• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar15

I seriously cannot stand the 3DS P5 beggars anymore.

I counted a grand total of 1 person saying it was possible on 3DS in the discussion thread. I mean, yes, port begging is silly and annoying, but I think it's overblown how much it's actually happening.

Lunar15

Truthfact: There's far more people begging for it to be on sony platforms, particularly begging for a PS4 version. But since that's expected, it doesn't annoy anyone. It's still platform begging, and is often "console fanboy biased". Both are annoying.

I personally want it on a more powerful system than the 3DS, but I certainly don't mind that people would want it on there. It's the same as me not wanting it on the Vita, because I'd rather not get a Vita. But frankly, I'll get it regardless of the platform it shows up on.

Meia

The only things that will make me depressed about P5: portable only, and/or removal of social links.

I would WANT it on PS4 if only for it to be a sign that one of the big Three actually pay a lot of mind to Atlus(as they would need help probably for the game to be developed enough to be out next year for the new system). I'll take PS3 as I want a big screen game when it comes to JRPGs, something we've seen sorely lacking for an entire generation now(in comparison to others). Wouldn't care if it was 360 as it fits that criteria but can't see it given Arena's poor sales. Can't imagine a leap in game systems on a portable system, so no with that.

I don't find it surprising that people want PS4 for all of the above, honestly. The thing that annoys me about the 3DS people, the ONLY thing, is they truly don't care for the brand to move forward, and that I cannot forgive. I hate selfishness.

Lunar15

The thing that annoys me about the 3DS people, the ONLY thing, is they truly don't care for the brand to move forward, and that I cannot forgive. I hate selfishness.

I'm not sure what you mean. Move forward graphically? I can understand that. But SMTIV did come out on the 3DS, after previously coming out on PS2. And honestly, it was a stellar game and a great move forward for the series.

But honestly, I see very very few people talking about putting it on the 3DS. And usually it's just pointing out that it's possible, which it is. Sony fanboys don't want to believe it though, and that's what's hilarious.

Lunar15

Read the posts though: nearly every instance of 3DS on that page is someone saying that it shouldn't come out on the 3DS. It's like some kind of weird inverse prophecy: people expect 3DS beggars, so they go out of their way to disprove it. It's literally one person talking/trolling about it, but even he/she concedes that it really doesn't matter what platform it comes out on.

Point is, there's far more port beggars on the other side, but since 3DS is the outlier (and a less preferable system to many), it sticks out more.

Levito

Banned
Read the posts though: nearly every instance of 3DS on that page is someone saying that it shouldn't come out on the 3DS. It's like some kind of weird inverse prophecy: people expect 3DS beggars, so they go out of their way to disprove it. It's literally one person talking/trolling about it, but even he/she concedes that it really doesn't matter what platform it comes out on.

I'm seeing 6 people discussing SMT IV sales vs P4: G and Vita vs. DS userbase debates.

Same old thing, same old arguments. Why every thread has to be a platform war--I have no idea.

Lunar15

I'm seeing 6 people discussing SMT IV sales vs P4: G and Vita vs. DS userbase debates.

Same old thing, same old arguments. Why every thread has to be a platform war--I have no idea.

Because there's one troll, and 5 people taking the bait. That's what I mean: the concept is overblown.

To be fair though, I'll agree with you in that I generally avoid general discussion threads about it for the same reason.

There are just as many people also hoping its not on xbone. Really, the 3ds thing just bothers you because just that, it annoys you. All port begging gets annoying yo, lets stomp it out equally!

Because there's one troll, and 5 people taking the bait. That's what I mean: the concept is overblown.

2516508-5567548374-Fh3ro.gif

Levito

Banned
Point is, there's far more port beggars on the other side, but since 3DS is the outlier (and a less preferable system to many), it sticks out more.

I disagree, the only reason this debate continually comes up is because 3DS users come in and make it the dominant conversation.

Maybe because -again- every thread becomes about this. The opposition may seem like it's more vocal cause people here are against it, but it's certainly not overblown on the general board.

I just hope this is going to be fucking over in 2 weeks time.

Marche90

^3DS time confimed? :p
j/k

Also, random forum downtime. Not surprised anymore.

Absolutely agree with you. Thinking about it, liking Nintendo and being a part of PersonaGAF is sure a weird place to be.

And everyone knows what I think about the subject (wouldn't mind)... though it's not as strong as it once was, since I had to sell my 3DS to recover costs of the broken PS3 I bought (meaning it's better for me to land on PS3, wouldn't affect as much if it were to land on 3DS or Vita... and it would absolutely wreck me if it were to land on PS4. Sucks to be the poor student member of the community :p)

Levito

Banned
Absolutely agree with you. Thinking about it, liking Nintendo and being a part of PersonaGAF is sure a weird place to be.

Has less to do(for me) about the game actually being on a Nintendo platform and more about it's still the dominant conversation.

Someone doesn't hate Nintendo just because they find the fans to be really overbearing at times. :p

Lunar15

I just hope this is going to be fucking over in 2 weeks time.

I couldn't agree more, and I think it's best we leave it at that.

Anywho, going by the announcement website, it could be that the primary colors for P5 are red and white. This seems possible, since I feel Soejima's stuff has moved towards very striking, vivid, and contrasting colors recently. The primary colors have been important for each Persona game; P3 was blue and green due to the dark hour and P4 was yellow for nostalgic resonance. Red and white makes me think of street signs, but I honestly doubt that will be what it is.

Marche90

Anywho, going by the announcement website, it could be that the primary colors for P5 are red and white. This seems possible, since I feel Soejima's stuff has moved towards very striking, vivid, and contrasting colors recently. The primary colors have been important for each Persona game; P3 was blue and green due to the dark hour and P4 was yellow for nostalgic resonance. Red and white makes me think of street signs, but I honestly doubt that will be what it is.

Will they? Seeing as P2IS' colors were those... Or will they disregard that completely? I'm starting to get impatient, haha...

Some interesting developments this morning on my wallpaper project. I found some way better renders for Makoto/Mokoto, Yukari, Junpei, Mitsuru, and Akihiko, so I decided to re-do the Makoto wallpaper. (Sorry, Sophia, I couldn't find a better Aigis, but if you'd like I can use the P4A one instead; I think the only difference is her tie vs. bow).

Anyways, I've taken care of all the requests so far:

Makoto Yuki
Mokoto Yuki
Yukari Takeba
Junpei Iori

Now I'll get to work on Mitsuru, Akihiko, Ken, Shinji, and Koromaru.

EDIT: Found some weird dot-thing on the Yukari wallpaper. I've taken care of it, and the new version is linked above!

actually persona 4 was yellow because yosuke had to pee that one time in the opening.

I hope there's a pole social link.
Pole? Please, don't make me laugh, everyone knows Lamp is best furniturefu

I love lamp
Some interesting developments this morning on my wallpaper project. I found some way better renders for Makoto/Mokoto, Yukari, Junpei, Mitsuru, and Akihiko, so I decided to re-do the Makoto wallpaper. (Sorry, Sophia, I couldn't find a better Aigis, but if you'd like I can use the P4A one instead; I think the only difference is her tie vs. bow).

Makoto Yuki
Mokoto Yuki
Yukari Takeba
Junpei Iori

EDIT: Found some weird dot-thing on the Yukari wallpaper. I've taken care of it, and the new version is linked above!

These are looking really good, I'm gonna put the Makoto one on my Vita menu for sure

Caladrius

P5 will have no waifus suffer bwahahahahahahaaaaaaahaaaaaa

*Is thoroughly unconcerned*

Persona 5: Dedication Through Light edition.

Not gonna lie:
Would buy.Especially If it would involve what I think it would.

Who da man?

You da man.(/woman)

I still have to do that "You're here forever" image. I'm such a flake.

Levito

Banned
By the way--LJ hasn't logged on Facebook since he said he'd do the cast so I have no idea what's going to happen with that. :(

More like who isn't interested in being on that panel? I imagine it's going to be quite the thing, no matter what gets announced on p-ch.

If you want to join, please do!

I wouldn't mind, but it would be my first time.

Not a problem, was hoping for some fresh perspectives on this one anyway!

It's just a Skype call, so as long as your mic is fine we all good playa.

I probably would! I need to check my schedule to make sure, though.

Since it's during the weekend, the time is really flexible to whatever works best for people. Thinking afternoon. Like 2PM PST or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom