• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

Weird, not sure why I don't recognize about five of them. Besides P3 and P4 games, where is it from?

Ah, Trinity Soul characters I guess.

Trinity Souls. A terrible anime that somehow gets more attention than P1-P2. Hell, until last year, they used to play Trinity Souls music at the annual Persona concert. They've never done P2 or P1 music iirc.

Sophia

Four of them are from Persona: Trinity Soul and Curly-fro guy is the Protagonist of Catherine.

That's actually Takuro Sakakiba, a character from Trintiy Soul. Nobody from Catherine is present.

Trinity Souls. A terrible anime that somehow gets more attention than P1-P2. Hell, until last year, they used to play Trinity Souls music at the annual Persona concert. They've never done P2 or P1 music iirc.

It's cast and concept aren't actually terrible at all. Which makes it all the worse that they were wasted on such awful writing. :(

Also, it has more lyrical songs than Persona 2 or the PSP remake of Persona 1 does. :p

Caladrius

That's actually Takuro Sakakiba, a character from Trintiy Soul. Nobody from Catherine is present.

original.gif
Of course.

cjkeats

They did the opening for the PSP version of p1 at the second show.

Sophia

Total non-human count in that image: 11.
Four robots, Four people who may or may not be Shadows,
two gods
, and a dog.

>_>;

todd360

Holy crap that yosuke was the killer theory is so good. Imagine the surprise that would have been. Just throwing people from local businesses into the tv for junes supreme domination.

Kazzy

Holy crap that yosuke was the killer theory is so good. Imagine the surprise that would have been. Just throwing people from local businesses into the tv for junes supreme domination.

The Prince of Junes.
The King of the New World.

Squire

Banned
Finished watching the campaign for P4: Arena.
Is the whole malevolent entity thing a setup for the suplex version or possibly for Persona 5?

Anything P4A is hinting at is more than likely going to be resolved in Suplex, since there seems to be a sequel narrative going on there.

Hell, the game is a sequel in full. I'm shocked some people still debate that.

Squire

Banned
I'm really disappointed that the music from Chugal Cafe isn't on the P4G OST. I really loved the "lazy Sunday" feel of that place and the advice you got from the barista (Mamoan, was his name?) I also only started to go there towards the final months of the game, which felt appropriate to me, for whatever reason.

P4G came out in the states almost a year ago, so in general I've been feeling some early nostalgia the past few days or so.

I'm wondering, guys: What are your hopes and expectations for P5's setting? For me, Inaba stands next to a couple of open-world games and the 7th gen BioWare games as having one of the most believable worlds in a video game that I've ever been to. It felt like another place I completely enjoyed being in and, for me, that's what immersion is really all about.

Now, having said that, when I stand back and objectively look at the fact the game has maybe 10 different single screen locations that you visit repeatedly for 80 hours, I'm that much more impressed with how convincing it all was for me. So that's why I'm sure I'll like whatever they come up with. What about you?

I'm really disappointed that the music from Chugal Cafe isn't on the P4G OST. I really loved the "lazy Sunday" feel of that place and the advice you got from the barista (Mamoan, was his name?) I also only started to go there towards the final months of the game, which felt appropriate to me, for whatever reason.

P4G came out in the states almost a year ago, so in general I've been feeling some early nostalgia the past few days or so.

I'm wondering, guys: What are your hopes and expectations for P5's setting? For me, Inaba stands next to a couple of open-world games and the 7th gen BioWare games as having one of the most believable worlds in a video game that I've ever been to. It felt like another place I completely enjoyed being in and, for me, that's what immersion is really all about.

Now, having said that, when I stand back and objectively look at the fact the game has maybe 10 different single screen locations that you visit repeatedly for 80 hours, I'm that much more impressed with how convincing it all was for me. So that's why I'm sure I'll like whatever they come up with. What about you?

Futuristic neon and towers everywhere, but you can go to the country too! I just hope they get the town right. Mikage, all things wrong with P1 considered, was pretty cool, and Sumaru was awesome, it felt like a character in the story, not just a random town its in. They lost this with P3, I didn't really connect with Tatsumi Port Island as a whole, but I connected with Gekkoukan High School, maybe that was intentional. They brought it back in P4, and Inaba felt almost like a living breathing city, with tons of character. Yasogami may not be as strong as Gekkoukan, but the city more than makes up for it.

Lunar15

Both Catherine and P4G used at least rudimentary forms of online elements. Catherine measured your answers up with other people, and P4G had the SOS mode to get some aid in dungeons.

If P5 goes a more modern route and involves more of the digital age (smartphones, forums, social media) I wonder if they'll find ways to implement more online stuff into the game? Persona is always about the "masses" being contrasted against the "individual", so I wonder if there's some neat ways they could take advantage of that.

Dantis

I really hope any online functionality is smart and unobtrusive, like in P4G and Catherine.

I don't want anything too significant.

Squire

Banned
I really love the asynchronous, analytical stuff. Rockstar has some of that in their games as well. It's cool. I definitely hope Atlus continues with it. They could bring back Vox Populi as is and it would be great.

Lunar15

I really hope any online functionality is smart and unobtrusive, like in P4G and Catherine.

I agree, but I think they could add some cool "enhancements" that add to the experience without being necessary.

kewlmyc

I want another city. A city with a boarding school. Or rival schools. Or both.

An all boys school and an all girls school with both a male and female protag choice would also be neat.

Catherine's "online" was good, however P4G's felt pointless. Having other players act as some sort of ingame pen pal or online friend would be neat.

Dantis

Catherine's "online" was good, however P4G's felt pointless. Having other players act as some sort of ingame pen pal or online friend would be neat.

It was actually really great in the Japanese release. Much, much more popular. It made the game too easy, but it was neat.

I also think the thing where you can see what other people did was a neat idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom