• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

There is a Persona 4 reference in Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies!

(minor spoilers)
In case 3, before the trial starts Athena says "all that's left now is to reach out to the truth".

EDIT: Found it

Marche90

Oh man, I'm 21 today.

Time to pull a kanji AND MAN UP.

Happy birthday, man! Now you can finally get wasted legally
says someone who doesn't even drink :p

Edit: It's fun to click the boxes on p-ch.jp. Am I going insane?

Oh, don't worry. That side-effect is perfectly normal around here.

There is a Persona 4 reference in Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies!

(minor spoilers)
In case 3, before the trial starts Athena says "all that's left now is to reach out to the truth".

EDIT: Found it

Gotta love the AA localization team. (Aside from some typos) they do a great job when working on it.

There’s no doubt about the fact that Sony Computer Entertainment is holding SCE Japan Studio’s upcoming PS Vita Exclusive under wraps like it was some kind of precious industrial secret. The game has been announced several months ago, but no gameplay footage has been shown, until today. And today’s reveal, happened at an event held in Akihabara, Tokyo, is definitely a tease more than a full reveal, as it shows just a few blurry seconds, but if you’re hungry for info on the game, it’ll have to do for now.
Below you can check the video broadcasted during the event, mostly showing the cinematic trailer we already saw. Gameplay is at the very end, at the 3:24 mark, alongside with the promise of a reveal on November the 21st.
Between this and a probable new Persona game, November is going to be a good month for those that love Japanese games.
WAT :lol
http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/11...lay-footage-unveiled-full-reveal-on-the-21st/
Oh man, I'm 21 today.

Time to pull a kanji AND MAN UP.

Happy birthday duder

Kazzy

The greatest trick that Persona 5 ever played, was convincing the world that it did not exist.

Though I do fully expect that when it does come around, there is going to be a lot of double-guessing. We've basically confounded our own expectations!

Kazzy

Wow...Persona 4 Arena story actually gets good
( Or is Labrys's story the only decent one?)

It's the general consensus, yeah. The characterization is pretty fast and loose. It essentially boils down to whether or not you can tolerate the reductive writing, which seems content to have the returning cast act solely through established traits.

kewlmyc

Labrys's story is probably the best out of them, followed by elizabeth> Shadow Ops >> Later investigation team members >> Core investigation team members >>>> Yosuke

At least Yosuke develops slightly as a character in his. Can't say the same for Yukiko's and Yu's.

Meia

Magician arcana people ALWAYS need to get picked on. It's their thing. :p

And yeah, still felt more bad for Labrys than I did for Aigis in terms of their backgrounds, so mission accomplished for them with that.

Trigger

I hope the next game switches up the arcana associations. I don't want another Magician who's my goofy bro, tough guy Emperor, or a Priestess that can't cook. Switch it up Atlus!

Meia

I hope the next game switches up the arcana associations. I don't want another Magician who's my goofy bro, tough guy Emperor, or a Priestess that can't cook. Switch it up Atlus!

I don't mind keeping the associations, but they could easily switch up the arcanas for the party members. What would linking with someone of the Hermit arcana, or have one that was a party member, be like? Imagine them having very little in the way of elemental attacks, but mostly focus on status effects(and attacks that have them built in), maybe even with a slight overhaul of a status effect system?

Or, at the very least, expand more on the ones there. Rise and Yukari act very differently for example, with Rise being very open to everyone and Yukari being a polar opposite. Yukiko as a Priestess is more selfish than Fuuka was, so even though she was a healer she wasn't as much of a support as that arcana was with Fuuka.

But the only difference between Yosuke and Junpei is Yosuke wasn't a jealous jerk for a bit. Then again, Yosuke's moment of growth as a person happens in like April. :p

Trigger

I don't mind keeping the associations, but they could easily switch up the arcanas for the party members. What would linking with someone of the Hermit arcana, or have one that was a party member, be like? Imagine them having very little in the way of elemental attacks, but mostly focus on status effects(and attacks that have them built in), maybe even with a slight overhaul of a status effect system?

Or, at the very least, expand more on the ones there. Rise and Yukari act very differently for example, with Rise being very open to everyone and Yukari being a polar opposite. Yukiko as a Priestess is more selfish than Fuuka was, so even though she was a healer she wasn't as much of a support as that arcana was with Fuuka.

But the only difference between Yosuke and Junpei is Yosuke wasn't a jealous jerk for a bit. Then again, Yosuke's moment of growth as a person happens in like April. :p

A party member that focuses on status effects would probably end up warming the bench given how useful status effects are in the series.
XBMjaTZ.gif

Party members with different arcana from the usual variety would be pretty cool.

Nachos

If the Persona team takes only one lesson from Etrian Odyssey, I hope it's a much higher emphasis on status effects beyond the simple debuffs.

fertygo

I want party member with sexy dance, dammit.
Instant permanent in party.

EDIT: That Yosuke color made me mistook him as elizabeth smh

Goddamn it, I go camping for one weekend and miss both PK's birthday and a fake Persona 5 reveal?

Happy birthday PK, and yay for P5 being "announced!"

I was wondering where you went.

Excellent, you've just come in during the formative stages of an avatar bet!

I know a thing or two about those. Here are some hints:

1) Don't do it.

2) Don't do it.

3) Don't be Dantis and chicken out less than a week after taking your punishment.

Sophia

At the very least, if you're going to do an avatar bet, make sure the conditions are in your favor. Don't be like a certain trio of individuals who agree to outright absurd conditions.

Sophia

Yeah, I wonder who could be stupid and/or manly enough to do that?

I know right? When I did my avatar bet I made sure the avatar was one I'd already use anyhow.
Also, I made sure the fool I was betting against was foolish enough to not specify a time period, effectively making the bet unenforceable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom