• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlight

Banned
What would you say if P5 had a more mature cast, say at least college-based, but preferably in the 25-30 range?
I wouldn't necessarily be opposed. Really, they could set it just about anywhere and I'd trust that they'd have reasonably good reasons for it. Physical maturity isn't a big factor for me either way.

Gazoinks

What would you say if P5 had a more mature cast, say at least college-based, but preferably in the 25-30 range?

Seriously doubt it'd happen, but I'd be fine with it. I would like them to keep that time management aspect though, so maybe not above college. Although balancing a job and fighting could be interesting...

Moonlight

Banned
Chie and Rise, two great tastes that taste great together:

XYOaLyw.gif

kewlmyc

$200?! I could've sworn she was cheaper than that. Or on sale recently.

My most expensive figure is probably my $70 Dr. Horrible statue. I don't have many yet, and the ones I do are either cheap or prize figures.

$200 sounds about right for Momohime nowadays, especially new. Hell, even used she's over $100 now.

Worth every penny too.

Also this thread is going at an alarming rate now. We'll probably hit max before November 24 hits.

Squire

Banned
Also this thread is going at an alarming rate now. We'll probably hit max before November 24 hits.

Time for Dan The Man to begin OT3 preparations.

I really think "Pursuing My True Sequel" is the best title regardless of whether or not the site by the time the thread is posted. Even after they announce P5 we'll need to wait for it to release. I'm curious to see how long it'll take to release in Japan.

Speaking if waiting, how do you guys plan to handle that? I don't really want to check on every little detail Famitsu posts, but as someone who likes to post and a regular on the podcast, I'll have to. I don't want that to sour my experience though.

I really hope they don't give away too much in the lead-up to the game and once it's out, I'm definitely going to go on somewhat of a blackout. Hope this thread doesn't become a minefield of unmarked spoilers due to importers. :/

Moonlight

Banned
If P5 arrives before this thread entirely runs its' course, I'd probably prefer the subtitle to be in reference to whatever slogan they trot out for the game.

And I think P5 is gonna be the first game in a while where I self-impose a strict black-out. I came into Ace Attorney 5 knowing a little too much than I could have and I can't help but feel that it spoiled some of the moments they clearly intended to be fairly significant. Leaping into the next game having no clue what to expect (but fairly lofty expectations) is how I wanna approach it.

Gonna be tough, though.

Caladrius

I will...attempt to avoid spoilers but considering how well that worked out for me with Pokemon X and Y I'm not holding myself to it.

This will be my first Persona game that I won't have initially played years after the fact.

Lunar15

What I really want to do is cut all ties to the internet and go live in the mountains somewhere, but realistically I'm probably going to spoil myself and regret it.

As for what age they're going to be? High Schoolers. I'd put money on it. I think Catherine was their game for young adults. That's not to say that we couldn't have an older party member or something.

I have like 4 figure's total, but the one's I do have were way expensive. This Momohime figure for example was $200.
This is why I'm starting to accept my beginning to grow collection of Gundam model kits. Not as elegant as figures (and god knows there's a few probably expensive figures I do want) but you can find good kits for pretty cheap. Of course more expensive means better grade but even then a $25 kit can look decent enough to display

also as much as I like these things I wish I wasn't going down this hole of collecting >_> once you start you can't stop bro
It probably won't happen at all but I'd like to see how it could play out.

kewlmyc

I'll be fine when it come to spoilers. All I have to do is avoid 4chan. It worked wonders with Ace Attorney and the recent Madoka movie.

Sophia

Never understood spoiling something you've waiting years for.

Problem with taking a course on media and film. That, and browsing TVTropes.

Also, embracing spoilers can actually improve one's enjoyment of something.

The worst spoilers in an Atlus game tend to come from Japan getting it before we do and the internet exploding. That's what happened with Persona 4 Arena. Japan got it a couple weeks earlier and all the spoilery details were out before the US release. Even people like me who got copies early couldn't avoid them if we wanted to. :p

Squire

Banned
I'm with Levito and Moonlight. Most of my favorite games are experiences I basically stumbled into with no knowledge of before hand. It's hard enough to recreate that feeling when you're playing a sequel in a series you're familiar with. Pouring over every little detail of P5 would make it that much tougher.

There are going to be things in magazines you really would be better off discovering on your own. I think as we get a clear picture of when the game will be out, I'll start to ignore that stuff altogether.

Levito

Banned
Let's all watch PewDiePie's 300 Part LP of Persona 5 together in a movie theatre.

I'll even do that fake yawn-thenputyourarmaround'em move to Ron like in 80's movies.

Coming in to P3FES and P4, I barely knew anything about the story. Probably because spoilers of the games haven't become quite well known in gaming circles.
Or the fact that most people can't be bothered to finish the games. :lol

Lunar15

Never understood spoiling something you've waiting years for.

It depends on your definition of spoiling. If you mean hard plot spoilers, then no, I'll always avoid these as much as possible. But if you mean spoiling anything in general, via trailers gameplay videos, etc., well... that's a tough thing to pull off.

Moonlight

Banned
God, the amount of dialogue in P2 is insane. At this point, half of my play-time has just been me bombing around every single available location checking to see if anyone has anything new to say and they almost always do.

Levito

Banned
It depends on your definition of spoiling. If you mean hard plot spoilers, then no, I'll always avoid these as much as possible. But if you mean spoiling anything in general, via trailers gameplay videos, etc., well... that's a tough thing to pull off.

The former is what I was referring to.

Squire

Banned
God, the amount of dialogue in P2 is insane. At this point, half of my play-time has just been me bombing around every single available location checking to see if anyone has anything new to say and they almost always do.

Are you literally visiting every shop in each district and getting new dialogue? I figure that's what I'm supposed to do.

No game is more insane when it comes to NPC dialogue than Trails in the sky. There is new dialogue for NPC's after every minor story progression and even for those who are in a different region of the world map all together.

Moonlight

Banned
Are you literally visiting every shop in each district and getting new dialogue? I figure that's what I'm supposed to do.
Yeah, every shop in each district. I was even poking around the classrooms (when it let me) because there's generally stuff there, too. The latter was a bit aggravating given that the schools are big random encounter minefields, but nothing too annoying. Seven Sisters was what got me into the habit, there's one classroom where stuff changes like... four or five times in the span of the dungeon, mostly surrounding that haughty Yoko girl and Lisa. Honestly, if this were all the game was I'd be fine with it, lol.

Squire

Banned
Yeah, every shop in each district. I was even poking around the classrooms (when it let me) because there's generally stuff there, too. The latter was a bit aggravating given that the schools are big random encounter minefields, but nothing too annoying. Seven Sisters was what got me into the habit, there's one classroom where stuff changes like... four or five times in the span of the dungeon, mostly surrounding that haughty Yoko girl and Lisa. Honestly, if this were all the game was I'd be fine with it, lol.

Same here. I was already prepared to do that so I will.

You can really see why these guys came up with the S. Links. They really do like writing well-developed characters. If I was in that position I'd hate not to have a system that actively encourages the player to find that stuff.

Gazoinks

Yeah, I actually missed a bunch because I didn't realize how often it changed when I played through. Will have to replay at some point and pick everything up.

ssshadow

Neo Member
I think it is happening. persona5.jp has been moved of off onamae to some other server which has trace route very similar to p-ch.jp (just before the last point they both pass 202.239.82.26, before they were at completely separate locations in japan). Perhaps this is in preparation for the 24:th ...

Edit: Same name server as p-ch.jp too.

WNECbOv.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom