• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a somewhat related note, still in the first dungeon of P2. Really loving the degree of incidental dialogue in the game. Been crawling around all the classrooms after big events to see if they're saying something different, and they usually are. I'm also really digging how present your party members are, for lack of a better term. Cool to see them hanging around the rooms or stores you enter and getting to talk to them about whatever. Already ran into some pretty funny conversations, haha.

Shame that the game proper hasn't so much clicked for me. Fusion spells are neat, but I really wish the random encounter rate were dialed down or something. As it stands, it's pretty discouraging.

The encounter rate was raised a little from the PS1 version. If you can deal with grinding a tiny bit, if you get the spell Estoma, once you are higher leveled than every enemy in the dungeon, when you have Estoma activated, there are no random encounters.

Caladrius

In my spare time I like to mess around with Photoshop and make wallpapers, avatars, etc. I've always liked the P4G wallpapers that came with the game, but since I like P3 better I figured I'd try to emulate that style.

Here's what I have so far. What do you all think? I still want to add in a few elements, 'cause it's not "busy" enough yet, but that's the basic idea.

I started out with Makoto, but if it turns out well I would definitely do the rest of the cast so that you could have a full set for your Vita.

Magnificent. I don't think you need to add that much extra. I think a more stark look suits Persona 3's tone better.

It is P5.

You should hope it is.

The alternative would be...unspeakable.

Gazoinks

No the steaks
teehee
are bigger than a meltdown thread.

uzcQfKh.png

WHO SAID STEAK

inb4 awkwardly late response
As for the Arcana stuff, I've taken this one a few times: http://quizfarm.com/quizzes/new/Cirrus/which-major-arcana-tarot-card-are-you/

I usually try to avoid ones with Persona in their name because they are in my experience poorly made and ask you questions that don't pertain to your personality such as: "who do u think is the killer? looolz"

XIX: The Sun
63%
XIII: Death
63%

Half optimism and half Death. Neato
actually pretty spot on.
Anyway if it's not P5 I'll eat the closest object that generally considered inedible at the time of the announcement.

Soriku

Guys what if the site is teasing the Official Persona Barbecue Meet™. The locations are where they'll hold the barbecues.

Persona fans like meat right?

Squire

Banned
On a somewhat related note, still in the first dungeon of P2. Really loving the degree of incidental dialogue in the game. Been crawling around all the classrooms after big events to see if they're saying something different, and they usually are. I'm also really digging how present your party members are, for lack of a better term. Cool to see them hanging around the rooms or stores you enter and getting to talk to them about whatever. Already ran into some pretty funny conversations, haha.

Shame that the game proper hasn't so much clicked for me. Fusion spells are neat, but I really wish the random encounter rate were dialed down or something. As it stands, it's pretty discouraging.

Agreed. I'm enjoying everything about it except the act of actually playing it. Real shame. I don't think it's terrible by any means, it's just not fun.

Jintor

Evangelion products are truly absurd. I don't really get why. Hope Persona doesn't get like that.

Because the market is there

Agreed. I'm enjoying everything about it except the act of actually playing it. Real shame. I don't think it's terrible by any means, it's just not fun.

Pretty much how I felt. Although on reflection I never really liked the gameplay in P3 or P4 that much either, but they were very easy to break so that wasn't as much of an issue.

My favourite combat system in an RPG is FFVIII because you could fuckin' break that game in two over your knee if you knew what you were doing.

Squire

Banned
Pretty much how I felt. Although on reflection I never really liked the gameplay in P3 or P4 that much either, but they were very easy to break so that wasn't as much of an issue.

My favourite combat system in an RPG is FFVIII because you could fuckin' break that game in two over your knee if you knew what you were doing.

Yeah, with P4 you either work the exploits or set the game to easy and boom; Done. P2 though, you can't really remove the element of tedium.

Dantis

I thought the gameplay in 3 and 4 was amaaaaazing. P1 and P2's was pretty bad outside of some excellent boss fights. The guitar solo in the P2 boss theme got me pumped every single time.

I know that. I don't get why the market is there. It speaks very poorly of Evangelion fans that they're willing to buy such trashy products. :p

Anime fans, what do you expect?

Sophia

Anime fans, what do you expect?

Evangelion is in this weird area in which the products that come out for it are extremely bizarre and extremely tacky. Can't remember if it was Dave or Keats who linked me all those utterly weird clothing products on Twitter a few months ago.

Jintor

I know that. I don't get why the market is there. It speaks very poorly of Evangelion fans that they're willing to buy such trashy products. :p

I ask myself why I buy $49.00 artbooks that objectively speaking I don't really read or look at that often, and it's not like a regular novel or manga where you read the story and get what you like outta that.

People buy what they're gonna buy.

kewlmyc

I don't get it, it's just spoons and jell-o. Nothing that absurd. It's like those japanese cafes that have food and drinks based of anime characters. Persona has had a few of those. The way you were talking, I though it was Evangelion condoms or something.

Caladrius

Yeah, those're great games. I got up to the final boss of Thousand Year Door and then my save corrupted. ;_;

You should play it again. I'm just about to get started on another playthrough of the original.

I didn't like TTYD when I first played it but when I got older, replayed it and thought about it I appreciated it a lot more, Pity what's happened since then.

Also PS3 GET!

You should totes recommend me some Jrpgs, shooters, combo action games and Racing games.

Gazoinks

You should play it again. I'm just about to get started on another playthrough of the original.

I didn't like TTYD when I first played it but when I got older, replayed it and thought about it I appreciated it a lot more, Pity what's happened since then.

Also PS3 GET!

You should totes recommend me some Jrpgs, shooters, combo action games and Racing games.

Final Fantasy XIII

Uuuh... Actually I have no idea, those genres aren't really my forte. Folklore is a pretty good underrated PS3 game, and I had a lot of fun with WipeoutHD. What other PS3 games do I even have... Dark Souls... Little Big Planet. I think that's pretty much it.

Squire

Banned
Also PS3 GET!

Uncharted 2
Dragon Age: Origins
The Mass Effect trilogy
Vanquish
Valkyria Chronicles

Do you like open-world action games? If so:

Red Dead Redemption
Sleeping Dogs
Saints Row 3/4

Soriku

Also PS3 GET!

Tales of Xillia
Tales of Graces F
Resonance of Fate
Demon's/Dark Souls
Valkyria Chronicles

Then Nier and Ninokuni are good but I haven't gotten around to them yet (soon though). I'm also playing Star Ocean 4 right now, it's not as bad as people say it is.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Also PS3 GET!

Racing Games you say...

I will give you a bunch when I get to my computer, those are my specialty.

Caladrius

Thank all of ye so far. As a note I own all of the other 7th gen platforms (including an upper-range PC), so the PS3 is an "exclusives/superior multiplat/Console game with good online multiplayer I don't have to pay for" box for me.

EMT0

Banned
What the fuck am I looking at?!

Toriyama's new project, set to be announced at the end of the month. But that Aigis portrait is way out of date. You should see the outfits he made for our favorite robotic waifu. But ssshhhh, don't tell anyone I told you guys this. You didn't hear it from me.

kewlmyc

Also PS3 GET!

Tales of Xilla
The Last of Us
Uncharted 2
Vanquish
Grand Theft Auto V
Red Dead Redemption

My personal picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom