• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did The Answer add that the Journey didn't have? It took so much away.

Well the calendar system, the slinks, the dumb tired system, and more things. It was much more like P1/2/SMT, which, I personally like. P4 refined or removed those things and made them more enjoyable. I wish though that P4 refined some things instead of just remove them.

Btw, this is in no way implying I dont like P3, the list goes from like Love to like very much.

Trigger

Man Persona 3 is so much better than 4.

Too bad 4 is likely to ruin Persona more.

Persona 5 is probably gonna have another Teddie.

But that's a good thing, right?

teddie__s_sad__gif__by_eevee76719-d53z1ut.gif

Sophia

No. It's ridiculous.

Each persona has become more and more kiddie.

Next game everybody is just going to be "kooky"

The irony of this being that Teddie has involvement in two of the darkest and most mature plotlines in all of Persona 4. :p

PK Gaming

Oh man, I completely disagree with you there. Persona 4 is just miles ahead of 3 for me in just about everything. The 2 biggest issues with 3 that come to mind are the villains (the villains in Persona 3 were abysmal) and non-existant plot for the first half of the game. 3 isn't a bad game(it's one of my favorites), but goddamn upon reflection you start to notice just how thoroughly 4 stomps 3.

PS: Teddie was beary awesome.

Fuck Teddie, Koromaru is where it's AT.

Judging by his relevance to the plot and the fact that he doesn't get an ultimate Persona, I'm pretty sure Koromaru was a last-minute addition to the game. Teddie seemed organically integrated into the plot, and was one of my favourite party members to boot.

Sophia

Judging by his relevance to the plot and the fact that he doesn't get an ultimate Persona, I'm pretty sure Koromaru was a last-minute addition to the game. Teddie seemed organically integrated into the plot, and was one of my favourite party members to boot.

You'd be wrong. Koromaru was the one party member who was planned from the very beginning.

Source. First line of the last paragraph. Straight form Soejima himself.

Trigger

I'm still baffled by Koromaru's inclusion. I don't get what purpose he serves...at all.

Fuck Teddie, Koromaru is where it's AT.

I haven't played P4 yet pls don't hurt me I'm waiting for a PSN release but that will never happen

P4 Golden is already on PSN. There's no incentive to release the old PS2 version. Join Vita GAF.

kewlmyc

His squeaking drives me insane though. Thank god for Golden.

P4 Golden is already on PSN. There's no incentive to release the old PS2 version. Join Vita GAF.

Buying a console for 1 game is never a good idea.

Samyy

I'm still baffled by Koromaru's inclusion. I don't get what purpose he serves...at all.

Vita is awesome.
If your planning to get a PS4 getting a Vita makes a lot of sense since PS+ gives you a nice little library of vita games right off the bat.

You'd be wrong. Koromaru was the one party member who was planned from the very beginning.

Source. First line of the last paragraph. Also has images of other designs for Koromaru.

...That just baffles me, then. Why is he so irrelevant if he was planned from the very start?

Friggin' ATLUS, how do they work?

Pirabear

Banned

Koromaru doesn't need an ultimate Persona. Immune to Agi/Mudo, highest evasion AND is a Shiba-Inu? PERFECTION already!

cj_iwakura

Because he's a dog. :p

Should've gone the Shadow Hearts route and given him internal monologues.

I was thoroughly disappointed he doesn't talk to you when playing as Aigis.

"Woof!"
[Ah, greetings robot-girl, I find this canine cuisine most unappetizing.]

Sophia

Should've gone the Shadow Hearts route and given him internal monologues.

I was thoroughly disappointed he doesn't talk to you when playing as Aigis.

"Woof!"
[Ah, greetings robot-girl, I find this canine cuisine most unappetizing.]

Would have conflicted with the story. Aigis is slowly losing the ability to understand Koromaru throughout The Answer as she awakens to the Wild Card.

Because he's a dog. :p

THAT'S NO EXCUSE! They had ample time to make him more than just a joke character who's involved in like one story scene, especially if he was planned from the start as you've indicated. They make a big deal out of Aigis being able to understand and translate him, but nothing relevant is made of it.

I dunno, I just wish P3 extrapolated on some of its great ideas (and there are a lot of them).

Daimaou

THAT'S NO EXCUSE! They had ample time to make him more than just a joke character who's involved in like one story scene, especially if he was planned from the start as you've indicated. They make a big deal out of Aigis being able to understand and translate him, but nothing relevant is made of it.

I dunno, I just wish P3 extrapolated on some of its great ideas (and there are a lot of them).

Dogs don't have much motivation other than "These people feed me, I like these people."

Squire

Banned
ScraftyDevil said:
They make a big deal out of Aigis being able to understand and translate him, but nothing relevant is made of it.

That's because they're giving depth to Aigis' character with that, not Koromaru.

Back in my day Persona was serious shit for serious gamers not this dumb kiddy Teddie shit, it's unbearable now.

I love that someone could come in to thread and think you're serious, haha.

Dogs don't have much motivation other than "These people feed me, I like these people."

Yep. It's crazy how you get a dog and realize it's this exactly. They're smart animals, but they're none too picky.

Koromaru was hinted several times to have a strong sense of justice and loyalty (both of which were hinted at by his S. Link in P3P), but nothing ever came of it. It would've been cool if he got a dedicated story beat like Mitsuru, Ken and Junpei each did.

Meia

And VLR is now done.

What in the FUCK.

I'm kind of freaking out right now... >>

A new destination. Ok apparently not. @_@

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130403023329/megamitensei/images/8/8b/Tesso_Megami_Ibunroku_Persona.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdjfes4TW01rvpfieo1_500.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://fireden.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/super-guido.png

And VLR is now done.

What in the FUCK.

I'm kind of freaking out right now... >>

K is best character.

Also VLR's last stretch is fantastic. What a brilliant game.

Goby

Banned
Back in my day Persona was serious shit for serious gamers not this dumb kiddy Teddie shit, it's unbearable now.

I don't mind Teddie once but I just don't want them to out in another "wacky" character like that in P5.

Plus I prefer the SMT stories more anyway.

ATLUS has said it wants to do something different with persona 5 so I wonder what that means.

I don't mind Teddie once but I just don't want them to out in another "wacky" character like that in P5.

Plus I prefer the SMT stories more anyway.

ATLUS has said it wants to do something different with persona 5 so I wonder what that means.

Just for that you're going to get a bear who is also a clown.

Have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom