• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

I was going to explain myself and then you sent me a nasty Twitter message and now you get nothing.

Then perhaps you should clarify your original message instead of making awkward remarks and confusing people? Your original comment made no sense in regards to either part of my post, and you failed to clarify as to what part you were even commenting on, leaving us all in chat completely at a loss as to what you're referring to.

alright, everyone chill, cool off.

Mr_Freeze_%28Arnold_Schwarzenegger%29_2.gif

Sophia

Dantis and Sophia remind me of Yosuke and Chie. Always fighting over the oddest things.

Yeah its similar, I guess. Does seem like an apt comparison. :p

I generally don't appreciate the whole "Sticking his opinion in a place where it's completely off topic" shtick he has going on. Especially not when I'm cranky at five in the morning and his post makes no sense in the context of the conversation.

To move onto a less confrontational topic, isn't today when we're meant to hear something about Arena?

No that was a mistranslation because Japanese people are silly and people who mistranslate them are sillier. It was referring to the second half of the article.

Today is when we get the second part of that interview...no idea if new Arena info is included.

The second part is already up, and been for a little bit. I checked earlier when Lem pointed out Duckroll's post about the mistranslation.

Dantis

Yeah its similar, I guess. Does seem like an apt comparison. :p

I generally don't appreciate the whole "Sticking his opinion in a place where it's completely off topic" shtick he has going on. Especially not when I'm cranky at five in the morning and his post makes no sense in the context of the conversation.

*sigh*

You clearly completely misunderstood what I was saying. Look:

Meguro composed the original Poem for Everyone's Souls for Persona 1. He also did for Persona 3 and 4, obviously. The track has become almost like a theme for the series, and it's a track that Meguro has said in interviews that he likes. He's done a ton of arrangements, and it's become this track which only he works on, right?

So when you said "It's weird that only Persona 1 PSP has a remix of Poem" and I said "That's because it's a Meguro soundtrack", it made perfect sense. It was nothing to do with opinions or anything else you interpreted it as. It was literally "Meguro worked on the Persona 1 PSP soundtrack, but did not work on the two Persona 2 soundtracks, that's why only Persona 1 has a remix of one of Meguro's trademark tracks". There was nothing off topic, or my 'shtick', or my opinion, just a completely innocent observation.

With that in mind, sending me a message telling me that I'm a 'fucking moron' and that nobody knows what I'm talking about was uncalled for and inappropriate. I don't care how highly strung you are, the time of the day or anything else, it was just unpleasant. If you're going to do things like that, just don't bother talking to me at all.

Today is when we get the second part of that interview...no idea if new Arena info is included.

This makes a lot more sense.

jaxword

No one at all knows the psp anime cutscene timing guide? I know it's been mentioned in this thread but I can't seem to find it.

hlAjj.jpg

jaxword

These are hilarious.

And what do you mean anime cutscene timing guide?

Someone, probably on gamefaqs, and it's been mentioned in this thread, wrote a guide to how to watch the Persona 3 PS2 anime cutscenes while playing Persona 3 PSP.

Since the PSP doesn't have them all, the best option is to have a little guide to when, storyline-wise, to fire up youtube and watch them. ESPECIALLY the ending, because even though P3PSP is great, the visual novel ending lacks a certain something.

I don't know the P3 storyline well enough to wing it. So I need to find that guide soon for a friend, because my advice could cause spoilers.

Sophia

If you can't find the guide by tomorrow, I can always write you up a short list. I pretty much know where every animated cutscene plays so I'd just have to look up the dates.

Jintor

that doujima is not grizzled enough.

Dojima has to be played by the kind of guy who wouldn't look out of place in a John Woo directed Hong Kong Blood Opera starring Chow Yun Fat

fertygo

Someone, probably on gamefaqs, and it's been mentioned in this thread, wrote a guide to how to watch the Persona 3 PS2 anime cutscenes while playing Persona 3 PSP.

Since the PSP doesn't have them all, the best option is to have a little guide to when, storyline-wise, to fire up youtube and watch them. ESPECIALLY the ending, because even though P3PSP is great, the visual novel ending lacks a certain something.

I don't know the P3 storyline well enough to wing it. So I need to find that guide soon for a friend, because my advice could cause spoilers.

I personally didn't value the badly animated anime scene in P3 too much ESPECIALLY the ending one, god the graduation scene is terribad. I don't recognize those character.

Waiting for the anime movie to redo those :D

Tamanon

Banned
Half the animated scenes in P3, the characters had no faces! I assume it was a quality issue, not an aesthetic choice. Since Atlus hadn't really regained their budget yet.

I like it! Very cool. My only real visual issue with it is the rough edges on the glass shard triangle things.

Pretty solid, though I would recommend removing the slimmer polygon slits, they're very distracting.

Yeah, I had a feeling someone was going to say something about that. I tried messing with the stroke effect, but it was either too small to be noticeable or too thick and jagged.

Here, I've uploaded another one without those elements entirely. How does it look now? Would people be interested in a full set of these, or should I head back to the drawing board?

Sophia

Half the animated scenes in P3, the characters had no faces! I assume it was a quality issue, not an aesthetic choice. Since Atlus hadn't really regained their budget yet.

Definitely a quality issue. The studio that animated them didn't even bother to list their real name cuz they were so bad. :p

Dantis

I personally didn't value the badly animated anime scene in P3 too much ESPECIALLY the ending one, god the graduation scene is terribad. I don't recognize those character.

Waiting for the anime movie to redo those :D

The worst part of graduation is Mitsuru saying "I can hardly wait!!". Awful line and terrible delivery.

I think Catherine is the only game they've done where I actually thought the cutscenes looked good. Arena's were well drawn, but waaaay too heavy on still shots.

I have no idea how that show got on Toonami back in the day... Speaking of which, I'm surprised Toonami hasn't picked up the Persona 4 anime. Seems like it fits their audience.
Joke answer: Too much #quality for any one timeslot
Kappa

Serious answer: Money's probably still too tight.
..but they already topped it with "Shadow World" on P4G
7483_411c.gif

I never understood why I'm so hyped over an animated movie I'll have to wait 6 months or so to even see in english, but yeah I'm hyped

Meia

Shadow World song was good, animation that went with it wasn't. Still don't get the "dancing" thing at the beginning, even if it looked neat.

I mean, compare the new intro to P3P and Golden's, and, um, yeah. This in itself doesn't really bother me, but that the only way you can see the vanilla opening was to see it in a menu was silly.

Don't get me wrong, it's still better than most game's openings, but I find it to be the weakest of the modern Personas...

Man, Persona 3 style is awesome. The Persona 3 openings are some of my favorites by way of being amazingly stylish.

I pretty much love every intro in the mainline and Persona to death. I've been obsessed with every OST to a varying degree, and the visuals to go with it are usually awesome.

Worst opening is P4A, best is debatable

Dantis

Worst opening is P4A, best is debatable

You have my approval, Mrgoodwil. I was so disappointed with it.

Shame, because Best Friends is a tremendous song.

Does the anime count because Key Plus Words is probably the best. It somehow managed to have better animation and fight scenes than the actual show. It even made up for the ridiculously badly translated lyrics.

This is just how TV shows work. Since the openings are both a first impression and content that is reused across each episode, they have higher production values than the rest of the show.

Caladrius

Not gonna lie: Would buy 15.

A user on deviantART requested new Vita wallpapers for the P3 Velvet Room residents. In case anyone here is interested, here they are:

Igor
Elizabeth
Theodore

Many thanks.

Definitely a quality issue. The studio that animated them didn't even bother to list their real name cuz they were so bad. :p

Did somebody say QUALITY!?

Confession time: I always skip the OPs

This is just how TV shows work. Since the openings are both a first impression and content that is reused across each episode, they have higher production values than the rest of the show.

I know, but to have your show upstaged by its opening sequence is kind of sad. The only good thing to come about that show is Narukami's personality

Sophia

Look at it this way, at least the opening was good and not merely tossed together from scenes of the first episode like really bad shows do. >.<

Shadow World song was good, animation that went with it wasn't. Still don't get the "dancing" thing at the beginning, even if it looked neat.

The compression artifacts always threw me off whenever I watched it, don't know if it was by choice or not but yeah. Pretty much same opinion as well.

I guess your right, I think my saltiness at the show stems from the devaluation of Teddie's character more than anything. It started there and continued in Arena, they basically boiled him down to "all bear puns and pervertedness all the time" without capturing any of his struggle, or truly cool/funny moments from the game.

Lunar15

I think my favorite opening is still P3's original opening. That intro section of Burn My Dread just felt really surreal and different with the blue and white background. Very memorable to me.

Caladrius

I guess your right, I think my saltiness at the show stems from the devaluation of Teddie's character more than anything. It started there and continued in Arena, they basically boiled him down to "all bear puns and pervertedness all the time" without capturing the any of any of his struggle, or truly cool/funny moments from the game.

Character exaggeration really hit both works hard. I know that they probably don't have the insight or the time to really make sure the fine edges of their character show through, but it's frustrating that the characters are really only given justice in their original incarnation. I'm starting to understand why people get apprehensive about sequels.

I think my favorite opening is still P3's original opening. That intro section of Burn My Dread just felt really surreal and different with the blue and white background. Very memorable to me.
For me it goes like this:
P3 Fes>P4>P4G>P3P>P2: EP>P2: IS>P4A

(I've never watched persona 1's)

Weirdly enough I like the Anime's openings better than all of those

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom