• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

Sun, her summer track, somehow manages to be weirder than Changing Seasons. Its like someone dared Meguro to outdo it in the strangeness category.

cj_iwakura

I gave Maken Shao another go. Boy is this game a graphical mess compared to Maken X.

Definitely. They gave some great musics to Hamuko in P3P.

I hate that name. It makes me think of a Muchi Muchi Pork character. She deserves something more elegant.

Sophia

I have no idea how that show got on Toonami back in the day... Speaking of which, I'm surprised Toonami hasn't picked up the Persona 4 anime. Seems like it fits their audience.

Squire

Banned
I have no idea how that show got on Toonami back in the day... Speaking of which, I'm surprised Toonami hasn't picked up the Persona 4 anime. Seems like it fits their audience.

That'd probably play well enough. I still think that show is best with the experience of the game under your belt, but if they can air SAO and that Kickheart nonsense than sure, why not!

Anyway, Fuuja is so cute in P3M.

H0wzdzA.jpg

<3

Rhapsody

Banned
The face and hair could be better on that art, imo. Then again, that pic of Makoto and Thanatos set the bar for movie promo art for me. lol

Haven't posted much here after being bombarded for tests :(. Luckily I'll have it easy going around the time of whatever that Persona announcement is.

Soriku

I'm just hoping the main battle theme delivers. Like even though I like the two P3 and two P4 battle themes, and Meguro is awesome and all, I'm still a little worried it might just turn out...OK.

^Love that song but it hardly even sounds like knights anymore.

btw, I have come to the conclusion that despite being all atmosphere ruining and all, the completely original songs and very different remixes of old songs in P1P are better than the very same to the original and sometimes a little better, sometimes worse remixes of P2ISP/ESP. They should have put a little more effort into the P2 ost's. Some songs sound better than others, with some sounding like proper remixes, but there is a pretty big chunk of hardly redone songs that sound like they just used a cheap synth or something.

Dantis

Asami Izawa

Oh, I thought he meant the lady singing in the EP opening, not Unbreakable Tie.

My bad.

^Love that song but it hardly even sounds like knights anymore.

btw, I have come to the conclusion that despite being all atmosphere ruining and all, the completely original songs and very different remixes of old songs in P1P are better than the very same to the original and sometimes a little better, sometimes worse remixes of P2ISP/ESP. They should have put a little more effort into the P2 ost's. Some songs sound better than others, with some sounding like proper remixes, but there is a pretty big chunk of hardly redone songs that sound like they just used a cheap synth or something.

So after a year and a half of telling me I'm wrong, you've decided that I'm right after all? :p

Basically, the songs that Konishi did are good. The piano tracks that Koduka did are good. The rest is hit and miss.

Dr. Buni

I'm just hoping the main battle theme delivers. Like even though I like the two P3 and two P4 battle themes, and Meguro is awesome and all, I'm still a little worried it might just turn out...OK.
I am worried about everything music-related. Meguro better deliver this time.

Oh, I thought he meant the lady singing in the EP opening, not Unbreakable Tie.

My bad.

So after a year and a half of telling me I'm wrong, you've decided that I'm right after all? :p

Basically, the songs that Konishi did are good. The piano tracks that Koduka did are good. The rest is hit and miss.

I still very much like the P2 ost's but you can tell they clearly put in less effort. I may not particularly enjoy the new P1 atmosphere over the old one, but you can clearly tell they put some effort in it at least. I guess the way I see it now that I'm a little more far removed from P1 and P2IS these days (Need to go back and finish P2EP that I bought on PSN), in game, I think I like the P2IS soundtrack more because it fits what I remember and expect, but out of game, P1P's ost is the better one.

Sophia

Honestly, outside of a few tracks, I think Innocent Sin's remixed soundtrack holds up really well. It's Eternal Punishment where the remixes are lacking.

Monad Mandala, the final dungeon, is a fantastic example of what I mean. The drums aren't as strong, the creepy voice in the background is missing, the intro is missing, cheap synths...

As an aside, they were weirdly inconsistent about how they applied the Velvet Room theme to the remixes. Persona 1 PSP got a new remix that's similar to the P3 version, but with elements of the original. Persona 2 IS/EP just flat out uses the P3/4 version for the remix. It's even the same length on the OST.

Dantis

Honestly, outside of a few tracks, I think Innocent Sin's remixed soundtrack holds up really well. It's Eternal Punishment where the remixes are lacking.

Monad Mandala, the final dungeon, is a fantastic example of what I mean. The drums aren't as strong, the creepy voice in the background is missing, the intro is missing, cheap synths...

As an aside, they were weirdly inconsistent about how they applied the Velvet Room theme to the remixes. Persona 1 PSP got a new remix that's similar to the P3 version, but with elements of the original. Persona 2 IS/EP just flat out uses the P3/4 version for the remix. It's even the same length on the OST.

One is a Meguro OST, the other two aren't.

Mystery solved! :p

Dantis

why dont you take out meguros garbage while you are at it or cut the dudes hair yo

Or maybe you could actually think about the context and realise that I'm right, ho hum.

Poem of Everyone's Souls is a Meguro track. It's always been a Meguro track. The reason the two OSTs that weren't by Meguro didn't have a new mix of it is because it's a track that's always done by Meguro.

Whether it's because he doesn't want them to, or someone else doesn't want them to, or maybe they like Meguro's version just fine, I'm pretty sure that's why.

But Meguro hardly did any of the remixes on IS Portable's OST....

He didn't do any. That's my point.

Refyref

Or maybe you could actually think about the context and realise that I'm right, ho hum.

Poem of Everyone's Souls is a Meguro track. It's always been a Meguro track. The reason the two OSTs that weren't by Meguro didn't have a new mix of it is because it's a track that's always done by Meguro.

Whether it's because he doesn't want them to, or someone else doesn't want them to, or maybe they like Meguro's version just fine, I'm pretty sure that's why.

You're aware that each Persona game had a new version of Aria of the Soul? Just the P2 remakes didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom