• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breeding Pokemon for perfect IVs is silly. The whole IV system is silly and probably should have been replaced.

Breeding for the sake of getting lots of rare Pokemon to trade is fun tho. Nobody expects a Charmander or Fennekin in Wonder Trade! :D
Even better if the Fennekin or Charmander has some great IVs and nature :p. IV breeding ain't so silly this gen because friend safari gets you pokemon already with two max IVs to start you off. Then everyone's trading off their breeding spares on wonder trade. All I've done is bred a few Fennekins and Squirtles, but already got a little collection of usable 'mons by trading them off.

Nachos

I just love the hardware and all the diferent ways they work. All the differnet controllers, especially during the Gen 1 and 2 consoles. The only games I have for them either came with the purchase, or friends and family have bought them for me from carboots etc. Mega Drive is the only console I've actively gone out and bought CIB games for.

I have some pong machines and handhelds too, but these are the main ones.

Odyssey
Atari 2600 and 5200
Coleco Vision
Intellivision and Voice module unit
Vectrex
NES
Famicon
SNES
N64
Gamecube
Wii
Master System
Mega Drive I and II, 32x and CD
Jaguar
Saturn
Dreamcast
TurboGrafx
Neo Geo
CDI
3DO
Playstation 1, 2 and 3
Xbox and 360
Commodore64, if you count it.
and the most recent purchase, my Fairchild Channel F

That's actually really cool, and it definitely seems like you have quite the collection. I don't think I'd ever have the time or the space to amass anything like that, but I'm sure it'd be really cool to see them altogether in one place.

I don't know if that's particularly what I want out of Persona 5, but I've always been intrigued at the idea of a Persona game using Zero Escape or Battle Royale concepts, and following a potentially darker path like (P4 Spoilers) "The Final Hour" implies. It's an idea I'm intrigued to see if they explore further in P4A2 a bit.

God, I would love a persona game that had Zero Escape's time traveling and something like Dragon Quarter's ratio system. I feel like it would allow for a happy true ending at the end, but would allow them to raise the stakes considerably by forcing you to relive the destruction of your town over and over again, as new knowledge and skills allows you to do things previous "reincarnations" couldn't.

Also those alpacas are adorable.

Gazoinks

God, I would love a persona game that had Zero Escape's time traveling and something like Dragon Quarter's ratio system. I feel like it would allow for a happy true ending at the end, but would allow them to raise the stakes considerably by forcing you to relive the destruction of your town over and over again, as new knowledge and skills allows you to do things previous "reincarnations" couldn't.

Sounds like Steins;Gate with battles. :p

It would be cool to see a Persona game with more of a sense of desperation to it, though. I suppose P3 kinda did that, buuuut. I think the way I'd like to see it done is basically a more dramatic version of what P4 does: Start off cheerful and happy and by the end everything is dark, but then you all band together and have a happy ending because it's Persona.

Nachos

Sounds like Steins;Gate with battles. :p

It would be cool to see a Persona game with more of a sense of desperation to it, though. I suppose P3 kinda did that, buuuut. I think the way I'd like to see it don't is basically a more dramatic version of what P4 does: Start off cheerful and happy and by the end everything is dark, but then you all band together and have a happy ending because it's Persona.

Yeah, I was thinking of something like everyone, main characters included, would slowly lapse into shadows. So on one hand, you could always jump back, but in order to get further, you need to keep going as you watch your friends and family slowly turn into abominations as order in the world slowly disintegrates. I think it would work mechanically, too, since the more and more you see the same scenes play out, you'd become jaded and unimpressed towards them, which could introduce an interesting psychological aspect.

So Steins;Gate meets Persona meets mystical zombies. =)

Meia

Oh man, I'm 21 today.

Time to pull a kanji AND MAN UP.

HAPPY BIRFDAY! :D

And you guys is crazy. The new persona doesn't need to be all sunshines and rainbows like 4 was, but we don't need to get to SMT levels of dark either. It's one of the reasons you have two series in the first place. :p

They're in the black strips on the side. Also I posted this on Gaming side.
popcorn_yes.gif

Gonna join that thread then XD

Caladrius

I'm not touching that thread with a hundred metre pole. The next three weeks can't come soon enough. I'm done with this rampant baseless speculation.

I have a migraine don't judge me.

From gaming:
Also, running javascript:alert(document.lastModified) against the site shows a last update of September 27. File this as a fake.

Yeup. The font looked off to me anyway. (And somehow I really doubt it's PS3 only.)

Edit: It's fun to click the boxes on p-ch.jp. Am I going insane?

From gaming:

Yeup. The font looked off to me anyway. (And somehow I really doubt it's PS3 only.)

Edit: It's fun to click the boxes on p-ch.jp. Am I going insane?
Welcome to Persona GAF XD, you may leave once in a while but you'll always be back =P

Probably discuss to death at this point in Persona GAF but, if the game was to be on the PS3 and 360 (assuming) would we have a large chance of a Vita version ala what Namco Bandai has been doing for the so many of its Japanese games now? (Ala Dragon's Crown)

Tamanon

Banned
Welcome to Persona GAF XD, you may leave once in a while but you'll always be back =P

Probably discuss to death at this point in Persona GAF but, if the game was to be on the PS3 and 360 (assuming) would we have a large chance of a Vita version ala what Namco Bandai has been doing for the so many of its Japanese games now? (Ala Dragon's Crown)

I can certainly see a Vita version down the road, provided it comes into its own as I expect it will. No need to release it now, save it for the "HD" rerelease!

Caladrius

Yeah I can see that happening.

I need to go through this thread and document some insanity bursts XD

You'll really wish you didn't.

And I think if you make all the boxes vibrate 10 times you'll initiate an Earthquack

Ducks come pouring out of the earth and turn people into shadows. Are you a bad enough dude to gun them down with your P35s0n4 rifle?

Nachos

And you guys is crazy. The new persona doesn't need to be all sunshines and rainbows like 4 was, but we don't need to get to SMT levels of dark either. It's one of the reasons you have two series in the first place. :p

That's the thing, though. I personally want both in equal amounts. I love sunshine and rainbows and generally following the motto of "let's positive thinking," but I also would like the stakes to be higher than they have been before. Though that just might be my take as a Lovecraft fan.

When people started posting screenshots of the Japanese version of SMT4, I was disappointed that the final representative of the chaos side wasn't a boss fight earlier in the game, as that would mean things could get even darker and possibly involve more elements of cosmic horror. As dark as people say SMT is, I thought SMT4 wasn't dark enough.

Though I am a fan of stories in which the characters need to go through hell and back, but the ending really is a "happily ever after."

Oh, and happy birthday, PK Gaming! I might not have been here long enough to really get to know you that well, but I hope you continue to renovate life's ass for many more years to come.

It's fake. It was mentioned above, and in its own thread, and in the Atlus teaser thread. :p

Stop trusting Reddit for information. Place has about as much credibility as 4chan.

haha, I kinda figured what with the the generic font and such, I guess I was just away from the internet for a while and when I came back and saw it I got a little quick to the trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom