• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

Ohh nice.

As someone that has finished Persona 1, Persona 2: Innocent Sin, Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4 Golden and Persona 4 Arena, I like to hug everyone at this group :)

I'm in a train travel now, but, with time, I will talk a bit more in this thread.

Cheers to everyone!

How does one play Innocent Sin and P1, but not Eternal Punishment? Are you a newer fan?

Ohh nice.

As someone that has finished Persona 1, Persona 2: Innocent Sin, Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4 Golden and Persona 4 Arena, I like to hug everyone at this group :)

I'm in a train travel now, but, with time, I will talk a bit more in this thread.

Cheers to everyone!

Hello new person! When you have the time, I would like to discuss the series with you, and also recommend that you check out Persona 2: Eternal Punishment!

Snakeyes

Ohh nice.

Cheers to everyone!

Welcome onboard!

18 days...

EMT0

Banned
I just picked up a treadmill for $20, and had no idea what the actual cost was because of the pricing error.

...apparently it's on Amazon for $888. @_@

....I was in the market for a monitor. The exact one I wanted to buy was on sale. It went out of stock juuuust as I hit the Confirm Order button.

447px-Manlytears3.jpg

Meia

No one at the store thought it was odd that you bought a huge treadmill for $20?

Apparently not. Did store pickup, so went to the counter for it, they brought out a giant 225 lb box on a handjack, lady printed out two receipts, one for me one for them that clearly said $23.xx total, signed it, and left.

Lady in front of me apparently found out the same thing since she bought two copies of pokemon for $36 total.

Caladrius

I would have taken advantage of it but I was in School at the time and inputting credit card information on a public network is kind of stupid.

Why didn't I stay home on a sick day like sane people?

Apparently not. Did store pickup, so went to the counter for it, they brought out a giant 225 lb box on a handjack, lady printed out two receipts, one for me one for them that clearly said $23.xx total, signed it, and left.

Lady in front of me apparently found out the same thing since she bought two copies of pokemon for $36 total.

chaos reigns
ACqEsAL.gif

Dantis

Looks amaaaaaazing!

How long did you spend on it?

I also now feel bad that I'm too lazy to draw backgrounds on my pictures.

Sophia

Dantis you mentioned having the OT3's OP be focused more on the community, yes? You should definitely include a section and sample of the various artists we have. The pictures that Shmeeb and you make kinda deserve a front row spot.

Caladrius

Weird, I see Kirby just fine on my end. Using Firefox Aurora. .

(I can see it but that's the second time somebody's said they haven't been able to) It's just a PNG file too. Huh.

I have been flip-flopping on whether or not I want something more fabulous. My avatar-changing disease is getting terminally severe.

That's some mighty fine art, Shmeebster.

Yours too Dantis, but in a different way ;P

Also, I can't see Caladrious' avatar either. I'm using Chrome, for the record.

Dantis

Thank you.

I dunno how long, something dumb like 40 hours maybe.

That's a lot of time! It looks really great though. Well done!

Dantis you mentioned having the OT3's OP be focused more on the community, yes? You should definitely include a section and sample of the various artists we have. The pictures that Shmeeb and you make kinda deserve a front row spot.

Yeah, I was thinking a similar thing. I'll probably link Scrafty and PK's LP too.

Do you have an art Tumblr or anything, Shmeeb?

That's some mighty fine art, Shmeebster.

Yours too Dantis, but in a different way ;P

Lewd.

King Fost

Neo Member
That really is a kickass drawing, awesome stuff.

Been playing a lot of DDS lately, and I noticed something interesting stuff regarding Cielo's ailment weakness:

-If he's hit with an attack that has a chance of causing a status (like Charm Slash) and he's inflicted with it, the weakness does not trigger.
-Ravana's Hunger Wave does not give trigger his weakness.
-I thought I saw Blood Curse not triggering his weakness either but I could be misremembering that.
-Enemies in an area tend to stick with one or two kind of ailments, so as long as you have the appropriate Null skill on, he'll be fine.

So basically the ailment weakness, while unfortunate, isn't nearly as bad as it is often made out to be. His subpar stat spread does hold him back though kind of, though with high speed, no elemental resistance, and passable magic, he has a few perks here and there.

I think it would be pretty cool to see the Investigation Team dressed as the Embryon or vice versa. They're close competitors for my favorite group of leads in a game.

EMT0

Banned
Speaking of people who desperately need an avatar, let's stick my foot into the conversation :p

I need a new avatar. My current one is...well, my current one. Finding a replacement is in the books.

Sophia

Well, at least it looks like it won't be filled with QUALITY like P4. But really, I can't see this working, a 24 episodes series would have made more sense the way P3 is structured, even more than P4.

The pacing is more than fit for a movie trilogy. Incoming P3 spoilers across the board.

Movie 1 will have the Introduction and Magician fight, the fight with Priestess in the rail car, and the Fuuka rescue event. Possibly even the love hotel and the start of Yakushima.

Movie 2 will have Yakushima, Introductions of Aigis, Ken, and Shinjiro, Strega, the October Full Moon event, and possibly even
Ikutsuki's betrayal

Movie 3 will have
Ikutsuki's betrayal if not done in the second movie. Aigis's past and her first encounter with Death, Ryoji and how it all relates to the main character, Chidori's death, last battle against Strega
, and the finale.

Easily doable, especially if they pad stuff out using the side materials. Which it looks like they're doing. Already in the trailer we see new scenes (Fuuka's bullying at the hands of Natsuki, Makoto remembering his parents, ) that didn't occur in the game itself.

Sophia

The Answer has far more than 15 minutes of story content, especially with side materials. Also, Dantis, the premise of your question is fundamentally flawed as anime is not an artstyle but a medium.

Dantis

The Answer has far more than 15 minutes of story content, especially with side materials. Also, Dantis, the premise of your question is fundamentally flawed as anime is not an artstyle but a medium.

That's actually exactly my point.

And no it doesn't.

Sophia

That's actually exactly my point.

And no it doesn't.

It actually has about four hours worth of story. You just think it has less because The Answer has a heavily lopsided gameplay to story ratio (its about 4:1 in favor of gameplay, much higher than the main game.)

However an adaptation of The Answer is pointless. The manga proved that about almost all of it can be done in the story proper.

Caladrius

Question: If anime is art coming from Japan, what is Persona fanart drawn by an Englishman?

Man, look at dis ugly-ass anime.

Kuniteru_Gozu_dragon.jpg

In all seriousness, it's more the style than anything, as others have said. (If we want to get really anal, anime is only for animation and not still images in which case it would be manga-style)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom