• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_lxlsw8jVoj1qgd8moo2_500.gif

2anime4me

To be fair, I only noticed it because Jintor pointed it out. Now it sticks out like a sore thumb. >.>;
RUINED

Eh, wasn't as simple as I had hoped. Made some changes though and hopefully less contrast makes it not so distracting at least. If it's still borked I'll try again another time maybe, my head is killing me.
Question: If anime is art coming from Japan, what is Persona fanart drawn by an Englishman?
A cheap knock-off :x

Sophia

RUINED

Eh, wasn't as simple as I had hoped. Made some changes though and hopefully less contrast makes it not so distracting at least. If it's still borked I'll try again another time maybe, my head is killing me.

Erm, perhaps I should have clarified. The Umbrella is off-centered. It looks as if the handle is off to the side and the runner is about to fall off.

Put simply, if you held it straight up, it would seem as if one side of the runner is significantly longer than the other.

The new contrast however is pretty nice, a bit easier on the eyes and puts Aigis more in the focus.

Erm, perhaps I should have clarified. The Umbrella is off-centered. It looks as if the handle is off to the side and the runner is about to fall off.

Put simply, if you held it straight up, it would seem as if one side of the runner is significantly longer than the other.

The new contrast however is pretty nice, a bit easier on the eyes and puts Aigis more in the focus.
Ohh. Shite. Not 100% sure if I know what you mean other than that it's a perspective problem so I'll re-do it sometime. Though the two ribs in the top right corner are too thin for a start, doesn't look like they're coming forward enough. At least it's the stupid umbrella being picked apart and not the character >_>;.

Levito

Banned
IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW UGUU~ YOU ARE!

I take great pleasure knowing many of you wont be able to see The Rock without thinking of Persona.

Sophia

... I don't even know what's going on with this thread anymore.

Despite any implications to the contrary, I usually have no problem keeping up with this thread. I'm like immune to the weirdness.

Also you guys give me five minutes searching and I bet I can find a Persona-themed avatar that can easily out moe anything you guys use. :p

Tamanon

Banned
The worst part is the site isn't done counting down until 8 PM on the 24th. Would have to do the math on what that is in GaijinLand.

Jintor

RUINED

A cheap knock-off :x

imho the main umbrella problem is with the shading. It's not totally apparent at first glance that it's an inverse cone because the shadows don't feel right. It especially stands out because Aigis is properly shaded, but her umbrella seems to just be a gradient

Squire

Banned
Okay guys. Innocent Sin. Sell me.

I genuinely, deeply love Persona, so I know I just need to play this at some point and it's idiotic to keep allowing it to go on sale and still pass it up.

Convince me. Will I need to stick my nose in a GameFAQs guide to get through it?

Meia

I genuinely, deeply love Persona, so I know I just need to play this at some point and it's idiotic to keep allowing it to go on sale and still pass it up.

Convince me. Will I need to stick my nose in a GameFAQs guide to get through it?

The game isn't necessarily hard by any stretch, just has some annoying game systems. This annoyance goes away by following the spoiler free plot faq.

If you love Persona because of the characters, the cast of IS is one of the best in the series.

Gazoinks

The cast is one of the best, the story swings between being serious and completely insane, but is fairly interesting. Gameplay's... pretty meh, but at least it's easy enough you don't really have to worry about it. Spoiler Free guide is great, not necessary, but recommended.

Eikichi is best bro.

cjkeats

All the convincing you should need right there.
It's an important part in a franchise you love. If I can get through it, so can you.

Edit: The gameplay isn't as bad as it seems upfront. Once you figure it out and build a strategy, everything goes as smooth as butter. The game is super easy and only around 25hrs if you follow the magnificent spoiler-free guide, and not that much longer without it.

It's 110% worth it, and if you don;t play it I'm sending the Iron Shiek after you.

What is that game? I never heard of it. Doesn't exist.

Kappa.gif

Play it for the music, but don't go looking for the music on youtube or anything because some of the tracks are hilariously literal spoilers. Like, imagine if Persona 4 had a track called "The identity of the killer is ______" but instead of leaving a blank like I did it literally listed the killer's name.

Play it for the music, but don't go looking for the music on youtube or anything because some of the tracks are hilariously literal spoilers. Like, imagine if Persona 4 had a track called "The identity of the killer is ______" but instead of leaving a blank like I did it literally listed the killer's name.

A friend of mine who just started playing went and listened to the OST. Yea, he got mad. That literal title spoiler.

Meia

I like girly shit, but I also have never played it(even though yes, I do own it for the PS2). I had bought it intending to play it, then heard third hand that it kind of craps on how X ended, which I wasn't cool with so didn't try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom