• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mvst4sSY3Y1s602ggo1_1280.png

this is 2lewd dantis

Nachos

All in jest, friend, all in jest!

I know. I'm just saying that there's playing and then there's hitting way below the belt. He's Innocent Sin PSP, at the very least. =P

Anyway, I my sister got a Vita recently, along with Persona 4 Golden. It's her first time getting into the series, so I hope she enjoys it. Although, I did get to try it myself, and I can't say I'm impressed. She managed to snag a price-dropped OLED model, and aside from the color clarity, I really don't think it benefits games all that much. The thing is incredibly well built, but I just don't like holding it compared to my 3DS XL, especially with that touch panel on the back that seems as unnecessary as the 3DS' 3D. Sony has never had particularly good D-pads, but this one just feels really mushy to me, and the button placement feels weird, all to accommodate some stocks that didn't feel that great either. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually prefer the 3DS circle pad.

That said, I'm curious to know everyone's thoughts on it. The thing clearly isn't really for me, so I'm in no rush to buy one. I know some people on S. Link FM have been a little *ahem* anti-Nintendo, but I'm sure none of you are going to be as quick to insult their graphics as he was. =P

Where's the image of Naoto asking people to not draw her with overly- large breasts when you need it?

It's actually a fantastic drawing. Everything is excellently rendered.

Squire

Banned
I'm gonna be the crazy idealistic one and say they'll have a near simultaneous release!

I'm thinking the same. Inside the same month seems about right.

If they started localization early with SMTIV, it only makes sense they'd follow suit with P5.

I would assume two or three months at the earliest. Or they could pull an Etrian Odyssey IV and Soul Hackers and wait nearly a year. Or they could pull a Bravely Default and Shin Megami Tensei 3 and not release Vanilla Persona 5 at all and just wait for the Expanded Director's Cut version.

Ha, ha, ha, just kidding on that last one. Of course they'll release the Vanilla Version, and then the Expanded Director's Cut a year later.

Sophia

Does SMT IV have a lot of text?

Depends on how you look at it. There's a lot of gameplay text, but the story and voice work isn't quite as heavy as something as Persona 4.

It's hard to say how fast a hypothetical Persona 5 would be localized, seeing as we have no idea the scope of the game yet. I do think we're looking at something that's already in the localization process however, so sooner rather than later.

Sophia

Persona 5 has a virtually non-existent chance of being on anything other than a Sony platform. So you'll always have the option to import at least.

Sophia

I did wonder if it was, to be honest. That's about as lewd as my drawings are going to get!

To your credit, despite how out of character it is for Naoto, it actually does look good on her. Plus the outfit is sexy in a semi-practical way, unlike a lot of fanservice.

Squire

Banned
Probably wouldn't, really. The kind of actors they use get paid very low wages.

Yeah, but you're still talking about basically doubling the VA budget if P3 and 4 are anything to go by. And that's probably not cheap for a company like Atlus.

Dantis

To your credit, despite how out of character it is for Naoto, it actually does look good on her. Plus the outfit is sexy in a semi-practical way, unlike a lot of fanservice.

Well, the actual outfit is meant to have a bare stomach and shorts, which is how I drew it up originally. It just looked silly to me, though.

Yeah, but you're still talking about basically doubling the VA budget if P3 and 4 are anything to go by. And that's probably not cheap for a company like Atlus.

They managed to afford it for games like Trauma Team and Arena, both of which sold MIIIIIIIILES less than P5 will do.

I think it's within the realms of feasibility.

Sophia

Well, the actual outfit is meant to have a bare stomach and shorts, which is how I drew it up originally. It just looked silly to me, though.

You definitely did make it more fanservicy than her regular Halloween outfit, which is pretty tame all things considered.

Most of Naoto's outfits in Golden are pretty awesome actually. The one exception being that awful.... "magical girl" ... outfit which I'm not even sure how it stays on.

Dantis

You definitely did make it more fanservicy than her regular Halloween outfit, which is pretty tame all things considered.

Most of Naoto's outfits in Golden are pretty awesome actually. The one exception being that awful.... "magical girl" ... outfit which I'm not even sure how it stays on.

Tame, but lame.

Dantis

Dantis

dantis

persona pinup art contest

...in like three weeks when i'm not so fucking busy

...Like a sexy picture of Izanagi?

>_>

I have things to do right now too. We'll see how things are in about three weeks. I have no idea what I'd draw though.

Naeval

Ohh nice.

As someone that has finished Persona 1, Persona 2: Innocent Sin, Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4 Golden and Persona 4 Arena, I like to hug everyone at this group :)

I'm in a train travel now, but, with time, I will talk a bit more in this thread.

Cheers to everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom