• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
literally the Most Important Thing about p5 is if Halphas will be a persona or not
i want to see my bird bro in polygons
even if they are low grade 3ds polygons

Meia

I said it there, I'll say it again, that Arahabaki was preeeeeetty tempting...

Persona 5 will BE a hotsprings scene!

Persona 5 will be a game not unlike Final Fantasy X-2, with a cast consisting of Aigis, Labrys, and the robo-girl-motorcycle from the Naoto novel. It is up to you to rescue newly activated robot girls before they are short-circuited wondering what it's all for, and the reward for doing this isn't new party members, but another NPC that they become at your new headquarters, the Amagi's Inn hotsprings. Yukiko will not guest star.

Aw man, I finally get a chance to play Arena again and I'm rusty as hell. DANG IT ALL and I thought I was just getting the hang of it. Guess now is as good a time as any to attempt to learn those combo thingies.

Trigger

Persona 5 will be a game not unlike Final Fantasy X-2, with a cast consisting of Aigis, Labrys, and the robo-girl-motorcycle from the Naoto novel. It is up to you to rescue newly activated robot girls before they are short-circuited wondering what it's all for, and the reward for doing this isn't new party members, but another NPC that they become at your new headquarters, the Amagi's Inn hotsprings. Yukiko will not guest star.

No sale!

Squire

Banned
DDS's story is done.

Raidou 3.

Let's do this.

My man.
I haven't even played the games though.

Persona 5 will be a game not unlike Final Fantasy X-2, with a cast consisting of Aigis, Labrys, and the robo-girl-motorcycle from the Naoto novel. It is up to you to rescue newly activated robot girls before they are short-circuited wondering what it's all for, and the reward for doing this isn't new party members, but another NPC that they become at your new headquarters, the Amagi's Inn hotsprings. Yukiko will guest star.

Would buy day zero.

But we all know P5 is an idol management sim starring Rise and the other P4 girls, anyway.

Sophia

Project x Zone sequel made by the main SRW team instead of a shitty spinoff Monolithsoft Team. Includes Atlus characters. KOS-MOS, Mega Man, Aigis, and Miku fight alongside each other for the first time!

What? I like to daydream. >_>

Nah, it'll be set in a high school/dorm spaceship called the Red Homunculus. There'll be a robot, a catgirl and a vocaloid hologram as party members. Social links include a toaster, a vending machine a tsundere death ray.

Trigger

Nah, it'll be set in a high school/dorm spaceship called the Red Homunculus. There'll be a robot, a catgirl and a vocaloid hologram as party members. Social links include a toaster, a vending machine a tsundere death ray.

Toaster-senpai starts off pretty cool, but warms up to you later.

Meia

Any chance of removing the death ray for a shark?

tumblr_mhke0oV9wd1qchk7do1_400.gif

kewlmyc

Sounds like the setting to a light novel. PERFECT. Throw in a little sister who loves you and otaku will eat it up.

....I hate you for saying that.

Trigger

Would you guys want the soundtrack of P5 to be like P2, P3, or P4? (Or Catherine? Fav songs?)

(P3 or Catherine for me)

Catherine's soundtrack is amazing. It got me into more traditional classical music. I wouldn't mind if P5 took notes from its more mature and foreboding tone.

Squire

Banned
I like the upbeat J-pop stuff. I like classical and jazz, too though. They can make that work fine in Persona. Depends on the tone.

I trust in Meguro.

Meia

P4 is also my favorite, but it's just most important the soundtrack fits the tone of the game. Basically asking what soundtrack you want is the same as asking what tone you want. :p

cj_iwakura

This is no small claim coming from me: SMTIV is the most brutal SMT I've ever played, at least certainly tutorial wise. You gon' die. A lot.

Sophia

That's because robots can't feel pain.

I am perfectly capable of experiencing a wide variety of pains, as well as able to simulate the experience of all the missing pains be they physical, metal, or emotional.

I just happen to be a masochist when it comes to certain video games. :p

Meia

This is no small claim coming from me: SMTIV is the most brutal SMT I've ever played, at least certainly tutorial wise. You gon' die. A lot.

So.

I did fine the first battle(almost died). Second battle was the auto convo battle I guess.

Third battle I got one shot. By a lv1 demon. Think about that.

So I continue, and get into the same fight again, to the same end. After raging, I'm able to get a few more demons on my side, discovered the wonder that is how you get skills in this game on the MC, get to the goal, MC gets one shot AGAIN, able to finish the battle luckily as two of the demons I have used the things weakness, and limp out of the dungeon with the MC and the first demon recruited alive.

Holy crap.

Squire

Banned
I am perfectly capable of experiencing a wide variety of pains, as well as able to simulate the experience of all the missing pains be they physical, metal, or emotional.

I just happen to be a masochist when it comes to certain video games. :p

Read this in Aigis' voice. Well done. You can write all the dialog in the Aigis TPS! :D

Sophia

Read this in Aigis' voice. Well done. You can write all the dialog in the Aigis TPS! :D

I am not quite certain if I possess all the necessary qualifications needed to write such dialogue. However I do feel honored that my role-playing capabilities are above standard according to your own assessment.

Squire

Banned
I am not quite certain if I possess all the necessary qualifications needed to write such dialogue. However I do feel honored that my role-playing capabilities are above standard according to your own assessment.

They really are!

Also, I can't believe I misspelled "dialogue". :'(

cj_iwakura

Sounds amazing, still salty it's on 3ds.

This game could easily be on consoles, PS2-esque graphics aside, and I think it would look wonderful. I hope it happens. The graphics aren't anything to write home about, but style goes a long way, and SMTIV has that in spades.

someone help me im dying of laughter here

*snrrk*

"Imma one-shot you now"

I was 3 deaths in wondering if this was adjusting players to dying like bitches early, or it was them forcing a meet-up with Charon and his mechanics, or if the goddamn MATADOR was loose in the first dungeon as random battles. :O

cj_iwakura

And here I thought people were exaggerating when they were calling SMT IV difficult .

I had a feeling it wasn't an exaggeration, seasoned players were saying they were getting reamed in the Japanese demo.

Great use of SMT1 music so far. Can't wait to hear some Ginza or Arcade Street(hopefully).

I also really dig the cutscene style, and the portrait zoom in/zoom out effect. UI is so slick.

And the music is fantastic too. This guy's really living up to Meguro's rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom