• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

These are all better than pursuing my true sequel.

ibiT52LNsYJxC7.gif

Necrovex

Would WATCH the hell out of. Yosuke as Xander? Yukiko as Willow? Naoto as Giles! This whole thing writes itself! :D

Sooner rather than later I hope.

runs of to find fan art.

Man, I want this spinoff so much. Imagine if Whedon directed it! All that goodness!!!

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Dantis please watch this anime

I always imagine Dantis is like Sato from Welcome to NHK.

Meia

Man, I want this spinoff so much. Imagine if Whedon directed it! All that goodness!!!

Always thought that Persona 4 felt like Buffy to begin with. Group of high school students saving the world while the rest of the school is(possibly) none the wiser(saying possibly because of all the TV-world only centric stuff random teachers and classmates give you). You have your bungling side-kick character who's your best friend, the shy girl who ultimately is one of the most powerful friends you have, a socially awkward books-smart person who serves as your mentor. Guess Ai is closer to Cordelia than most of the other cast though.

Then again, smartly written things featuring a solid cast of characters with great interaction with each other isn't a common thing to find, so it's not too surprising I find myself trying to draw a comparison. Joss really is great when it comes to that.

Dantis

Always thought that Persona 4 felt like Buffy to begin with. Group of high school students saving the world while the rest of the school is(possibly) none the wiser(saying possibly because of all the TV-world only centric stuff random teachers and classmates give you). You have your bungling side-kick character who's your best friend, the shy girl who ultimately is one of the most powerful friends you have, a socially awkward books-smart person who serves as your mentor. Guess Ai is closer to Cordelia than most of the other cast though.

Then again, smartly written things featuring a solid cast of characters with great interaction with each other isn't a common thing to find, so it's not too surprising I find myself trying to draw a comparison. Joss really is great when it comes to that.

Persona 3 is much closer comparison in my opinion. I mean, shy girl? In P4? Socially awkward mentor? Wut? Who are you referring to?

I like the idea of a crossover though. I'll add it to my list of 'things I may one day draw', haha.

Tamanon

Banned
Persona 3 is much closer comparison in my opinion. I mean, shy girl? In P4? Socially awkward mentor? Wut? Who are you referring to?

I like the idea of a crossover though. I'll add it to my list of 'things I may one day draw', haha.

Wouldn't Yukiko qualify as pretty shy?

Meia

Naoto kinda, though it's a stretch. You are kind of investigating, though you never have before, and her comes Naoto, an actual one. It's just too bad they didn't do more in that direction(something that she catches on to that you overlook because of inexperience or not having the tools to). And yeah, Yukiko is kind of shy/withdrawn at first, not laughing in front of others, and mentioning never talking to another boy before. Plus yeah, combat strength she becomes a beast.

Yeah 3's probably closer, though I can't see Fuuka eventually becoming practically a god in terms of power. Maybe in terms of "seeing" ability. Can see Yukari as a Cordelia character, though I think 4 may work better with the others if you consider Chie as an Anya type character(bonus points if you think Chie/Yosuke are/could be a thing).

Maybe it's just easier to kind of associate Tarots with Buffy's cast rather than characters, thinking more about it. :p

Xander - Magician
Willow - Priestess
Angel - Star
Giles - Fortune
Oz - Emperor(?)
Tara - Hermit(thinking Saori when thinking this)
Cordelia - Lovers(Yukari version)
Anya - Chariot
Faith - Devil

Sophia

Wouldn't Yukiko qualify as pretty shy?

For all of two story arcs at best. Out of like ten or eleven. For that matter, she's hardly seen until after you rescue her.

I don't think I'd count anyone in P4 as shy, personally. I can't really remember any scenes where Yukiko seems shy?

She starts off that way actually, but only because she had a lack of screen time compared to other characters. Once she actually joins the party proper, those traits go away. It's even acknowledged in story by Chie that she didn't think Yukiko would open up and have laughing fits in front of people other than her.

Necrovex

A junkie lolicon shut-in? =P

He hides the shame well...right Dantis? Right! ;-D

Whedon likes to screw over his characters hard; I want that to happen to all of the Persona 4 characters. Yosuke sacrifices himself for the crew, Teddie dies from a stab wound, and Yu is holding Rise, his lover, in his arms as she dies. Wouldn't that be awesome?! :-D

Gazoinks

He hides the shame well...right Dantis? Right! ;-D

Whedon likes to screw over his characters hard; I want that to happen to all of the Persona 4 characters. Yosuke sacrifices himself for the crew, Teddie dies from a stab wound, and Yu is holding Rise, his lover, in his arms as she dies. Wouldn't that be awesome?! :-D

Yaaaaay...

We all know P4 is really Scooby Doo anyway.

Sophia

Yukiko isn't "shy", she's "sheltered".

Or what Sophia said.

Well, more shy than sheltered. The anime definitely made note of the fact that until Chie became her friend, she was very very reserved. Persona 3 Portable kinda hinted at it too, with how she reacts to the Gekkoukan students.

I used to be the same way around people, so it's easy to relate to Yukiko in that regard. >.<;

Dantis

I don't consider her shy at all.

Not laughing like a weirdo in front of people is pretty normal. I do lots of stupid things at home and in front of close friends that I wouldn't do in front of other people.

Caladrius

Wasn't there a theory that she was the killer all along?

I think that was Yosuke, based off of the fact that he's the son of the local Junes owner/manager/IDGAF and all the kids who get kidnapped before
Mitsuo
are the progeny of small businesses owners/ know him. Also of note
He and Adachi are basically the same archetype taken in two different directions.

Kid can't navigate his putookus out of a trash bin.

Gazoinks

This is amazing.

Also I don't believe for a second that the killer was originally Yukiko.

When the game tells you to choose who the killer was, the first person I picked was Nanako. It's hilarious how the game basically goes "What how is that even possible what is wrong with you".

Dantis

Isn't that what'd make her the best choice though?

It would make her the dumb choice.

It's like the killer in Heavy Rain. The reason it's such a dumb twist is because it's literally the last person you'd expect and when you realise it's them, the plot falls apart.

Being 'the last person you'd expect' still has to be constrained to who it can logically be.

Caladrius

What if Yu was the killer all along.

What if YOU were the real killer all along?!?!?!?!

Well I do rampage across continents to pursue the poor fools who would dare to steal my dessert.

It would make her the dumb choice.

It's like the killer in Heavy Rain. The reason it's such a dumb twist is because it's literally the last person you'd expect and when you realise it's them, the plot falls apart.

Being 'the last person you'd expect' still has to be constrained to who it can logically be.

In terms of maintaining the willing suspension of disbelief you have a point, but keep in mind that they most likely would have written her somewhat differently if they chose to cast her as the killer. Even as she is now Yukiko has some... interesting moments.

Tamanon

Banned
Weird, not sure why I don't recognize about five of them. Besides P3 and P4 games, where is it from?

Ah, Trinity Soul characters I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom