• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazoinks

so this series is like a deadly premonition situation for some of you?

Nah, it's more that I'm just sort of ambivalent towards the gameplay for the most part. I don't think it's terrible or anything, and I generally have fun with it, but it's definitely not the strongest part of the game for me.

The iffy dungeons are honestly a bigger issue for me.

Marche90

You should play it again. I'm just about to get started on another playthrough of the original.

I didn't like TTYD when I first played it but when I got older, replayed it and thought about it I appreciated it a lot more, Pity what's happened since then.

Also PS3 GET!

You should totes recommend me some Jrpgs, shooters, combo action games and Racing games.

Add another recommendation for Valkyria Chronicles. Funny, I was in the exact same situation as you last month, though in my case this was because I'm finally getting extra money to buy stuff.

Oh, and don't forget to leave your psn id here.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Nier is garbage,

4h6obgL.png

I'm also playing Star Ocean 4 right now, it's not as bad as people say it is.

You're right, it's worse.

OK so.. racing games.

You've got..

Dirt Series.
Grid 1 & 2.
GT5 (still good despite all its shortcomings)
I would say NFS: Most Wanted 2006 but.. that's sadly not on PS3 The other NFS games are worth a look, minus Pro Street. The Run is just.. meh.
Wipeout HD although the difficulty gets REALLY high.
Midnight Club LA is fucking awesome
Blur (RIP Bizarre) :(
RIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACER 7

You should play it again. I'm just about to get started on another playthrough of the original.

I didn't like TTYD when I first played it but when I got older, replayed it and thought about it I appreciated it a lot more, Pity what's happened since then.

Also PS3 GET!

You should totes recommend me some Jrpgs, shooters, combo action games and Racing games.

Here's some great games off the top of my head:

Uncharted Series (especially 2)
Valkyria Chronicles
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (my 2010 GOTY)
Dragon Age: Origins (my 2009 GOTY)
Mass Effect 2 (you can play 1&3, but 2 is my favorite)
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
Burnout Paradise
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
God of War III (assuming you've played 1&2, otherwise play those first)

Also, I haven't had the chance to play it yet, but I've heard good things about Tales of Xillia. There aren't that many great JRPGs on PS3, unfortunately...

Edit: Shit, Scrafty, those are some good suggestions. I wholeheartedly back Shadow of the Colossus (didn't think of the HD version), Scott Pilgrim, and Walking Dead.

Also PS3 GET!

Scrafty's List of the Best PS3 Games EVAR:

Shadow of the Colossus HD (The Best Game of All Time)
Metal Gear Rising
Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection
Saints Row The Third
Saints Row IV
Batman: Arkham City
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
Double Dragon Neon
LittleBigPlanet 2
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Uncharted 2
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
TellTale's The Walking Dead
Just Cause 2

Gazoinks

Oh yeah, I don't have the HD version, but Shadow of The Colossus is one of the best games ever made so there's that.

The Souls games are some of my favorites of that gen, but they don't quite fit into any of the categories you asked for.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
FWIW if you listened to the podcast like you should be doing...

I was the only one who put VC in his top 5 (in no particular order). :D

What's the second?

Pokémon Black/White.

Ding ding ding ding ding! Give this man a trophy that is also a medal.

Nope.avi

http://i.imgur.com/AQLbJ8Q.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

yes.avi

[IMG]http://media1.gameinformer.com/filestorage/CommunityServer.Components.SiteFiles/imagefeed/featured/sony/shadowofcolossus/shadowcolossushdreal.jpg

Metroid ain't got nothin' on this baby.

Caladrius

Thanks for the suggestions folks. As a final note I also own a PS2.
P.S. my wallet is screaming for me to burn in hell.

Mah PSN ID is [quote to see]

Also there is no best game ever.

But my favorites go like this

Paper Mario
Pokemon Platinum
Smash Bruddahs Melee
Tie between Metroid Prime and Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix
Diddy Kong Racing.

SotC is a fantastic game regardless.

Gazoinks

Speaking of, I'm in the middle of the
Air Raid Shelter
and I really wish I wasn't.

Haha. Ha. Ha. If you're not using the spoiler-free guide, I'd recommend at least using it for that. Saves some grief.

Trying to open up the shortcuts in the bomb shelter in EP makes me want to murder someone.

Okay, so here is the "final" version of the Makoto Yuki Vita wallpaper. Please let me know what you think; anything to add, anything to get rid of? It's hard to judge one's own work, so have at it.

Once we're all in agreement, I'll get started on the rest of the cast (minus Fuuka until I get my hands on some suitable artwork).

Gazoinks

Okay, so here is the "final" version of the Makoto Yuki Vita wallpaper. Please let me know what you think; anything to add, anything to get rid of? It's hard to judge one's own work, so have at it.

Once we're all in agreement, I'll get started on the rest of the cast (minus Fuuka until I get my hands on some suitable artwork).

This is awesome, great work. If I had a Vita I would use it. :p I think you did a good job balancing the more austere aesthetic of P3 without making it look boring. My only complaint would be that the outline on the right side (his right) of Makoto's hair looks a bit blobby? I'm not sure it's really fixable without making the whole outline thinner though.

Sophia

You know if you made an Aigis one you'd be my favorite poster since like forever right?

That is pretty awesome tho. The art is from Persona 3 Portable it looks like?

SotC is more "magical" than RE4

Both games suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom