• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you counter a Modest choice specs Kyurem that uses Draco Meteor?

Pff, everything counters Kyurem, especially a Choice Specs Kyurem. I would probably just have my Togekiss switch into the Draco Meteor and then ParaFlinch it to death with Thunder Wave and Air Slash.

If you haven't figured it out yet, Pokémon is pretty much the most legit RPG there is.

Nerrrrrrrrrrrds.

pot-kettle-black.jpg

;P

Caladrius

Pff, everything counters Kyurem, especially a Choice Specs Kyurem. I would probably just have my Togekiss switch into the Draco Meteor and then ParaFlinch it to death with Thunder Wave and Air Slash.

If you haven't figured it out yet, Pokémon is pretty much the most legit RPG there is.

This is assuming of course that Togie isn't switching into an Ice beam or Sun-boosted Fusion flare (after stealth rock damage for the latter). Ain't no Kyurem user worth his salt gonna spam draco meteor against a team with a fairy on it.

But the question was aimed at jello for the sake of being snobby.

Speaking of...

I wish there was a STEAK pokemon, this feels incomplete without one. Lucario is a good compromise though.

Well I guess it's my turn to take part in the time-honored tradition of posting the grim reaper with the abacus

iLdTk25.gif

I swear that I say this to myself every year, but it really doesn't feel any different being a year older than before. Maybe I'm just a poop though.

Well I guess it's my turn to take part in the time-honored tradition of posting the grim reaper with the abacus

iLdTk25.gif

I swear that I say this to myself every year, but it really doesn't feel any different being a year older than before. Maybe I'm just a poop though.

Happy birthday, Tankman! What did the birthday skeleton bring you?

PK Gaming

http://www.atlus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11335

Guess its the end of Atlus USA? Are we going to have to beg Sega USA to localize P5 now? Hopefully P5 will not become the next VC3.

image.php

No :(

iLdTk25.gif

Happy birthday!

Here's a comic about Mitsuru

EDIT: And a gif!

tumblr_inline_mvy05jIf5N1qmg7vc.gif

Metal Gear Rising is the best skeleton gift ever. I wish it had come out a month earlier so I could've played it on my birthday... :/

Ah well. I guess in the end it has to be this way, otherwise they would've shipped an incompete game.

cj_iwakura

I'm really curious as to how you made the insane leap in logic from "Forums got too much of a nightmare to manage, and all our fanbase is on Twitter/FB now anyhow." to "Atlus USA is DOOMED!!!!"

I don't know, this strikes me as kind of brushing off some of Atlus' most loyal, long-term fans in favor of the quicker Twitter/Facebook cash in. It's not like managing a web forum is a lot of work.

I don't know, this strikes me as kind of brushing off some of Atlus' most loyal, long-term fans in favor of the quicker Twitter/Facebook cash in. It's not like managing a web forum is a lot of work.

Well having threads like "Thank you Atlus for killing my interest in ya'll" and "DeSu2 Break Record - Delayed AGAIN" hog the general discussion area with thousands of views on a basically stagnant board isn't good for PR I guess.

When P5 gets announced, with "billions" of humans and bots suddenly swarming the forums, newcomers are going to go WTF are these threads is Atlus really another Capcom or EA.

Sophia

Considering the general quality of the threads there combined with the exceptionally low quantity of posts, I think it won't be missed. There are only 21 pages going back across five years for the general discussion forum, and if it's costing them money to operate (which it certainly is as they're using vBulletin), then it makes sense to close them.

Perhaps, if the forums are that important, some fans should consider migrating them to an unofficial fan site?

sasliquid

iLdTk25.gif

Happy birthday to youuuuu. (that seems to be the only thing I post anymore)

Marche90

How the f*ck is it that I've managed to stay awake until 5 am? Oh, man... absolutely falling asleep here. Well, nevermind that...

iLdTk25.gif

A proud tradition that we'll carry with honor. Happy birthday, tanker!

Omikaru

Happy birthday Tankerman! :)

And jeez, people getting all crinkled over a forum. vBulletin is an ass to manage, especially if you're not reaping much rewards. My MGS fansite back in the day was bigger than Atlus' official forum.

In fact, official discussion boards are always horribly barren. I think social media like Twitter and Facebook is probably the best place to officially reach the community, while the enthusiasts and fansites can operate the discussion forums unofficially. If Atlus wants to reach those audiences and keep in touch with them explicitly, it's far cheaper to have someone from the company operate as an official rep on said fan forum, rather than have the company underwrite the cost of hosting, licensing and managing their own, which will not be as good, flexible or, quite frankly, free as a fan forum due to strange company policy, and the like.

In short, if the members of the Atlus USA forums enjoy their community and want it to continue and grow a bit, they should probably consider making an Atlus fansite, and politely asking someone from PR to pop in and stay in touch every now and then.

Thanks for all the birthday stuff guys, you're all awesome people

Also, lololol gamefaqs. Sometimes I feel bad that I ever even posted there years ago

Caladrius

iLdTk25.gif

Happy Birthday!

Stop worrying about the birthday skeleton when you get a birthday spoon!.

cj_iwakura

Considering the general quality of the threads there combined with the exceptionally low quantity of posts, I think it won't be missed. There are only 21 pages going back across five years for the general discussion forum, and if it's costing them money to operate (which it certainly is as they're using vBulletin), then it makes sense to close them.

Perhaps, if the forums are that important, some fans should consider migrating them to an unofficial fan site?

There was another variation of the Atlus MB before that, if memory serves. Everyone had custom titles based on how long you posted there, with assorted Atlus games. One of them was 'Tater' something or other.

So yeah, it recently became kind of a wasteland, but for a while(namely in the DDS/SMT revival era), it was a pretty cool hangout.

cj_iwakura

After seeing all the drama Yosuke's homophobia tends to stir up, I was thinking it's kind of funny that Persona 2 makes no big deal out of a character's sexuality. They just accept it and move on.

Kazzy

Happy Birthday, you special man/girl/person!
Delete as appropriate.

You're always greeting me, even if I do treat the IRC like the fickle whore that I am!

I wish you well. Now go and eat cake.

Pokemon is way more fucking legit than Persona.

What does that even mean!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom