• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caladrius

At the very least, if you're going to do an avatar bet, make sure the conditions are in your favor. Don't be like a certain trio of individuals who agree to outright absurd conditions.

I am willing to avatar bet that the teaser site is not actually Persona 5.

Seems legit.

The bet isn't so much about Persona 5 as it is a challenge to find something that would embarrass me.

What were the Terms Danti-chan and co. subject to? I was lurking at that time but I don't remember the details and didn't actually sub the thread.

Also. The results of the bet should last until December 31st, is this agreeable?

Sophia

What were the Terms Danti-chan and co. subject to? I was lurking at that time but I don't remember the details and didn't actually sub the thread.

Embarrassing Labrys-themed avatars for a period of two months (I think?) if Persona 5 was not announced at E3. If P5 was announced, Levito would get them all a cheap free game off Steam.

Dantis bailed out, as expected, Scrafty held through to the end, and Omi was given the okay to stop the bet early because of Dantis bailing out.

Dantis

P5 should have an A/V club with a corresponding S. Link.

So here's a thing I was thinking would be neat: I think it would be cool if your clubs had a resolution outside of the friendship. I was thinking about it because of the band scene in P4G. Imagine if, instead of the shite that we got, it was the resolution to a music club, and the conclusion is that you perform a concert and it goes well or badly depending on a few choices you made throughout the S Link.

It won't happen, but if it did, it might be neat.

Sophia

I want a large variety of clubs for social links this time. I was disappointed that Gekkoukan had so many different clubs (14) and you were restricted to such a limited choice with an equally as limited amount of characters.

Persona 4 kinda rectified that, cuz you got unique characters now, but you were still limited to a choice of four clubs.

Still kinda odd the swim club wasn't available for the female protagonist, seeing as Gekkoukan has a female swim team according to the artbook.

EMT0

Banned
Of course. We'll be so close to the release of Persona 5 by then.

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

I'm on Team P5....but not even my optimism can match that.

That was sarcasm, wasn't it?

Caladrius

Of course. We'll be so close to the release of Persona 5 by then.

~Of course we will.~

So here's a thing I was thinking would be neat: I think it would be cool if your clubs had a resolution outside of the friendship. I was thinking about it because of the band scene in P4G. Imagine if, instead of the shite that we got, it was the resolution to a music club, and the conclusion is that you perform a concert and it goes well or badly depending on a few choices you made throughout the S Link.

I could see them implementing more in-depth flag schemes, Persona 4 already had some of it.
With it's bullshit minefields.

I want a large variety of clubs for social links this time. I was disappointed that Gekkoukan had so many different clubs (14) and you were restricted to such a limited choice with an equally as limited amount of characters.

Persona 4 kinda rectified that, cuz you got unique characters now, but you were still limited to a choice of four clubs.

Still kinda odd the swim club wasn't available for the female protagonist, seeing as Gekkoukan has a female swim team according to the artbook.

I only want a swim team if there's one for both sexes. >_> I definitely hope they go into some more unorthodox clubs for social links. I need debate club in my veins.

Necrovex

I had too much to drink last night. During a costume party, my friends and I found a chalkboard. We created the sonic cycle on it...We did horrible things to Tails, Sonic, and Knuckles. :-(

Sophia

I only want a swim team if there's one for both sexes. >_> I definitely hope they go into some more unorthodox clubs for social links. I need debate club in my veins.

There definitely was a swim team at Gekkoukan for both sexes. Always thought it was weird the female protagonist didn't have a proper selection of clubs. Also I may be biased, but I hope they put Makoto in the swim or track team in the movie. =P

Daimaou

There definitely was a swim team at Gekkoukan for both sexes. Always thought it was weird the female protagonist didn't have a proper selection of clubs. Also I may be biased, but I hope they put Makoto in the swim or track team in the movie. =P

Kendo is the one true team.

Hittin' dudes with sticks.

Rhapsody

Banned
Same. And then you realize you meet the same person regardless of which club you chose. lol

But yeah, P4 fixed some of it, but it'd be great to see it improved even more.

Squire

Banned

Why rule it out? Sounds like a fairly natural progression to me.

The more we discuss it though I'm curious just how far they'll push S. Links.

Gazoinks

Why rule it out? Sounds like a fairly natural progression to me.

The more we discuss it though I'm curious just how far they'll push S. Links.

What if the next protag is a hikikomori and all of your S.Links are with furniture and visual novel characters.

Meia

I'm more surprised you couldn't join Boxing, which would have been Akihiko's link for the male route, or Archery, would could have been Yukari's link for the female one.

Gazoinks

I'm more surprised you couldn't join Boxing, which would have been Akihiko's link for the male route, or Archery, would could have been Yukari's link for the female one.

Relatedly, it'd be cool if they had different party members depending on different story choices, like clubs. It'd be a lot of extra work, but it'd be cool! :D

Sophia

A free character that's not Gou or the teacher and the worst idol.
I'm not getting carried away at all.

And then you realize that Gou was intended to be the Audience Surrogate... >_>;

Relatedly, it'd be cool if they had different party members depending on different story choices, like clubs. It'd be a lot of extra work, but it'd be cool! :D

Kinda like what they did for the original Persona but taken to the next level?

kewlmyc

Seems legit.

The bet isn't so much about Persona 5 as it is a challenge to find something that would embarrass me.

Also. The results of the bet should last until December 31st, is this agreeable?

Agreed. So it's a 3 way bet between me, you, and Trigger?

A free character that's not Gou or the teacher and the worst idol.
I'm not getting carried away at all.

Free was surprising a fun show though. Makoto and Rei were great.

Kazzy

And then you realize that Gou was intended to be the Audience Surrogate... >_>;

"Overuse of tropes. Must try harder."

It speaks to how weak a lot of the cast actually was - and how laughable the central conceit was, that people did genuinely care about someone like Gou. She was goofy and fun, and wasn't a victim of the bizarre characterization.

Of the main cast, she was probably the only one who didn't have her actual motives/actions shrouded in mystery, simply to elicit melodrama. Most of them acted like idiots, for the most part - unable to have a simple conversation without reacting to mundane things with the utmost importance.

Even as someone who ostensibly, was part of their target audience, I found it to be maddening.

Caladrius

I want to watch Hyouka eventually. I just received a shit-ton of recs that I want to sift through beforehand though. I've been attempting to watch anime in earnest for the first time since my childhood.

todd360

So i'm here to confirm that I landed a role as a social link character in the video game club in persona 5. truthfact
i'm bored

Persona7

Banned
I want to replay Persona 4 but I wonder if I can pull through the 99 hours or more.

I did restart Persona 3 months ago but my PS3 fried my save and then it fried the backup save on my USB drive when I went to restore it. I tried to find a PS2 classics save file near the middle or end of october online but I had no luck.

You can't have a school kid in too many clubs, It wouldn't make sense. Besides, I like the fact that there are more social links outside of school.

Trigger

Was this the reveal trailer for P3? It's 17 mins long! I think I saw a similarly long P4 trailer but not sure if it was a reveal trailer or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouI4EULiwX8

I ask because when P5 is announced, can we expect a detailed trailer?

Oh man, the first P3 trailer was magic. I don't think I've ever been more enamored with the music and set up of a game before. I must have listened to that long mix of songs from the OST a dozen times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom