• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caladrius

Damn you
grQwy6T.png

If ATLUS so much as farted it would be on the front page of gaming side.

C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKERRRRRRRR!

Are there any mostly-complete translations out there?

Yeah. I'll post a link in a moment when I go on my computer.

So what you're saying is not localizing is is a suplex of lameness.

Yup. I would say it was the greatest of the portable ports on psp in terms of balancing. I have a feeling it came down to either localizing Eternal Punishment, a game we already got a decently good version of, or Soul Hackers, an even more niche game hardcore fans have been asking to get for ages.

cj_iwakura

Epp's extra content, unlike Isp's, is actually canon and it has interesting revelations to the canon of the lore and shit and cool extra bosses.

It tells what happens between EP and IS in short.

But don't hate on IS' content. It takes place at Karuhazaka HS from SMT If!

And yeah,if you had asked me to choose between EP P or Soul Hackers, I would have chosen SH in a heartbeat. The one we never got should take priority.

I was thinking whether the MC of P5 should be silent or not. Silent MC's in RPG's have pretty much disappeared now because they are kinda outdated.

Silent MC's are a bit a of a subtle way to try and get the player to insert themselves into the role. Considering the choices in Persona rarely branch out too far already, it wouldn't be difficult or much of a stretch to include MC VA, but I doubt they'd spent the money on it when they could pay a VA to do another social link or something- at least I'd hope so.

Acid08

Banned
I was thinking whether the MC of P5 should be silent or not. Silent MC's in RPG's have pretty much disappeared now because they are kinda outdated.
It always leads to a weird disconnect I have with the Persona games, by the end of the games everyone is infatuated with the MC even though you MAYBE say two things during long conversation sequences and S.Links. It's like the strong, silent type taken to the extreme :lol

Still, it's a really minor thing that's easy to get over. At this point having a full voiced MC might seem a bit out of place. I like having the decisions I'm making reflect how I personally feel about the situation. Having an MC that has obviously stated character traits would take some of that away. I would feel like I'm making decisions based on what their character would do instead of the character I'm creating. A little VA wouldn't hurt though.

Balancing? Like the gameplay?

Yea, the gameplay is overall faster than Innocent Sin Portable, and skip animation is blazing fast, like instant, unlike the few seconds per action it takes still in ISP. Also EPP can actually be kind of hard, unlike the complete cake walk ISP is!

It tells what happens between EP and IS in short.

But don't hate on IS' content. It takes place at Karuhazaka HS from SMT If!

And yeah,if you had asked me to choose between EP P or Soul Hackers, I would have chosen SH in a heartbeat. The one we never got should take priority.

I don't hate on the IS content. I hate on the content we didn't get, namely all those free dlc quests and the dungeon creator. Glad we got Soul Hackers though, I have been waiting ages for that one!

Anyway, here is a link to every piece of dialog in that additional content for Eternal Punishment Portable. It is kind of confusing to just read in text but yep, also spoilers abounds obviously. By the way, this comes from 4chan, so if there is any stupid crap in here, its to be expected:

Episode 1: http://pastebin.com/ZwgvSg4m
Episode 2: http://pastebin.com/Mcimw1pM
Episode 3: http://pastebin.com/Da5uj7Mk
some pictures of the scenario with translations over the text: http://www.mediafire.com/?ok1bj972jj6ojt6

Some music that was only found in the new stuff (mostly):

Additonal Content Battle (Because I cant find this one anywhere on Youtube due to Russian Copyrightgate)
Additional Content Boss
Deadline (Remix of the Persona 1 PS1 Boss Song)
Ex-Final Battle (Not new scenario exclusive, but it shows up here in a prominent battle, and only shows up otherwise in a bonus battle.)

Additional EP Listening:

Maya Amano: The Ultimate in Positive Thinking Arena
Normal Battle Remix just for the special cd (why just for that)
The Relaxing, Classy Battle Result Track
The Hopeful and Calm Title Song
Last but not least, the new intro to Persona 2 Eternal Punishment Portable

Gazoinks

I'm in favor of a silent protag for this sort of game, since it really is meant to sort of be a self-insert, having a Mass Effect-style voiced protag would feel really different. Hooowever, it'd be cool if they took a page from classic wRPGs (Fallout, etc.) and gave dialog options that weren't just generic responses, but each kinda represented different personalities.

Dantis

Never heard Additional Boss Battle before. It's excellent.

As an aside, pretty sure Konishi is too metal for modern Persona. His stuff is miles heavier than Meguro.

cj_iwakura

That Maya remix is pretty great.

And silent protagonists are fine when they have personality(hi Maya, Devil Survivor 2 protagonist), but an active one can also have a choice, and his voice acting can change to reflect it.

In Growlanser 2, Wein can even turn evil, but his voice acting sells whatever the player opts to do with him.

Dantis

That Maya remix is pretty great.

And silent protagonists are fine when they have personality(hi Maya, Devil Survivor 2 protagonist), but an active one can also have a choice, and his voice acting can change to reflect it.

In Growlanser 2, Wein can even turn evil, but his voice acting sells whatever the player opts to do with him.

It is, and once again shows that Kitajoh is at his best when he's remixing other people's music.

Still, it's a really minor thing that's easy to get over. At this point having a full voiced MC might seem a bit out of place. I like having the decisions I'm making reflect how I personally feel about the situation. Having an MC that has obviously stated character traits would take some of that away. I would feel like I'm making decisions based on what their character would do instead of the character I'm creating. A little VA wouldn't hurt though.

It's not like there are some profound moral choices in Persona games where one choice means you're acting like a totally different person. It can work if Atlus works at it.

Never heard Additional Boss Battle before. It's excellent.

As an aside, pretty sure Konishi is too metal for modern Persona. His stuff is miles heavier than Meguro.

Those songs totally fit a character like Tatsuya. They dont fit Makoto, Female Protagonist, or Yu Narukami. Anything fits Pierced Boy because he literally has no character.

BTW, for those reading the Extra Content Translation, if you are confused about who that is near the end of the thing, well, spoilers.

Squire

Banned
When do you plan on finishing EP?

I think doing so by the 24th would be appropriate.

That's when I hope to have IS done.

Also, there's nothing subtle about Silent MC. You're always meant to insert yourself into them. Still waiting on that debut album though.

That's when I hope to have IS done.

Also, there's nothing subtle about Silent MC. You're always meant to insert yourself into them. Still waiting on that debut album though.

I never insert myself into the Persona MC's. The SMT MC's on the other hand, yea sometimes I do. Well, mainly the Strange Journey and IV Mc's because I played SJ as myself, and I played Flynn as blood related to the SJ MC.

I never insert myself into the Persona MC's. The SMT MC's on the other hand, yea sometimes I do. Well, mainly the Strange Journey and IV Mc's because I played SJ as myself, and I played Flynn as blood related to the SJ MC.

I've not once felt like I've 'inserted' myself into the role of the MC, just never felt right.

kewlmyc

An option would be nice. Like the MC has a canon name and talks, but you have the option at the beginning to pick your name and have the MC be silent.

Jigolo

Fairly new to the series so maybe theres a trick to this. But is it even possible to beat the super powerful dude that comes out of chests??

I first encountered it when I was around level 15 in the Castle dungeon. So I went back at my current level 57, and thought it would be a piece of cake.....

I was killed in 1 move.

Fairly new to the series so maybe theres a trick to this. But is it even possible to beat the super powerful dude that comes out of chests??

I first encountered it when I was around level 15 in the Castle dungeon. So I went back at my current level 57, and thought it would be a piece of cake.....

I was killed in 1 move.

The Reaper is a level 85 enemy, so you probably wont be killing him until near the end of the game. Each time you kill him, he drops one of a character's ultimate weapon, after that, he drops the best armor in the game, Godly Robe. Also, on extremely rare occasion, he drops an Omnipotent Orb, an accessory that nullifies every single attack against you except Megido/Megidola/Megidolaon class type. (Almighty)

Jigolo

The Reaper is a level 85 enemy, so you probably wont be killing him until near the end of the game. Each time you kill him, he drops one of a characters ultimate weapon, after that, he drops the best armor in the game, Godly Robe. Also, on extremely rare occasion, he drops an Omnipotent Orb, an accessory that nullifies every single attack against you except Megido/Megidola/Megidolaon class type. (Almighty)

whoa thanks for the details. Yeah that motherfucker is hardcore. Rise is all like "no! you shouldn't have opened it!"

I'm all like "fuck you Rise, I can kick his ass". He proceeds to charge up and boom, next turn my whole party dies. lol

Also how the hell do I get a fishing pole? It's already almost November and I still haven't found out how to get one

whoa thanks for the details. Yeah that motherfucker is hardcore. Rise is all like "no! you shouldn't have opened it!"

I'm all like "fuck you Rise, I can kick his ass". He proceeds to charge up and boom, next turn my whole party dies. lol

Also how the hell do I get a fishing pole? It's already almost November and I still haven't found out how to get one

It is a sidequest somewhere in town, can't really remember all that well right now. If you think The Reaper is bad here, in Persona 3, he is level 99, and if you stay too long on one dungeon floor, he appears and chases you around the dungeon until you go to the next floor.

From gamefaqs

First off you need the fishing hook from the jewel trade shop at night, like the guy before me said but, you need to feed her fish with a bug (the conversation should automatically happen if you have a bug in your inventory). When you get that, talk to the old man at the floodplain and he should give you the fishing rod

Sophia

The changes to the Reaper in Persona 4 Golden are truly the best changes to come out of the game.

Squire

Banned
P5 MC's album to be executive produced by Philemon featuring guest appearances by Chuck Tuna, The Prince of Junes, and Risette and a Nyarlathotep diss track. Keep the streets hype and the shadows runnin', ya dig? RIP in peace Igor poor one out for a fallen homie.

kewlmyc

The changes to the Reaper in Persona 4 Golden are truly the best changes to come out of the game.

There were changes to the reaper other than how he spawns? I never got a chance to meet him since he would spawn where there were no more boxes on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom