• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

What game is everyone playing on Halloween? I am finally going to play Saya no Uta.

Also how is Fatal Frame IV on the PC (Dolphin)?

I'll be playing the game of "Having nowhere to go outside of my house because all of my friends now have real lives and real jobs".

I played it last year too. It's pretty overrated.

Necrovex

I'll be playing the game of "Having nowhere to go outside of my house because all of my friends now have real lives and real jobs".

I played it last year too. It's pretty overrated.

Hey! I'm playing that game too. Delayed Halloween party is on a Saturday now. Hooray for being a pseudo-adult. /cries

I thought you loved FFIV; I'm quite surprised by your statement.

For the love of god, don't play Saya no Uta with the risk of others walking in. I couldn't imagine explaining to others what's happening during some of the more fucked up scenes.

A Persona game with 999's setting would be pretty interesting. Dark as hell, but super interesting. Atlus wouldn't go for it though, a modern Persona game where half the cast can be killed off. I guess DanganRonpa will have to suffice.

That room is the only place where I can play Saya no Uta. So, if I come on the day after and tell you my father is no longer speaking to me, you'll know why.

And I am so bloody hyped for DanganRonpa. That and Bravely Default will occupy my time for a good while.

For the love of god, don't play Saya no Uta with the risk of others walking in. I couldn't imagine explaining to others what's happening during some of the more fucked up scenes.

I had a friend stream me this game under the pretense of "Hey watch me play this fucked up horror text game." Didn't see that one coming.

dkoy

I'll be here attempting to study and finish up this chemistry report. Australia doesn't really do Halloween :( Though I have been playing a bit of Metro 2033 which is kind of creepy.

I'm dressing up as Scott Pilgrim to go to a Halloween party tomorrow night. I'll post pics if I can get 'em.

Y'all should totally post pictures of any costumes you may be wearing as well!

kewlmyc

Now I'm morbidly curious.

Guy gets into accident. Accident makes guy see the entire world as hideous, grotesque blobs of flesh and meat. All except for one girl, Saya. Throw in random sex and you have a fucked up, yet slightly charming romance visual novel. It's a good read, imo.

I'm dressing up as Scott Pilgrim to go to a Halloween party tomorrow night. I'll post pics if I can get 'em.

You college kids and your parties.

Sophia

I'll be going to a masquerade party tomorrow if I'm fully recovered, but sadly I'll just be wearing a mask as I was too sick to prepare a costume ahead of time.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Is posting a selfie of myself enough? That's a pretty scary costume!

I'll be going to a masquerade party tomorrow if I'm fully recovered, but sadly I'll just be wearing a mask as I was too sick to prepare a costume ahead of time.

What kind of mask? One of my friends is going as a plague doctor, so I've heard a lot about mask shopping this year.

Is posting a selfie of myself enough? That's a pretty scary costume!

File photo of jello44:

mask1.jpg

Sophia

What kind of mask? One of my friends is going as a plague doctor, so I've heard a lot about mask shopping this year.

I dunno. I've just been told they'll be providing masks for those without costumes. It's something with my cousin and my mother. If I really wanted to, I could grab a costume from my grandmother's collection real fast. I'm sure there's a fairy or witch costume that'd fit.

Nachos

Would Corpse Party be a good game to get for Halloween? I'm really sick and will probably be stuck in the house tomorrow, so I'd like to do something. I remember someone here saying that the ending was disappointing, but I don't mind if the rest is good.

Also, I mostly have to agree with Dantis. I wouldn't call Saya no Uta overrated, but I was disappointed with it. The setting and general concept are cool, but I couldn't care less about the characters. It doesn't help that as tormented and insane the main character is, he's just thoroughly unlikable, making you stop caring about his plight. Oh, and underage sex prevents me from talking about it with anyone in real life.

The setting and general concept are cool, but I couldn't care less about the characters. It doesn't help that as tormented and insane the main character is, he's just thoroughly unlikable, making you stop caring about his plight. Oh, and underage sex prevents me from talking about it with anyone in real life.

this describes basically 100% of all visual novels

Dantis

I see where I misinterpret your writing. When you started on a new line, I thought you were addressing my Fatal Frame IV question. I realize you mean Saya no Uta now.

I've just caught up with what you meant. You're still misinterpreting me, haha! (I have no idea what Saya is)

I meant that the game of staying in and doing nothing on Halloween is overrated. It was a bad joke, I guess. ;)

Fatal Frame 4 is wonderful.

I've just caught up with what you meant. You're still misinterpreting me, haha! (I have no idea what Saya is)

I meant that the game of staying in and doing nothing on Halloween is overrated. It was a bad joke, I guess. ;)

Those Halloweens :[

This year I will be rocking the settee with my friend playing some games, drinking some Carling and probably watch some films.

Necrovex

this describes basically 100% of all visual novels

So you have played every visual novel then?

Steins;Gate and the Zero Escape franchise have awesome main leads.

We're old, Dantis. We have to accept our partying years are behind us, except for the weekend. I'm going to dress up as Toad and just give out candy.

It is a good idea to spend a month or two only focusing on the Fatal Frame games? Will I go insane(r)?

Meia

Would Corpse Party be a good game to get for Halloween? I'm really sick and will probably be stuck in the house tomorrow, so I'd like to do something. I remember someone here saying that the ending was disappointing, but I don't mind if the rest is good.

Also, I mostly have to agree with Dantis. I wouldn't call Saya no Uta overrated, but I was disappointed with it. The setting and general concept are cool, but I couldn't care less about the characters. It doesn't help that as tormented and insane the main character is, he's just thoroughly unlikable, making you stop caring about his plight. Oh, and underage sex prevents me from talking about it with anyone in real life.

As much as I bitch about the ending, you'd be hard pressed to find a better Halloween game. I was disappointed with how it went as there's little payoff to most things with the characters, but you have good headphones and you play the game, yeah good luck sleeping. :p

Me I just kind of hooked the game up to my 5.1 speakers. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.....

Somehow I'm not surprised. jk jk

If you include console VNs, then a good number of them are all ages.

Yep, there are plenty of really good All-Age VNs. I'm just a sucker for some cheap love stories
and incest. wha?
Amagami HD vita, January 30th come sooner :D

Necrovex

Man, I am trying to nail my Toad voice down but I sound like a super creep when I do it. I might be doomed to talk like a normal human being now. :-(

Caladrius

Man, I am trying to nail my Toad voice down but I sound like a super creep when I do it. I might be doomed to talk like a normal human being now. :-(

I've held it in my headcanon that Toad is secretly an uber-creeper who never does anything to help the princess escape because he wants to be with her forever. If it's creepy you'll be fine.

Caladrius

Well, he does hide in her dress in Melee and Brawl...

And in Luigi's mansion one time you find him he's standing around in the bathroom because he dropped an item in the toilet no one in their right mind would actually drop in there by accident. It was all for the attention. Toad's got some serious issues.

All this room for speculation makes me think we need a Mario-Persona crossover.

Caladrius

You might be right there.

Yu as Mario, Chie as Luigi, Yukiko as Peach and...Kanji as Daisy.

Dojima as Toadsworth. Nanako as Toadette. Birdo as Naoto, Rosalina as Rise, Wario can be Adachi, Bowser Jr. as Mitsuo, Waluigi can be Namatame and Bowser
in drag as Izanami.
Marie can be a koopa.

Meia

Dojima as Toadsworth. Nanako as Toadette. Birdo as Naoto, Rosalina as Rise, Wario can be Adachi, Bowser Jr. as Mitsuo, Waluigi can be Namatame and Bowser
in drag as Izanami.
Marie can be a koopa.

Bolded is brilliant for all the wrong reasons.
Or is the RIGHT ones? :D

Yosuke has to be Luigi though. You can just tell he's tired of playing second banana too. Chie would probably be Daisy. Kanji could be Bowser, as that misunderstood thug with a heart of gold.

Meia

Ya know, before the kickstarter updated for little witch academia 2's today, I had no idea that the director for it is the one doing Kill la Kill. @_@

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom