• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

I've decided what the three things on p-ch are.

New game (P5. P3V. Whatever)

iOS something.

Makoto Yuki in Arena.

CONSIDER IT CALLED.

Meia

I'm beginning to wonder if this Anime Island site for figures is a damn scam. Still haven't heard one word about the Chie High Priestess figure...

Didn't think one of the boxes could be a reveal for a fighter in Arena. It actually makes sense as a tie-in to the movie release the day before....

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

iOS something.

Makoto Yuki in Arena.

CONSIDER IT CALLED.

Oh please, I and everyone else predicted two of those three weeks ago, as they make sense.

You're just late to the party.

fertygo

Persona 2 the.. anime?
Lawl, hell no.. altho I'm gonna happy enough to have no need the incredibly dated game. No chance tho, who even ask for it.

Caladrius

Persona 2 the.. anime?
Lawl, hell no.. altho I'm gonna happy enough to have no need the incredibly dated game. No chance tho, who even ask for it.

I was thinking of a modernized remake of Persona 2. In a perfect world it would be a console RPG with the duology in one package.

I predict the site has something related to Persona 2.

There is no reason for this, the Red just makes me think of IS.
If only the modern Persona team had a spare fuck to give about P2. If they did, you could have been right.
Persona 2 the.. anime?
Shit would most likely suck, you are better off just watching a walkthrough on youtube.
I think they are bringing up Persona 2(knowing that the Current persona team will never touch the games) just to spite you :lol
I was thinking of a modernized remake of Persona 2. In a perfect world it would be a console RPG with the duology in one package.
See my first post

They aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.

Either way me winning a suicidal bet would be hilarious.

Would be amazing

Also featuring:

Katsuya Suou as the grizzled vet sarge who appears tough but had a heart of gold

Tamaki Uchida as a P.I. and a Devil Summoner working on a case who enlists the help of PERSONA COPS

Detective Kurosawa as the undercover detective attempting to aid Akihiko and Chie in their affairs

Ryotaro Dojima as a the lead cop of another town but frequently gives aside to the two

Meia

Also featuring:

Katsuya Suou as the grizzled vet sarge who appears tough but had a heart of gold

Tamaki Uchida as a P.I. and a Devil Summoner working on a case who enlists the help of PERSONA COPS

Detective Kurosawa as the undercover detective attempting to aid Akihiko and Chie in their affairs

Ryotaro Dojima as a the lead cop of another town but frequently gives aside to the two

Would import.

Trigger

Also featuring:

10/10

Would buy

Like I know X-2 gets a lot of hate because "OMG IT'S SO GIRLY!!!*" but it's actually pretty fascinating to see how the events of FFX impacted the world and how people are coping. And not in a ridiculously stupid way like the 13 sequels.

*this is not directed specifically at Danty-kun, it comes up often

Levito

Banned
I didn't enjoy X-2 a 1/10th(har) as much as much as X, but it was still pretty fun. The combat/dressphere systems were actually really well done.

Only real complaint was the game wasn't particularly challenging.

Trigger

Like I know X-2 gets a lot of hate because "OMG IT'S SO GIRLY!!!*" but it's actually pretty fascinating to see how the events of FFX impacted the world and how people are coping. And not in a ridiculously stupid way like the 13 sequels.

X-2 being girly is like the best part. I can't fathom people who would hate that.

PK Gaming

Okay guys. Innocent Sin. Sell me.

I genuinely, deeply love Persona, so I know I just need to play this at some point and it's idiotic to keep allowing it to go on sale and still pass it up.

Convince me. Will I need to stick my nose in a GameFAQs guide to get through it?
It has all of qualities that make Persona special. The characters, the lore, the relationships are all top notch, and i'd say it's fairly unique, even by Persona standards. The story is pretty nonsensical for the most part, but the last 30% or so is fairly intriguing. Unfortunately, the mediocre gameplay can be a deal breaker, but if you play the game in parts (maybe 1 dungeon per day/2 days) i'm sure you can make it through it. The package experience is good, its just a damn shame its brought down by antiquated gameplay.
Someone link that spoiler-free guide plz.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/611279-shin-megami-tensei-persona-2-innocent-sin/faqs/63171
Follow this guide like your life depends on it.

Levito

Banned
X-2 being girly is like the best part. I can't fathom people who would hate that.

Cuz only game that good is game with distant anti-heros males that kill 100 times more people in 1 hour than Jason Voorhees did across 12 movies.

Videogame ART™

Levito

Banned
And though, I know, the world of Real Emotion
Has surrounded me
I won't give into it
Now I know, that forward
It is the only way my heart can go
I hear your voice calling out to me:
"You'll never be alone"

-Bruce Dickinson

Gazoinks

I'm glad we have a segment of PersonaGAF who appreciates X-2. You guys are the true bros.

...the only FF games I've finished are X and X-2.

Caladrius

I tried to start 6 but the opening made me feel eh. I want to give it another go one of these days.
As soon as I finish my 18th playthrough of Paper Mario, now with a danger Mario set up.

Sophia

iOS something.

Makoto Yuki in Arena.

CONSIDER IT CALLED.

Duuude, I already called two of those ages ago: Persona 5 and Persona 3 iOS. :p

Also, wow, this topic sure moved fast.

I'm glad we have a segment of PersonaGAF who appreciates X-2. You guys are the true bros.

...the only FF games I've finished are X and X-2.

You should fix this. Especially if you have a Vita and can play FFIV. :S

Inorigo, when you are about to begin this, I shall give you tips and shit to make it as painless as possible for you. BTW PLAY P1...or not!

Squire

Banned

Absolutely agreed. I've told this to people before. X-2 is a much more interesting sequel than it's given credit for. A lot of it is about coping with newfound mundanity in life.

Edit: OMG I love this page of the thread.

Seriously, you're doing it wrong if you don't know how to appreciate the Magical Girl-esque quality to X-2. It's fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom