• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meia

Have we established what everybody's waifu/husbando is and what tarot they think they are yet?

Chie and High Priestess.

Hrm, does that make me my own prince?

Also I can't help but liking Chie. In high school I was a martial artist, trained to become a cop, etc. :p

Caladrius

My name is based off of the mythological healing bird Caladrius (I actually tried to register under this name but I screwed up and couldn't use it afterwards), which would variously heal people or abandon them to die.

cj_iwakura

My name is based off of the mythological healing bird Caladrius (I actually tried to register under this name but I screwed up and couldn't use it afterwards), which would variously heal people or abandon them to die.

Caladrius is in SMTIV, too.

We probably don't want you roleplaying as Lain though, it'd just confuse everyone.

I ran a forum game based on Lain once and the narrative was from her perspective. That was fun.

Trigger

If the name isn't taken by someone else here you could always just ask a mod to fix the spelling.

Gazoinks

I used to do karate, but didn't go that far (just short of a green), mainly 'cause I didn't like the atmosphere of the place I went to. I did various sword stuff for a while (mostly fencing, with some Japanese and German on the side). I've been thinking 'bout taking up fencing again (I blame Utena), and I'd also like to check out Kendo sometime.

Capoeira is awesome and anyone who does it earns my respect.

Moonlight

Banned
5x41f79.jpg

Le56ear.jpg

Already taking a shine to the dialogue. :lol

Meia

Sweet, what did you study? I have a black belt in shotokan karate and I do a little capoeira and Muay-Thai boxing on the side, myself.

Had a purple in Tang Soo Do, blue in Aikido, and Brown in Tae Kwon Do. Then I tried doing a front fall when I should have done a front roll in Aikido and almost broke my neck. As it was pinched a nerve and blood vessel in my neck(to the tune of any time my heart-rate increased I got a nice stabbing pain in my neck) so that put a kibosh on the whole thing.

Did martial arts from 7th grade til the incident in 11th, pretty much. Neck didn't really fully heal til sometime in college, at which point all the places near me closed down, so never found a place to finish. Now that I'm self-teaching guitar and japanese, wondering if the only way to finish is to do the same with karate.

Daimaou

This came up in IRC, but I figured I'd post it here too.

This is a text dump from Persona 4 of all the optional conversations you can have with party members if you stumble across them in already cleared dungeons. There might be spoilers, so read at your own risk.
http://pastebin.com/qpWALNtJ

Sophia

The amount of secret conversations and hidden dialogue in Persona 2, Persona 3, and Persona 4 is absurd. Some of them are so hidden it's a wonder anyone found them.

PK Gaming

LOL, is that P1?

I just did the Zodiac dungeon. I didn't get the boss fight at the end of it though! Is that because the game is set to Easy?

No, it's because you
let Eikichi take care of business. This will grant him his "prime" Persona, down the line so you did good! Watch out for everyone's prime persona's btw, they're really useful when you get them!

Squire

Banned
No, it's because you
let Eikichi take care of business. This will grant him his "prime" Persona, down the line so you did good! Watch out for everyone's prime persona's btw, they're really useful when you get them!

Okay, thanks. The GFAQs guide said what dialogue choice to pick, but still listed a fight afterward, so I was confused. I'll be on the lookout though.

I'm really digging these guys. A lot.

This came up in IRC, but I figured I'd post it here too.

This is a text dump from Persona 4 of all the optional conversations you can have with party members if you stumble across them in already cleared dungeons. There might be spoilers, so read at your own risk.
http://pastebin.com/qpWALNtJ

Thanks for this, Always found it ridiculous how you had to change party members and going through the dungeon to keep getting the dialogue.

I think dantis is a pretty cool guy. eh refuses to watch anime and doesn't afraid of anything.

^^

Have we established what everybody's waifu/husbando is and what tarot they think they are yet?

My waifu is Captain Cold Chie.

and from the various quizzes that I've taken I get Emperor and Magician most often, closely followed by Heirophant.

as for my name it comes from my obsessions with aristocracy and Metalocalypse respectively

My waifu is Captain Cold Chie.

and from the various quizzes that I've taken I get Emperor and Magician most often, closely followed by Heirophant.

as for my name it comes from my obsessions with aristocracy and Metalocalypse respectively

Chie..that video is interesting.

If I had to pick one, i think I'll go for Naoto
or Kanji

What are these quizzes? Be nice to have a distraction on this bus journey...

As for usernames, Lollipop is from Lollipop Chainsaw, and Dave is my favourite boys name.

Gazoinks

How so? Haha

As for the Arcana stuff, I've taken this one a few times: http://quizfarm.com/quizzes/new/Cirrus/which-major-arcana-tarot-card-are-you/

I usually try to avoid ones with Persona in their name because they are in my experience poorly made and ask you questions that don't pertain to your personality such as: "who do u think is the killer? looolz"

"You are female"
>Strongly disagree.

I'm The Sun, so that's nice. Pretty alright company, if a bit on the mopey side (despite The Sun being one of the happiest Arcana, funnily enough): Tatsuya, Kamiki, Yumi, and Apple.

Squire

Banned
So, obviously we all saw this interview last month, but I feel like we missed a bit.

“Are you curious? You’re curious, right?” says Hashino with a laugh. “I believe that we’ll soon be able to tell you all the announcements we’ve been keeping, so please look forward to that day… if you’d allow me to simply leave it as that for now. However, I believe that we will be delivering news that will most likely please all the fans.”

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/10/25/persona-director-teases-future-developments/

I'm reading the bolded as:

-Yes, the site is for multiple announcements.
-Yes, one is P5.

Sophia

How so? Haha

As for the Arcana stuff, I've taken this one a few times: http://quizfarm.com/quizzes/new/Cirrus/which-major-arcana-tarot-card-are-you/

I usually try to avoid ones with Persona in their name because they are in my experience poorly made and ask you questions that don't pertain to your personality such as: "who do u think is the killer? looolz"

You Scored as III - The Empress

"The Empress is a maternal symbol. She is the mother figure who loves, nurtures and protects. She will protect you, she will always be there when you are in trouble. When you fall over and graze your knee, the Empress will kiss it better. Yet she is not a weak figure. Her compassion is strength. If her children are threatened she will stop at nothing to protect them. If well aspected in a Tarot spread, the Empress can symbolise security, protection and unconditional love. If badly aspected it can represent over-protectiveness, fear of risk taking and refusal to face the real world."

III - The Empress 88%
II - The High Priestess 81%
XIX: The Sun 75%

Results was no doubt biased a bit because of previous expectations but still...

I'm reading the bolded as:

-Yes, the site is for multiple announcements.
-Yes, one is P5.

That's kind of the interpretation I got too. Not so much "One of these is Persona 5" so much as "There are multiple announcements, and our fans will NOT be disappointed by them."

That's kind of the interpretation I got too. Not so much "One of these is Persona 5" so much as "There are multiple announcements, and our fans will NOT be disappointed by them."

But we all know, and Atlus knows that the fans would be disappointed if one of these announcements wasn't P5

Squire

Banned

Yeah. I was just going through the Atlus tag on Siliconera and I re-read that post for whatever reason. I knew we discussed it, but I felt like I hadn't noticed his wording there before.

How so? Haha

You Scored as VIII - Strength

Strength is not just physical strength, it also means emotional and spiritual strength. It is the Strength to do what you know is right in the face of opposition. Strength to defy conventionand authority. Stength does not have to be used directly. It can be inner strength that supports one in the face of attacks on what they hold dear. The person of Strength remains true to their beliefs. In a Tarot reading, this card can indicate overcoming of obstacles and refusal to be beaten down. If badly aspected this card can indicate loss of faith, failure of Will.

VIII - Strength 81%
II - The High Priestess 69%
IV - The Emperor 69%

I got this:

XIX: The Sun 75%
0 - The Fool 75%
I - Magician 69%

I don't like the Fool though >_>

How are you estabilishing your waifus/husbando, is there another test I've missed? :p
Seems like everybody's picking on their own.
Aigis it is then, not really much of a contest even including all other Atlus games.

Anyway I'm progressing slowly with Innocent Sin, playing bit by bit becaue I'm not really in the mood for playing games lately :/

Loving it so far though, I should be one third through...

I don't know when it was the last time I actually liked every single character of the cast!

Meia

As I remembered from the last time I took this, though the last time I had a perfect tie with this and Hermit, this time Death was closer...

You Scored as II - The High Priestess
The High Priestess is a card of intuition, instinct and hidden knowledge. She knows all your secrets, you can hide nothing from her. Yet you will never know the secrets she herself protects.If well aspected in a Tarot spread, this card can indicate the use of intuition to solve problems; trust to your instincts. If badly aspected, it can mean suppression and ignoring of such instincts - following your head at the expense of your heart.

II - The High Priestess 100%
XIII: Death 81%
III - The Empress 75%

Justice and Sun were also tied for third at 75%.

Gazoinks

Took another one that had kind of stupid questions, but I got The Tower which is actually relatively accurate, so...

ZpDckeD.jpg

Tower on the outside Sun on the inside. :p

This is the happiest card in the deck. It is full of joy and optimism, everything is right with the world. We are as innocent children playing in the fields without care. The Sun brings success, well-being and happiness in all spheres - material, emotional, spiritual -wherever our desires lay.When this card appears in a Tarot spread it indicates success, joy and happiness. Obstacles will be overcome, goals achieved.When badly aspected, it can indicate a stagnation through over-indulgence, too much of a good thing.

XIX: The Sun
81%
XIII: Death
81%
VI: The Lovers
75%

I would be happy for an announcement of any game in the Megaten series though!

Sophia

I would be happy for an announcement of any game in the Megaten series though!

Not happening, the header (as well as the tweet if you click the Twitter icon) explicitly say its for what is next in the Persona franchise.

2013年11月24日20:00、何かが、始まる… http://p-ch.jp/ #ペルソナ

20:00. November 24th, 2013. Something Begins. #Persona

The Tweet says: "24/11/2013 20:00, Something is about to begin... #Persona"
Some meta tags in the page source and the Facebook message say: "Something is about to happen"

Curious stuff...

This is a card symbolising couples, relationships and strong bonds. The love does not have to be physical, nor even called by that name. This card indicates the trust and openness of such a relationship. The two Lovers have no secrets from each other. In a Tarot reading this card can indicate the forging of a new relationship, the strengthening of an existing one or simply the two Lovers working together to overcome problems. This Card Reversed can represnt the loss of trust, possibly leading to the breakdown of the relationship, decption, pain.

81%
81%
II - The High Priestess
69%

Tied between lovers and death.

This is a card symbolising couples, relationships and strong bonds. The love does not have to be physical, nor even called by that name. This card indicates the trust and openness of such a relationship. The two Lovers have no secrets from each other. In a Tarot reading this card can indicate the forging of a new relationship, the strengthening of an existing one or simply the two Lovers working together to overcome problems. This Card Reversed can represnt the loss of trust, possibly leading to the breakdown of the relationship, decption, pain.

81%
81%
II - The High Priestess
69%

Tied between lovers and death.

You're a romantic story waiting to happen.

Just finished P4 Vanilla the other day, what a ride, it took me a long time which was surprising, it's funny how I didn't like some of the characters at first but they grew on me, I think Teddie was my fav character. Bring on Persona 5! Maybe I should play persona 3 next

Just finished P4 Vanilla the other day, what a ride, it took me a long time which was surprising, it's funny how I didn't like some of the characters at first but they grew on me, I think Teddie was my fav character. Bring on Persona 5! Maybe I should play persona 3 next

What characters were they?

In P4 Vanilla, I hated Teddie at the start, but liked Yosuke, but by the end I couldn't stand Yosuke and ended up really liking Teddie.
It was his voice that annoyed me at the beginning of the game

With P4G I came round on Rise, and ended up liking her a lot more than I originally did.

Meia

Ya know, as I'm playing through AA5(in case 4 now), I both love the changes, and hate some of them too. LOVE what happens at the end of the case as you put stuff together in your head(very cool concept), but I'm very confused about them actually taking out gameplay from the previous ones. I wasn't necessarily a fan of going between setpieces trying to figure out what to do next, but I'm not a fan of just going from one to the next suddenly either.

Of course there's less screens to explore, which is also a problem, but even talking to people in the investigation segments is more simple. Like, in case 4 of don't know how many, but the amount of times I've shown someone something to get that next bit of info is drastically lower in this game compared to the other. Guessing part of the problem is also Athena's ability, which only apparently works during a trial situation. The trial parts are fine, but they really neutered the Investigation half...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom