• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Althane

You don't know what kind of hoops I had to pull just to get a non-free e-mail account so I could even register for this site. As it was it took 2-3 years of lurking before I stopped being lazy and tried. :p

I had to use a school e-mail address. That's now been deleted. So if I lose this account or forget the password, I got nada. =\

It's pretty nuts how exclusive NeoGAF is sometimes.

Persona MOBA

I would play that

You don't know what kind of hoops I had to pull just to get a non-free e-mail account so I could even register for this site. As it was it took 2-3 years of lurking before I stopped being lazy and tried. :p

Same here

haha anyway, for some reason it never occurred to me to take the quiz again, here are the results though:

You Scored as I - Magician
The Magician, represents those aspects of the personality traditionally considered "masculine". He is in control. He knows how things work. He takes action and makes things happen. One that operates through the power of Will rather than brute force. The Magician represents the application of knowledge. The Magician creates his desired reality. When this card appears in a Tarot spread it indicates the attainment of goals through the application of knowledge and Will. If badly aspected in a spread, this card can represent abuse of power. It can indicate manipulation of others, trickery and deception.

1. I- Magician: 81%
2. XIX- The Sun: 75%
3. XI- The Justice: 69%

Meia

I had to use a school e-mail address. That's now been deleted. So if I lose this account or forget the password, I got nada. =\

Well, it's a good thing too. Lord knows the first three months of junior status I practically triple checked anything I posted. Now I only double check. :p

I look forward to being part of the craziness that is a Persona release finally on the site. Now, with Atlus forums closing down, it's probably even odds whether or not it's persona 5. It could be that they didn't want the increased traffic of joy, but they also might not have wanted the increased traffic of rage if it's not something that "Atlus fans would be happy about".

...Still think it's Persona 5 though, and am hopeful for Persona 3 Velvet. :)

BizzyBum

I finally beat P4G. Final time clocked in at about 120 hours, and that's one playthrough not doing/seeing everything which is kinda nuts.

It was my first Persona game and I loved it so I downloaded Persona 3 FES on PSN and going through that. Doesn't seem nearly as good as P4 so far, though. I have Persona 4 Arena lined up for when I finish FES.

Can't you just change your e-mail in your profile now? Pretty sure something was said to that effect during the whole password reset thing.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=699202 In the OP
"If you need to change the email address because your old one don't longer works, just issue a email change from your control panel."

Trigger

lol, I didn't get to join until I started college and got a university email. It felt like forever waiting too.

EDIT- And now that I think about it, I only found and eventually joined GAF because of Persona 3.

todd360

Listening to episode 18 of S.Link FM right now. So good. Waifu wars lol. I remember playing the demo of that game and wasn't sure if I liked it or not.

Althane

Can't you just change your e-mail in your profile now? Pretty sure something was said to that effect during the whole password reset thing.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=699202 In the OP
"If you need to change the email address because your old one don't longer works, just issue a email change from your control panel."

Tried it during the whole password reset thing, and it asked me for a non-free e-mail address.

The email address you specified is not suitable for registration at NeoGAF. This may be because it is recognised as a free e-mail address - as stated in the Terms of Service we can not accept registration from free e-mail accounts (such as Hotmail or Gmail). If the address you provided is not a free e-mail account, then it may have been explicitly banned for another reason. If you believe you are receiving this message in error, then please contact the administrator by clicking here.

Tried it during the whole password reset thing, and it asked me for a non-free e-mail address.

Ah, my bad. Thought the non-free e-mail was only used for initial registration purposes. Does seem a bit silly to prevent people from changing to a more useful e-mail after approval.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I had to use a school e-mail address. That's now been deleted. So if I lose this account or forget the password, I got nada. =

I just used my ISP's email.

Also, part of it is due to spambots.

Levito

Banned
Playing these games makes me want to go back to high school and not be such a loser. lol

Haha lordy I think nearly everyone that plays these games has those initial thoughts.

Listening to episode 18 of S.Link FM right now. So good. Waifu wars lol. I remember playing the demo of that game and wasn't sure if I liked it or not.

You should try it again! So much Waifu, guns. wow

In my spare time I like to mess around with Photoshop and make wallpapers, avatars, etc. I've always liked the P4G wallpapers that came with the game, but since I like P3 better I figured I'd try to emulate that style.

Here's what I have so far. What do you all think? I still want to add in a few elements, 'cause it's not "busy" enough yet, but that's the basic idea.

I started out with Makoto, but if it turns out well I would definitely do the rest of the cast so that you could have a full set for your Vita.

kewlmyc

In my spare time I like to mess around with Photoshop and make wallpapers, avatars, etc. I've always liked the P4G wallpapers that came with the game, but since I like P3 better I figured I'd try to emulate that style.

Here's what I have so far. What do you all think? I still want to add in a few elements, 'cause it's not "busy" enough yet, but that's the basic idea.

I started out with Makoto, but if it turns out well I would definitely do the rest of the cast so that you could have a full set for your Vita.

Very well done. I'd use them.

PK Gaming

Nice, you're pretty talented!

Can't wait to see more.

Squire

Banned

Excellent. We'll need a full set of these for Persona 3 Golden.

Dantis

Someone should draw rise as a 1940's USO performer. It'd work pretty well if you ask me.

If I knew what this was, it might be something I'd draw. Elaborate?

EDIT- And now that I think about it, I only found and eventually joined GAF because of Persona 3.

I joined to complain about Arena. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

Looks excellent! Well done.

Niiice. Did you pen out that Tartarus or edit an existing image?
You might wanna check out the left side of Makoto's face though, the black outline effect seems to be eating into it.

That Tartarus is an edit of an existing image. And I see what you're talking about with the stroke effect... hmm, I'm not sure there's much I can do about it, but I'll take a look.

Given everyone's reaction, I'll definitely make ones for the rest of the cast once I get the template nailed down on this one.

Lunar15

If I knew what this was, it might be something I'd draw. Elaborate?

Ah, I keep forgetting you're British. I'm sure the British forces had something similar. The USO sends performers over to foreign bases to entertain the troops. 1940's USO girls would usually wear some form of military outfit, but tweaked to be less military and more feminine.

event_208976762.jpeg

Today's veteran's day, hence why the idea popped in my head. I was really just kidding around.

Squire

Banned
Just under two weeks to go before the announcement.

Please let it be P5.

Yes.

No.

Ah, I keep forgetting you're British. I'm sure the British forces had something similar. The USO sends performers over to foreign bases to entertain the troops. 1940's USO girls would usually wear some form of military outfit, but tweaked to be less military and more feminine.

event_208976762.jpeg

Today's veteran's day, hence why the idea popped in my head. I was really just kidding around.

It's a good idea though!

That Tartarus is an edit of an existing image. And I see what you're talking about with the stroke effect... hmm, I'm not sure there's much I can do about it, but I'll take a look.

Given everyone's reaction, I'll definitely make ones for the rest of the cast once I get the template nailed down on this one.
Odd, stroke/outer glow shouldn't do that unless that part of the image is literally missing. How about duplicating the layer and turning off the effect of the one on top?

Dantis

event_208976762.jpeg

It's a kind of cool idea, actually.

Like I've said before, if anyone has any amazing ideas, throw them out there.

So I just realized that I won't be able to do a wallpaper for Fuuka, because she doesn't have an All-Out Attack portrait in P3P. I don't know if anyone cares or not, but if they do, maybe Dantis or somebody else artistically gifted could create one in the same style? If so I'd be happy to include it in the project.

Hehe, nice they changed Kanji's bunny faces to Katsuya's kitty faces.

Also it's kind of a shame that there's gonna be another Persona fighting game, yet it's unlikely we'll get to have Lisa vs. Chie or Ulala vs. Akihiko.

Moonlight

Banned
On a somewhat related note, still in the first dungeon of P2. Really loving the degree of incidental dialogue in the game. Been crawling around all the classrooms after big events to see if they're saying something different, and they usually are. I'm also really digging how present your party members are, for lack of a better term. Cool to see them hanging around the rooms or stores you enter and getting to talk to them about whatever. Already ran into some pretty funny conversations, haha.

Shame that the game proper hasn't so much clicked for me. Fusion spells are neat, but I really wish the random encounter rate were dialed down or something. As it stands, it's pretty discouraging.

Gazoinks

< I have no idea who my favorite P2 character is. None. Nada. Nope. Nooooooooooooope.

Shame that the game proper hasn't so much clicked for me. Fusion spells are neat, but I really wish the random encounter rate were dialed down or something. As it stands, it's pretty discouraging.

Best bet is probably to just find a good hit all Fusion spell and then auto fight your way through battles, they go really quick. If you find yourself overleveling your enemies, use Estoma, but that probably won't happen unless you do some grinding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom