• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

I'm guessing a bit of both. Effective though!

No, it was neither. This was people being so honestly desperate, like kewlmyc said, that they're willing to trust a random person on Twitter for significant Persona related news when there is ABSOLUTELY NO basis to believe anything will come from it.

What he posted was a reference to a joke at Mr. Wizard's expense. People who were actually realistic and not expecting much didn't think much of the awkward situation it caused on stage.

Not to mention that he even made an additional Tweet specifically stating that he doesn't work for Atlus/ASW and to temper expectations.

Please excuse my ignorance of this subject, but I was looking up the date of TGS and neither Atlus or Index show up on the exhibitors list? Were people hoping it would be there, or just a reveal around that time?

Atlus does not go to TGS. What is known is that their recent announcements often coincide with the event.

No, it was neither. This was people being so honestly desperate, like kewlmyc said, that they're willing to trust a random person on Twitter for significant Persona related news when there is ABSOLUTELY NO basis to believe anything will come from it.

What he posted was a reference to a joke at Mr. Wizard's expense. People who were actually realistic and not expecting much didn't think much of the awkward situation it caused on stage.

Not to mention that he even made an additional Tweet specifically stating that he doesn't work for Atlus/ASW and to temper expectations.

Atlus does not go to TGS. What is known is that their recent announcements often coincide with the event.

I never thought it was gonna be anything, but what I ended up with is just hilarious.

Refyref

You think I'm going to buy that shit?

No chance, mate.

I am considering adding that and Ride To Hell: Retribution to my rental list though. ;)

Well, that's not as bad. You'd only be wasting your time instead of money.

But time is not a resource that should be wasted as well. :p

The animu pillow and figure are like the ultimate trollthings in this situation, absolutely perfect man.

Nocturne is like one of my favorite games of all time. Yes, hard is very rewarding, but do you plan on playing any other megaten games anytime soon?
DDS series and Strange Journey. SMT pinball doesn't look too bad either.

cjkeats

Well, I just realized the pillow at evo was of Leefa from SAO.
Leefa is voiced by my darling Ayana Taketatsu, who also voiced everyone's favourite accented robot Labrys.

So there's that Persona connection, I guess. lol

FluxWaveZ

Atlus goes to TGS, they piggybacked Sega and had a corner of their booth for their games last year.

I meant that they don't go there in any official capacity. They went to ASW's booth in 2011 to show off Persona 4 Arena and in 2010 they went to show off Catherine's at someone else's (I think it was Konami?), but they don't go there officially for any big announcements.

Daimaou

I meant that they don't go there in any official capacity. They went to ASW's booth in 2011 to show off Persona 4 Arena and in 2010 they went to show off Catherine's at someone else's (I think it was Konami?), but they don't go there officially for any big announcements.

Fair enough.

btkadams

so, i beat persona 4 golden around january of this year and absolutely loved it. i enjoyed the dungeon crawling and found it to be in perfect balance with the social links and other gameplay in the game.

now, i am nearing the end of persona 3 portable (mid-January). i am finding tartarus so tedious. the balance doesn't seem nearly as perfect as in p4g, but i understand that this may be because the non-tartarus stuff is basically sped up with the way that p3p is designed.

anyway, i am wondering what the first few persona games are like. i know that there aren't social links, but does the dungeon crawling feel as tedious/boring as it has in p3p (or moreso)? are there dungeon crawling segments like in p3/p4 that are broken up by other types of gameplay (minigames, social link-ish things, etc)?

Daimaou

so, i beat persona 4 golden around january of this year and absolutely loved it. i enjoyed the dungeon crawling and found it to be in perfect balance with the social links and other gameplay in the game.

now, i am nearing the end of persona 3 portable (mid-January). i am finding tartarus so tedious. the balance doesn't seem nearly as perfect as in p4g, but i understand that this may be because the non-tartarus stuff is basically sped up with the way that p3p is designed.

anyway, i am wondering what the first few persona games are like. i know that there aren't social links, but does the dungeon crawling feel as tedious/boring as it has in p3p (or moreso)? are there dungeon crawling segments like in p3/p4 that are broken up by other types of gameplay (minigames, social link-ish things, etc)?

The P1 and the P2 duology are very much standard JRPGs for their era, being dungeon crawls with exposition in between.

I can't really speak to how tedious they are since that's mostly relative. I didn't have a problem with them (and in fact still have a very strong affection for P1), but others in this thread may disagree with me.

P1 is pretty shit. P2 is much better although still quite tedious and repetitive.

Trigger

I don't know if all of the optimism is charming or depressing.

tumblr_mau0q111GR1r2x5qto1_500.png

Y'all goin about it all wrong. If you want it to come true you're supposed to spread a rumour about it.

Rumour: Persona 5 reveal in next Tuesday's Famitsu.
Detail: Every copy comes with a free anime figure and pillow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom