• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello PersonaGAF!

It's been so much fun reading through hundreds of pages of speculation, waifus, and trying to get Dantis to watch anime, and now that my registration finally got accepted I can join in the madness calm anticipation of November 24th.

I was introduced to Persona last year through P3FES, and since then I've been completely hooked. I've now played P4G, P4A, and I just finished up with the SEBEC route of P1PSP. I have IS and EP on my Vita, but I've been hesitant to play them because I still hold out hope that we'll get the PSP version of EP at... some point. :(

Anyways, I'm in love with Persona, and I'm so happy to finally join this insane reasonable awesome community!

Dantis

Good time to play some FFT or Tactics Ogre: Ravness Edition as you wait for the 24th.

Then they reveal the Persona 5 pachinko game and I weep quietly in a corner.

Hello PersonaGAF!

It's been so much fun reading through hundreds of pages of speculation, waifus, and trying to get Dantis to watch anime, and now that my registration finally got accepted I can join in the madness calm anticipation of November 24th.

I was introduced to Persona last year through P3FES, and since then I've been completely hooked. I've now played P4G, P4A, and I just finished up with the SEBEC route of P1PSP. I have IS and EP on my Vita, but I've been hesitant to play them because I still hold out hope that we'll get the PSP version of EP at... some point. :(

Anyways, I'm in love with Persona, and I'm so happy to finally join this insane reasonable awesome community!
WELCOME!

It amazes me how many people make their first post here.

cjkeats

Hello PersonaGAF!

You forgot the most important part!

Which is your waifu?

Levito

Banned
Welcome TrueSelf!

Step 1: Recommend Dantis an anime

Step 2: Endlessly speculate about P5

Step 3: Partake in P2 vs P3/4 debates

step 4: Repeat aforementioned steps ad nauseum

cj_iwakura

Welcome TrueSelf!

Step 5: Praise Ayase as the only redeeming quality of P1.

uyGucyP.png

Gazoinks

Welcome TrueSelf!

You forgot Step 5: Post disturbing fanart.

Hello PersonaGAF!

Anyways welcome! I remember when I was a snot-nosed brat making my first post here. :p
Yes I know I'm still a junior shut up

Sophia

Hello TrueSelf. Welcome to our uh... lovely sub-community. :p

You missed the "Abuse Dantis for refusing to watch anime" part.
Step 69: Defend Persona 1 from all the haters
Step 5: Praise Ayase as the only redeeming quality of P1.

Not valid steps in the PersonaGAF cycle, although arguing with Dantis should probably be its own step.

Very much a valid step, providing you don't post anything against the rules.

Squire

Banned
Literally waifu wars.

10/10

Confession time: I've never played a TBS outside of Fire Emblem. (If 4x games don't qualify at least.)

I assume TBS means Tactical Battle Simulstion. Tactics Ogre is required playing, as stated.

Hello PersonaGAF!

Welcome to our madness! We have so many lurkers. We've clearly made a name for ourselves. ~_*

Soriku

Hello PersonaGAF!

tumblr_mqo9nhXPrj1r9fp8lo2_400.gif

Literally waifu wars.
I swear I've been saying the same thing lol
Hello PersonaGAF!

Welcome to the group!

quick someone post the You're Here Forever pic
WELCOME!

I love how I made my first post in the first thread of this and I didn't even say "hi", I just kinda chimed in on something lol
That's a random number to go for that step when 5 seems to be the highest used one

used twice even >_>

personagaf pls, learn to make a list right

kewlmyc

Hello PersonaGAF!

Welcome to the Madhouse.

Welcome to the group!

quick someone post the You're Here Forever pic

N6xCG4s.png

Caladrius

Hello PersonaGAF!

Welcome homeslice!
They're not going to release EPp stateside though.:<

Then they reveal the Persona 5 pachinko game and I weep quietly in a corner.

I'll be laughing that I actually won a hopeless avatar bet.

We are one of the most hyperactive community threads after all.

Welcome TrueSelf!

Anyways welcome! I remember when I was a snot-nosed brat making my first post here. :p
Yes I know I'm still a junior shut up

Sonny, when I was yourrrr ageeee....
Okay I joined in June so what

Also:

Step 6 Repudiate someone for posting disturbing fanart
Step 7: Post some yourself anyway
Step 8: Make suicidal avatar bet
While threatening to use said fanart.
Step 9:Speculate about P-ch being anything aside from Persona 5
Step 10: Threaten world domination

Hello TrueSelf. Welcome to our horrifying deathtrap.

I will try some of the TBS's suggested.Thanks.

cjkeats

So Dantis when can we play DOA next since that's like one of the few fighters we both like lol

also when Ultimax comes out, you gonna rent it for the story or just not even gonna bother with it?

"Nope. Not buying it, it'll be trash"

*buys it later anyways*

"It got Soejima art in it and it was on sale!"

You forgot the most important part!

Which is your waifu?

Well my overall favorite Persona character is Yukari, but for P4 it's definitely Chie. And just to cover all the bases, P1 is Elly. Since I haven't played P2, I'll just pick randomly and say
Reiho, the Jack Frost dressed as Raidou Kuzunoha

Welcome TrueSelf!

Quick, lightning round!

1. I've always enjoyed Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.

2. P5 is a partnership between ATLUS and Bethesda; explore the entry country of Japan as a huge, sprawling open world! Find it impossible to create attractive looking character models, and listen as every SLink is voiced by the same two people!

3. Haven't played P2 yet, so P3/4 win by default?

4. I better get speculatin' and debatin'...

Oh, this one is easy. Persona 1 is a great game that everyone should play. It definitely shows its age, but I dig the new soundtrack, and the story is pretty fun too. Just be careful patient with the SEBEC final boss...

Dantis

So Dantis when can we play DOA next since that's like one of the few fighters we both like lol

also when Ultimax comes out, you gonna rent it for the story or just not even gonna bother with it?

Well I'll probably buy the soundtrack. Interest in the actual game is currently less than zero though.

And whenever, CT. I'M ALWAYS UP FOR SOME DOA.

"Nope. Not buying it, it'll be trash"

*buys it later anyways*

"It got Soejima art in it and it was on sale!"

This is valid. When it drop to like £10 I'll probably buy it and not play it. Like the first one.

1. I've always enjoyed Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.

Fun fact: A few years ago (Before I met you fine fellows), I was at a friend's and looking through what was available to stream on Lovefilm. I was going to watch Ghost in The Shell but for some reason ended up watching (And loving) Dollhouse instead.

Just think how different things could have been if I'd watched Ghost in The Shell back then! :O

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Well my overall favorite Persona character is Yukari, but for P4 it's definitely Chie. And just to cover all the bases, P1 is Elly. Since I haven't played P2, I'll just pick randomly and say
Reiho, the Jack Frost dressed as Raidou Kuzunoha

You and I are going to get along juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust fine. :)

Also, be sure to listen to our podcast, SLinkFM /plug

Andrefpvs

Hello PersonaGAF!

Welcome! Your story reminds me of mine so I guess I'll share as well :)

I'm a Persona fan since 2010 and reading your experiences really makes me smile. When I started P3P for the first time I couldn't put it down. I played more than 200 hours of it, both the MC and FeMC routes. Before finishing the FeMC playthrough I learned that the story continued in The Answer, so I immediately ordered both P3FES and P4 for the PS2. Then I replayed The Journey maxing all social links and watching the anime cutscenes and details I missed with the portable version, then jumped straight into The Answer, which I actually enjoyed *gasp* because I liked the battle system and the last string of final bosses were really worth it (dat Heartful Cry).

Since then I've played P4, P1 (SEBEC, I'll do the other route one of these days), P2 IS, P4 Golden and P4 Arena, and you'd guess by this point I'd feel franchise fatigue but no give me more pls!

I haven't played P2 EP because I was waiting for the PSP version and ATLUS broke my heart :(

My only option is to play the PS1 version, but Atlus hasn't published it on EU PSN yet and I only play PS1 games on my Vita (Vita is account locked and I only have one memory card).

Anyway, welcome once again, let's be friends :)

PK Gaming

Hello PersonaGAF!

Welcome! The people in this thread are really cool, I hope you have fun!

...You wanna talk about Arena?
tumblr_mrsr7hXkwM1s9abodo1_500.jpg

This comic still cracks me up

So I know it'll be at least until the 24th before there's any more Persona news, but I've been thinking about Ultimax, and I noticed something that may be important.
probably not

They haven't said much of anything about Sho Minazuki, but I think his uniform may hint at who he is. Someone mentioned that he's wearing a S.E.E.S. armband on his left arm, but the color is definitely off for that (yellow instead of red). But I kept thinking that I'd seen something like that before, and then when I was at my friend's house (he's playing FES now), I remembered:

It's hard to tell because you can't really see the characters on it, but it looks a lot like Hidetoshi's from P3.

So maybe Sho supervises Yasogami's Disciplinary Committee? I'm not sure I buy it since we don't see him at all in P4, but we also don't really see any Student Council members in that game.

Also, I really don't think it's a coincidence that he looks like Master Daidara, but I can't figure out how it would work...

Caladrius

So I know it'll be at least until the 24th before there's any more Persona news, but I've been thinking about Ultimax, and I noticed something that may be important.
probably not

They haven't said much of anything about Sho Minazuki, but I think his uniform may hint at who he is. Someone mentioned that he's wearing a S.E.E.S. armband on his left arm, but the color is definitely off for that (yellow instead of red). But I kept thinking that I'd seen something like that before, and then when I was at my friend's house (he's playing FES now), I remembered:

It's hard to tell because you can't really see the characters on it, but it looks a lot like Hidetoshi's from P3.

So maybe Sho supervises Yasogami's Disciplinary Committee? I'm not sure I buy it since we don't see him at all in P4, but we also don't really see any Student Council members in that game.

Also, I really don't think it's a coincidence that he looks like Master Daidara, but I can't figure out how it would work...

Labrys thought she was the student council prez, it's not unlikely that Sho might be brainwashed or something. If he's even human. The armband is a good catch either way.

Also take note that he has colors that make him look like Ronald Mcdonald

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom