• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meia

Speaking of AA, one day I'll figure out all the AA4/AAI1 hate.

AA4 is easy as someone who played all the games in like a 4 month span. Imagine you've finished AA3.
You've concluded a massive case that's tied into a meta story spanning all 3 games. You did the conclusion on your own without any help from Maya or anyone, proving yourself to be one of the best lawyers ever.
So how does AA4 start? The complete OPPOSITE of that since it takes place a number of years later and leaving a lot of unanswered questions.
We have an ALL new cast, so, um, what the hell happened to everyone else? Where's Maya/Pearl? Where's Gumshoe or Edgeworth? Wright has helped all of them in the past when they were in a bind, so Phoenix gets in one and tell him to piss off or something?

I liked AA4, even if it's new mechanic was boring. As a self contained game, it was fine, but
it failed on a massive level on feeling anything like part of a series. Removing fan favorite characters can be fine, as long as you know why. Never finding out was definitely a source of irritation for me personally, especially after the note AA3 ends on. Hell, Phoenix almost kills himself day one of the last case trying to get to Maya, and her presence isn't felt at ALL in the next game?
That's kind of a massive failing, to be frank.

Daimaou

If Atlus forums are closing... will we really not see Persona 5 in the West?

cKi4Irv.jpg

Lemstar

Heads up - next numbered Persona will be revealed via Famitsu in the upcoming week ~~

http://www.atlus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11335

Guess its the end of Atlus USA? Are we going to have to beg Sega USA to localize P5 now? Hopefully P5 will not become the next VC3.

Apparently, things aren't looking too good for Atlus USA - according to this thread: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/67771931

Sophia

If you are truly an android, then your thinking, logic-identifying, and composure systems are faulty and need of repair or replacement.

If you are not an android, your name is a lie. Also you should stop jumping to silly conclusions with no evidence to support it.

It's just a sentient AI beginning to gain awareness, that's all.

This is not how awareness is usually achieved.

Soriku

What do the forums closing have to do with Atlus USA shutting down? lmao. Not to mention, even just a little reading comprehension can help:

we have a lot of games coming out in the coming months/years

Venfayth

You Scored as II - The High Priestess
The High Priestess is a card of intuition, instinct and hidden knowledge. She knows all your secrets, you can hide nothing from her. Yet you will never know the secrets she herself protects.If well aspected in a Tarot spread, this card can indicate the use of intuition to solve problems; trust to your instincts. If badly aspected, it can mean suppression and ignoring of such instincts - following your head at the expense of your heart.

II - The High Priestess
94%
IV - The Emperor
88%
XVI: The Tower
75%

Priestess again ;_;

Dantis

Does anyone know if the Naoto spin-off novel has been translated into English?

I've a had a wee look myself, but can''t find much.

Yes it has, mostly.

I have the link, but I'm not sure if I can post it here. I've only leafed through it, but it seems to be complete garbage. It's basically "What kind of compromising situations can we get Naoto into?".

Yes it has, mostly.

I have the link, but I'm not sure if I can post it here. I've only leafed through it, but it seems to be complete garbage. It's basically "What kind of compromising situations can we get Naoto into?".

Sounds good to me!

You can PM me the link if you're unsure, that should be alright,

Or you can leave a cryptic message, making me work to get the answers I seek!

Meia

Sounds good to me!

You can PM me the link if you're unsure, that should be alright,

Or you can leave a cryptic message, making me work to get the answers I seek!

REACH OUT TO THE TRUTH!

And nothing wrong with the High Priestess. They make the best members of any team. ^_^

You Scored as VI: The Lovers
This is a card symbolising couples, relationships and strong bonds. The love does not have to be physical, nor even called by that name. This card indicates the trust and openness of such a relationship. The two Lovers have no secrets from each other. In a Tarot reading this card can indicate the forging of a new relationship, the strengthening of an existing one or simply the two Lovers working together to overcome problems. This Card Reversed can represnt the loss of trust, possibly leading to the breakdown of the relationship, decption, pain.

VI: The Lovers
88%
XIX: The Sun
69%
XIII: Death
69%

Just like Yukari! Coincidence, I think not.
(yes totally)

PK Gaming

I've taken this test twice before, and both occasions I've gotten the Fool...

You Scored as 0 - The Fool

The Fool is the most complex and most contradictory of all the Tarot cards. "I am not a number, I am a free man". The Fool represents naivety and childlike innocence - yet the Fool is wise. He carries only what possessions he really needs He journeys through life, tasting everything it has to offer then letting it go and moving on. The Fool is a risk taker, often shown with one foot over a cliff showing us every new beginning has a risk. Whether the Fool represents opportunity or danger one thing is clear: this world needs more fools.

0 - The Fool
81%
IV - The Emperor
69%
69%
I - Magician
63%
XIX: The Sun
63%

I guess I really am a Fool. Better start ranking up those social links

:lol

You Scored as XIII: Death

Death is probably the most well known Tarot card - and also the most misunderstood. Most Tarot novices would consider Death to be a bad card, especially given its connection with the number thirteen. In fact this card rarely indicates literal death.Without "death" there can be no change, only eventual stagnation. The "death" of the child allows for the "birth" of the adult. This change is not always easy. The appearance of Death in a Tarot reading can indicate pain and short term loss, however it also represents hope for a new future.

75%
XVI: The Tower
69%
XI: Justice
69%
II - The High Priestess
63%
VI: The Lovers
63%

Yup.

cjkeats

There's a P3 movie illustration in the most recent newtype by Shinpei Kobayashi. It's quite nice, I don't know about posting scans or whatnot so I'll just say it's out there if you wanna see it.

EMT0

Banned
You Scored as 0 - The Fool

The Fool is the most complex and most contradictory of all the Tarot cards. "I am not a number, I am a free man". The Fool represents naivety and childlike innocence - yet the Fool is wise. He carries only what possessions he really needs He journeys through life, tasting everything it has to offer then letting it go and moving on. The Fool is a risk taker, often shown with one foot over a cliff showing us every new beginning has a risk. Whether the Fool represents opportunity or danger one thing is clear: this world needs more fools.

XV: The Devil
63%
IV - The Emperor
63%
0 - The Fool
63%
VIII - Strength
63%

I valued my freedom more than I am bitter, like authority, or enjoy power. That's....interesting.

Dantis

There's a manga too? This is getting better and better. Is it Naoto specific?

Yup. The drawing is shite and the comic is maximum lewd.

I haven't seen the whole thing, I just came across a few pages on Tumblr. It was enough for me to go "Huh. Surprising.".

There's a P3 movie illustration in the most recent newtype by Shinpei Kobayashi. It's quite nice, I don't know about posting scans or whatnot so I'll just say it's out there if you wanna see it.

Who is it a picture of? Just Makoto again?

Yup. The drawing is shite and the comic is maximum lewd.

I haven't seen the whole thing, I just came across a few pages on Tumblr. It was enough for me to go "Huh. Surprising.".?

The drawing itself isn't bad, just the way they choose to depict the characters. It's character assassination of the highest order.

I guess I'll read it too. I've been in a real Naoto mood lately. Novel first though!

Dantis

That's a badass costume for her though . It's a reference to one of the Kuzunohas, right?

Soejima designed the costume (Looked a lot better in his art too, unsurprisingly) so that's why it's not terrible.

Naoto_concept_artwork_in_PXDN.jpg

It's very similar to the protagonist from the first Devil Summoner game.

I love it! I would like to see more long hair Naoto. Might have to scavage pixiv later.

Mhmm. I think she looks great with long hair.

I suppose it's all subjective, but... it's definitely not my idea of good art.

Sogabe's stuff in the light novel is much, much better drawn.

The manga stuff doesn't look that great, but didn't Soejima do some artwork for the novel? I thought about checking it out a while back, but people kept saying the story was terrible so I never did. If they really did butcher Naoto's character, no need to witness that.

Edit: Yep, there it is, Dantis. I had a feeling he was responsible for her character design.

The manga stuff doesn't look that great, but didn't Soejima do some artwork for the novel? I thought about checking it out a while back, but people kept saying the story was terrible so I never did. If they really did butcher Naoto's character, no need to witness that..

I read a bit during lunch, here's my favourite part so far. [well the part I remember =P]

Rise to Naoto:

"And also. Is it just my imagination or have your breasts become quite magnificent compared to three years ago"

I'm loving it. It's terrible, but in a way that you can't stop reading!

Meia

Sogabe's stuff in the light novel is much, much better drawn.

....yeah, that has absolutely no resemblance to Naoto whatsoever.

So what I'm gathering from this is they decided to create a new character, but stuck the name Naoto on her just to sell more copies?

Going back to the test, I find it more surprising to see how low some of the %s are for some of the results. I'm also curious to see if you took the test every year or so let's say, how the results would change. I know Death wasn't anywhere a part of my results a year ago, but a LOT has changed over this year(for the better), so suddenly there it is on the chart.

I read a bit during lunch, here's my favourite part so far. [well the part I remember =P]

Rise to Naoto:

"And also. Is it just my imagination or have your breasts become quite magnificent compared to three years ago"

I'm loving it. It's terrible, but in a way that you can't stop reading!

ಠ_ಠ

Though to be fair in P4 there were at least a couple of scenes I can remember relating to Naoto's breasts. So maybe they thought of it as a callback...?

You're right though, it's so terrible I kind of want to see how bad it gets.

Caladrius

Not so fast Scrafty!
tumblr_moqg6dbYgG1ruyj56o3_250.gif

Why is Naoto dry-humping a transformer?

Also

"Despite its fearsome appearance, The Devil is a card of weakness. It is one of the few cards in the Tarot deck that almost always has negative connotations when it occurs in a reading. When the Devil appears in a Tarot spread it can represent lack of achievement through negative thoughts. It suggests character flaws such as greed, bitterness and authoritarianism. All these things can ultimately destroy a person. The rest of the Tarot spread will determine whether or not the querent will overcome their problems or continue blindly on."

The other three were the fool, justice and death, in that order, which is fairly consistent with my nature as a person with strong convictions that's gripped by pessimism, uncertainty and a lack of direction, but still capable of changing his course.

I feel kind of bad for the regulars of the Atlus USA forums since the forums will be closing merely days before the big announcement from the teaser site.

Lunar15

I feel kind of bad for the regulars of the Atlus USA forums since the forums will be closing merely days before the big announcement from the teaser site.

But that's probably why they closed it: They knew that traffic would spike, and while they could manage it while it had been quiet, managing it when it's at peak capacity would be too intense.

The good news is that this means it's far more likely that the 24th announcement is P5.

But that's probably why they closed it: They knew that traffic would spike, and while they could manage it while it had been quiet, managing it when it's at peak capacity would be too intense.

The good news is that this means it's far more likely that the 24th announcement is P5.

Didn't think of it that way. Good point! I admit I've been skeptical with this announcement and figured it was something mobile/pachinko/etc. but now suddenly I have an inkling of hope it'll be something I can actually play. Still don't want to get my hopes up too high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom