• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

HAY GUYZ U LIEK DIS ANNIE-MAY SHIT RITE, WELL HERE'S SOME FIGURE AND A BODY PILLOW FOR YAS..

PEECE OWT.

Was it actually a troll or is the guy just a dumbass?

This is basically how I took it. Nice others have a good sense of humor, I just took it as insulting for the sake of trying to be. /shrug

I... come on, guys

I don't think so. It was from the persona 4 arena community though cos wizard had promised at some point earlier jokingly that he'd only put persona on stream if they got him a binder full of waifus

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
NFRi6Gx.png

I.. where can I get the ability to summon cats from my head?

Dantis

So I just read some of Persona x Detective Naoto.

Man, it is really something. Assuming that this is actually a legit translation, and not some hilariously long fan fiction (I've only skim read it, so who knows?), it is proper shit.

On the plus side, I also came across this:

First time I've seen it in a large-ish format. Looks nice. Soejima's art is absolutely wasted on this turd.

Aw yeah, finally got my recording software working with PCXS2! That means PK and I can start our LP of FES soon!

Hey Jintor, you still up for doing our titlecard art? It's totally fine if you're not, considering I can't pay you much, but I can offer you a guest appearance on the show whenever you want as well as credit in every episode and a link to wherever people can go to see your work in every description.

Man, it is really something. Assuming that this is actually a legit translation, and not some hilariously long fan fiction (I've only skim read it, so who knows?), it is proper shit.

First time I've seen it in a large-ish format. Looks nice. Soejima's art is absolutely wasted on this turd.

I actually like Naoto's design in that, and bears a resemblance to Kyoji Kuzunoha, nice touch. Big shame its wasted in that.

Jintor

Aw yeah, finally got my recording software working with PCXS2! That means PK and I can start our LP of FES soon!

Hey Jintor, you still up for doing our titlecard art? It's totally fine if you're not, considering I can't pay you much, but I can offer you a guest appearance on the show whenever you want as well as credit in every episode and a link to wherever people can go to see your work in every description.

tell me what pk wants his duder to look like and i'll get to work in like a week after pax

cj_iwakura

From what I know of it, you're not wrong. It's character-destroying tripe. Worse than fan fiction.

Young Magus

.....You lost a bet or something?!

Also, quick update Nocturne LTTP in the works :D

Meia

Good thread. :)

Now if only SMT games had STORIES I may actually finish one someday. :p

BTW, I fucking HATE Nintendo. I just found out apparently that even though I used the tool to transfer everything on my old ambassador 3ds to my new 3ds XL, for some reason nothing ambassador wise transferred over, so I'm screwed. What a shit company. Can't wait for persona 5 exclusivity to be announced for it so I can jump off a damn bridge.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Checking back in here while on my first foray into Persona. Now about 18 hours into 4 Golden and loving it. Here's where I'm at, how far through the story am I?

I just defeated evil Teddie and saved the tofu girl.

Based on loving this I ordered Shin Megami Tensei IV. I have a lot to play... (Still have Fire Emblem too).

Young Magus

Good thread. :)

Now if only SMT games had STORIES I may actually finish one someday. :p

BTW, I fucking HATE Nintendo. I just found out apparently that even though I used the tool to transfer everything on my old ambassador 3ds to my new 3ds XL, for some reason nothing ambassador wise transferred over, so I'm screwed. What a shit company. Can't wait for persona 5 exclusivity to be announced for it so I can jump off a damn bridge.

Thanks Meia, and sorry to hear mang :(. If it makes you feel better Strange Journey might have a story you are looking for. (Can someone Confirm/Deny?)

Meia

Thanks Meia, and sorry to hear mang :(. If it makes you feel better Strange Journey might have a story you are looking for. (Can someone Confirm/Deny?)

Also have that one to get through eventually, but not before SMT 4 hits. I keep buying all these games, but I never find myself playing them. Have the DDS games as well.

Checking back in here while on my first foray into Persona. Now about 18 hours into 4 Golden and loving it. Here's where I'm at, how far through the story am I?

I just defeated evil Teddie and saved the tofu girl.

Based on loving this I ordered Shin Megami Tensei IV. I have a lot to play... (Still have Fire Emblem too).

As was said, 40% is a good estimation probably. It's tricky because the game can get quite a bit longer with different choices you make later.

Meia

You mean like SJ and SMTIV....Even Nocturne, while simple, had an interesting story. Maybe you mean living, well developed characters?

I think it's more of a matter of needing a narrative all throughout to keep my interest in a near 100 hour game, or however long they can be. Characters help this too I guess.

Like I said, I still have yet to beat a SMT game because of this, even after owning both Nocturne and Strange Journey. Going to give 4 a fair chance, and probably force my way through it if need be. Still, from what little I've seen, it doesn't tell you the story all within the first like 2 hours like Nocturne seemingly did. I liked Nocturne's premise, and what the characters were there for, but it doesn't mean I find it interesting enough to finish it. If I find myself asking "Why am I playing this" at any point in a narrative, I usually just stop. :(

I may be wrong, so forgive me if I am, but am I correct when I say that you find out your "purpose" in Nocturne in like the first 2 hours, and then the only "development" you get in terms of a plot after is just other characters making their case for you?

Marche90

Thanks to Aeana for showing me this.

Fucking marvelous.

EDIT: LOL, just noticed Dantis' quote in it. ROFL

wtf?

Try again later, and if they don't appear, contact Consumer Support.

Shitty that you have to do that, I know, accounts and everything, but you shouldn't lose the Ambassador certificate while doing that, and even if it happens, usually CS can fix that in a short time.

Meia

Fucking marvelous.

wtf?

Try again later, and if they don't appear, contact Consumer Support.

Shitty that you have to do that, I know, accounts and everything, but you shouldn't lose the Ambassador certificate while doing that, and even if it happens, usually CS can fix that in a short time.

You actually got me thinking. I don't have the Ambassador sticker either in terms of my downloads, but the store itself does have a download history, so may not be totally sunk yet.

Yep, still have everything. While the games themselves don't carry over, and you can't find them on the e-shop anymore, one of the things that does carry over is your e-shop account itself, and it has the download history. Was wondering why the "shop" itself transferred when you do the process, guess this was why.

Was fun finding out how I did. Put all those games into folders, and the folders carried over, but didn't notice til tonight that they were empty. :p

Soriku

I may be wrong, so forgive me if I am, but am I correct when I say that you find out your "purpose" in Nocturne in like the first 2 hours, and then the only "development" you get in terms of a plot after is just other characters making their case for you?

If you keep going through the Labyrinth of Amala the Lady in Black will tell you more about the story through cutscenes after each Kalpa. Those parts are interesting. Nocturne certainly isn't story/cutscene heavy as Persona though.

Meia

I always associate Pixie with Elizabeth more. Something just tickles me when I see her summon a pixie to drop a 9999 Megidolaon. :p

Besides, Pixie is best demon/persona.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom