• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

Nah. Saki is shown, they think it's the soulmate thing, they go into the TV world the first time. MC goes to bed early to prevent getting sick per Dojima's orders, next day cuts to the auditorium and the announcement. Least that's the way the game did it.

Oh yeah, I think that's what how it was shown in the manga as well.

Nah. Saki is shown, they think it's the soulmate thing, they go into the TV world the first time. MC goes to bed early to prevent getting sick per Dojima's orders, next day cuts to the auditorium and the announcement. Least that's the way the game did it.
Well JESUS, she died instantly. Probably got mudo'ed.

Meia

Well JESUS, she died instantly. Probably got mudo'ed.

Well, it wasn't foggy the day they go into the tv for the first time, so it was foggy that morning. Basically, it's the one scenario that never happens in game: Person gets thrown in after a few days of rain, and you know it's foggy tomorrow, so get your ass in gear NOW. When we found out about a new character for Golden, I had hoped it was going to be a scenario like this, with your party freaking the hell out.

Lemstar

I would have liked it more if they
locked Metis into your party like they SHOULD have. Was fun going through, not having her, then suddenly being forced to use a lv25 character. Grinding with two characters was not fun to try and make up for it.
I didn't think it was that bad since I
used her for the Conceited Maya fight
, although I can definitely see how 2-3 hours of mandatory grinding before the big event would be a gigantic buzzkill.

Meia

I didn't think it was that bad since I
used her for the Conceited Maya fight
, although I can definitely see how 2-3 hours of mandatory grinding before the big event would be a gigantic buzzkill.

It's why I still have never beaten the Answer. I kind of just stopped at that point and youtubed the rest. I couldn't get past the second of the three fights. :(

Had one of every element, personas were rocking and was in a great shape, all ready to conquer the challenge, and then they cut off a leg at the starting gate. :p

I'm diggin P1's story, I can see a fair few ideas used in the other games. Maybe I'll give Fire Emblem a break and get Innocent Sin since I'm still in Persona craze mode.

We need an Aigis sitcom.

The life and times of Aigis and the Shadow Operatives

I thought it was called Persona 3.

Screenshot_035_zps3a8bcd77.jpg

Sophia

Cannot unsee giraffe neck.

Yeah, she normally has a bow or tie around her neck. Labrys has a long one too.

A lot of P3's females' necks were really disproportionate. It's especially noticeable on Fuuka, Yukari in her choker and the above Aigis outfit though.

The ingame portraits exaggerate it for some reason Yukari's isn't nearly as long in Soejima's original drawing, for example.

We need an Aigis sitcom.

The life and times of Aigis and the Shadow Operatives

Would totally watch it!

A lot of P3's females' necks were really disproportionate. It's especially noticeable on Fuuka, Yukari in her choker and the above Aigis outfit though.

Hey Junpei doesn't escape it either, man.

Screenshot_037_zpsebef4ece.jpg

I figure the long necks were a design decision because they work better in their normal outfits. Of course that means when their necks are exposed they look bizarre as hell.

Dantis

The most amazing part of that Aigis picture is how much better Soejima has gotten at drawing. It's like night and day alongside the Arena portrait:

Also, Persona 5 in Famitsu tonight? IT COULD HAPPEN!

Dantis

WELL WHY NOT? :mad:

Also, the promo art is cool, but I can never decide how much I like Sogabe's stuff. I think it's maybe lacking in detail compared to Soejima's stuff?

Sophia

Sogabe's facial expressions are a bit different. But that's what I like about that one; the melancholy upon her face.

The most amazing part of that Aigis picture is how much better Soejima has gotten at drawing. It's like night and day alongside the Arena portrait:

Not denying he's got better or anything but I think I'd put it down more to stylistic choice. I mean this and this are concept art for Persona 3, no? P4 and Arena use bolder colours and have more detail (the hair for example). Though it does seem in the more recent art Aigis has rounder eyes, fuller lips and a more defined nose. I don't have the pics to compare Mitsuru and Akihiko so I'll have to have a look.

The promotional art of her in the classroom is really great too.
Gosh yes, I adore that one.

Also, the promo art is cool, but I can never decide how much I like Sogabe's stuff. I think it's maybe lacking in detail compared to Soejima's stuff?
Wait, what? That wasn't Soejima? What about the one where she's fighting against Yu?

Squire

Banned
Anything interesting?

That Assassin's Creed IV manga news is pretty funny.

Other than that, not really. Suda51 is doing some other minor creative collaboration and FFX HD has artwork to go with that new audio drama at the end. I caught the threads as they popped up last night. Couldn't sleep 'cause of the GiantBomb stuff. :(

Dantis

Not denying he's got better or anything but I think I'd put it down more to stylistic choice. I mean this and this are concept art for Persona 3, no?

Nope! The sketch is from 2007 and the digital painting is from 2010. Neither is concept work. The Aigis sketch is from a promotional phone card and the Aigis painting is from Soejima Artworks.

Wait, what? That wasn't Soejima? What about the one where she's fighting against Yu?

The only illustrations Soejima did for Arena were Yu vs Aigis, Yu on the art book cover, Yu and Izanagi for the arcade cover, Yu vs Labrys for the retail cover and Elizabeth vs Teddie for the preorder poster.Sogabe did four illustrations: Fuuka, Aigis, Labrys and Yu.

Magazine leaks came early this week.

Well, shit.

Also, I guess someone translated the Creator's diaries they did for P3P. I've only ever read them through Google Translate, so it's pretty nice to read a version that's actually legible. Some cool stuff in there too, like FeMC originally looking a like a female version of the male protagonist.

Hashino

Soejima

Meguro

Nope! The sketch is from 2007 and the digital painting is from 2010. Neither is concept work. The Aigis sketch is from a promotional phone card and the Aigis painting is from Soejima Artworks.

The only illustrations Soejima did for Arena were Yu vs Aigis, Yu on the art book cover, Yu and Izanagi for the arcade cover, Yu vs Labrys for the retail cover and Elizabeth vs Teddie for the preorder poster.Sogabe did four illustrations: Fuuka, Aigis, Labrys and Yu.

Well dang, I did not know that. There I was thinking they just threw concept/promo art into those books. Is this the same Sogabe who did the P3/4 manga?

Some cool stuff in there too, like FeMC originally looking a like a female version of the male protagonist.
I'm glad they didn't do this.

It's wierd that Soejima doesn't do all of the "official" game art; ya think it's to keep any changes over the years on point thru all media with all artists involved?

Meia

Alright, I fused a better persona for me. Can I fuse them for my team somehow? (P4 Golden)

No, your team is only ever locked to one Persona each. It can evolve later(reward for getting a link to rank 10), but it keeps the same moveset, and weaknesses for the most part. It's why the MC's persona upkeep is very important. :)

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Alright, I fused a better persona for me. Can I fuse them for my team somehow? (P4 Golden)

No. They always stay with the same persona.

No, your team is only ever locked to one Persona each. It can evolve later(reward for getting a link to rank 10), but it keeps the same moveset, and weaknesses for the most part. It's why the MC's persona upkeep is very important. :)

also this.

Lemstar

permanent price drop, not just a weekly sale

last persona franchise sale on PSN was 50% off everything, right? $10 sounds a lot more appealing than $20.

Young Magus

permanent price drop, not just a weekly sale

last persona franchise sale on PSN was 50% off everything, right? $10 sounds a lot more appealing than $20.

Correct :)

Already bought it for PSP.

When it came out.

I wish they could have just ported EP PSP to PSN...

ah well.

Well you can Double-Dip without feelin like scum.
Like me last year went the price dropped the 1st time.
Play it on the Vita with DAT FANCY OLED and whatnot :D

Dantis

Well dang, I did not know that. There I was thinking they just threw concept/promo art into those books. Is this the same Sogabe who did the P3/4 manga?

Yep, same Sogabe.

The art books are all concept, illustrations and promo art, with the exception of Arena. Soejima also draws a new cover image for each one.

It's wierd that Soejima doesn't do all of the "official" game art; ya think it's to keep any changes over the years on point thru all media with all artists involved?

He does the large majority. They've only gotten other artists to do preorder poster illustrations. I kind of feel like they must be slowing down production of P5 when they keep throwing him and Meguro on side projects. One of the most recent Soejima illustrations that I know of was for a jigsaw puzzle, which seems like a hilarious waste of time (Though I'm sure it will be repurposed onto other things).

p0021463442.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom