• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meia

I tend to answer in ways that I'd actually answer. The only time I didn't do this was when doing an action would result in a romantic relationship(hullo weird "Comfort Rise and become her boyfriend or stand there and act like a douche" moment).

Then again, I'm the type of person that rarely says what they actually think and tell people what they want to hear, so there's that. With ME, I just cannot do a Renegade route, ever.

Levito

Banned
The first Mass Effect's atrocious combat system and Mako segments kept me from ever finishing it. Everyone says "Play ME2! Play ME2!" but then I'd have to try the first one again. Maybe one day.

So will the disappointment be greater than ever if the 24th reveal isn't P5 in some form? I'm starting to think it wont be, just because I don't know why they'd announce 2 other things at the same time at P5. That's like Konami level stupid marketing.

"Running shoes."
What's this?
I tend to answer in ways that I'd actually answer. The only time I didn't do this was when doing an action would result in a romantic relationship(hullo weird "Comfort Rise and become her boyfriend or stand there and act like a douche" moment).
All the times the game gives you three choices to pick from and there's only two for that Rise part, kinda weird.
So will the disappointment be greater than ever if the 24th reveal isn't P5 in some form? I'm starting to think it wont be, just because I don't know why they'd announce 2 other things at the same time at P5. That's like Konami level stupid marketing.
I ain't holding my breath. If it weren't for folk pointing out there's no Arc logo I would have assumed it to be Ultimax related, since the p-ch link is dumped at the bottom of the Ultimax site.

Caladrius

The cities still make me wonder if it's essentially nothing.

I think you're letting doubt grip you a bit too hard. They wouldn't set up a countdown over a month in advance set to end right after a major media release for a shitty reason, on top of this being the first main-series Persona related announcement in over a year. Not even Squeenix would be that stupid.

Meia

All the times the game gives you three choices to pick from and there's only two for that Rise part, kinda weird.

Funnily enough the only times the game doesn't give you three choices I think is when the decision to be romantically linked comes up.

And the quote makes me think it'll definitely be a Persona game announcement, though which one is the question. I'm only leaning to Persona 5 since any mod that's ever commented on the situation so far has said(in a roundabout way) that it probably would have already been announced if it wasn't for the Index situation. With that resolved, especially officially this month and the website went live after the Sega thing went public, I can't think of a better time.

If it's NOT Persona 5 after hyping it for 2 months now, they're officially pants-on-head retarded.

Levito

Banned
Yeah if they tease us for 2 months and it's not P5--that would be ridiculously lame.

Almost as bad as announcing it as a 3DS game.

Never been able to quite rationalize that myself either.

Maybe places you can go to try out demos of these three games they're supposedly gonna announce :p.
Funnily enough the only times the game doesn't give you three choices I think is when the decision to be romantically linked comes up.
Oh, really? Maybe it's just to make it super clear which choice does what then, what with the warning thingy it gives you beforehand.

Caladrius

The cities listed will have special flyers distributed everywhere inside them with a QR code on them that shows a map of the city with 200 x's denoting where special decoder rings are located, in addition to a phrase that has to be solved with their help. The symbols on the decoder rings can only be seen with the help of a halogen lamp. The decoder messages translate into archaic Vietnamese phrases that have to be put into a special form on the p-ch website to receive one of 8 hexadecimal codes. There's another form right underneath it that requires all 8 codes arranged into the right order. Once you input the correct combination a special message displays.

November 24th, 2014

kewlmyc

The cities listed will have special flyers distributed everywhere inside them with a QR code on them that shows a map of the city with 200 x's denoting where special decoder rings are located, in addition to a phrase that has to be solved with their help. The symbols on the decoder rings can only be seen with the help of a halogen lamp. The decoder messages translate into archaic Vietnamese phrases that have to be put into a special form on the p-ch website to receive one of 8 hexadecimal codes. There's another form right underneath it that requires all 8 codes arranged into the right order. Once you input the correct combination a special message displays.

November 24th, 2014

Lay off the drugs bro.

Meia

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine.

FTFY. :)

Trigger

November 24th, 2014

Putting a whole new meaning to Reach Out to the Truth.

Caladrius

I also forgot to mention that you have to dig out the decoder rings.

And the date is for the P5 reveal.

I'm feeling pretty confident about PR for this game.

Soriku

November 24th, 2014

I was thinking each city would have its own flyer, but they'd be hidden in those cities...somewhere. Like Atlus would be evil and hide them on train tracks and shit, or on top of skyscrapers. You willing to risk your life for P5 bro?

Anyway, each flyer would have a code and anybody can input the code on the site. Once someone does, a small piece of a larger P5 image pops up on the site for everyone to see. People all over Japan have to work together to find the flyers. Within one month, if the all flyers are not found and all the codes are not inputted into the site, Atlus cancels P5.

Caladrius

I was thinking each city would have its own flyer, but they'd be hidden in those cities...somewhere. Like Atlus would be evil and hide them on train tracks and shit, or on top of skyscrapers. You willing to risk your life for P5 bro?

Anyway, each flyer would have a code and anybody can input the code on the site. Once someone does, a small piece of a larger P5 image pops up on the site for everyone to see. People all over Japan have to work together to find the flyers. Within one month, if the all flyers are not found and all the codes are not inputted into the site, Atlus cancels P5.

Do you work for Capcom?

Jintor

I've been paying a little doujin game (in this context it just means indie, so get your mind out of the gutter) which is just entirely social linking. It's called cherry high school comedy club, and it's kind of funny how addictive the central gameplay loop is even though there's no 'traditional' gameplay.

Also, you're all lunatics

Dantis

I've been paying a little doujin game (in this context it just means indie, so get your mind out of the gutter) which is just entirely social linking. It's called cherry high school comedy club, and it's kind of funny how addictive the central gameplay loop is even though there's no 'traditional' gameplay.

Funnily enough, I've actually heard of this game.

Levito

Banned
Imagine if Atlus was like Capcom were they'd just take a long running established series and try to appeal to the Call Of Duty audience with QTE's and shitty set pieces.

I enjoyed this game alot, it's a shame that it appears to not be well received by most.

so persona 3/4 then

Buddha, that's a ludicrous suggestion!

Imagine if Atlus was like Capcom were they'd just take a long running established series and try to appeal to the Call Of Duty audience with QTE's and shitty set pieces.

Law of Duty: Chaos Warfare
featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series
, everyone's favorite Shin Megami Tensei experience transformed as a First Person Shooter, now featuring 90% more QTE's
and will be at 1080p on one console, 720p on the rest. Rumor says that 1080p one might not run so smooth as those 720p ones.
Season pass comes with expansions based on Maken X, Devil Summoner, Majin Tensei, Demikids
(to appeal to all the young little children swearing on microphones on top of their lungs)
, and a zombies like mode that has you killing shadows in Tartarus. Each block is it's own separate map for more $$ yall

or perhaps I've said too much

Buddha, that's a ludicrous suggestion!

display.php

Andrefpvs

I took a nap this afternoon and I had the stupidest dream.

I dreamed that I was banned from GAF because I'm a huge Persona fan but I never post in the community thread. Then I went and begged Igor (yeah this makes a lot of sense) to let me back in, but the fucker kept bitchslapping me with Persona cards and laughing at me through his nose >:|

I wish I was making this up.

Anyway, I figured either I'm about to receive some sort of supernatural power, or I should post more here. So here I am. Does this thread have any unwritten rule I should know about? Any frequent in-joke? We're supposed to hate Dantis, right?

Caladrius

I wish I was making this up.

Anyway, I figured either I'm about to receive some sort of supernatural power, or I should post more here. So here I am. Does this thread have any unwritten rule I should know about? Any frequent in-joke? We're supposed to hate Dantis, right?

Welcome back!

Relax, don't post creepy things and no we're not supposed to hate Dantis. As much as we bicker we ultimately love him as the crazy uncle that he is.

Don't hate Dantis. Dantis is good people.

You're free to think whatever you want about his opinions, though ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom