• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
HMMMM.

Just saying, it could be bad. Rather than "We're showing P5 next week", it could be "P5 has been cancelled.".

Just saying.

tumblr_mau0q111GR1r2x5qto1_500.png

Sophia

I think we're about about due for a real trailer, right? I hope so, at least!

I'm think that too. The twitter made it pretty clear it was gonna be a big trailer, so I'm expecting a full eight minute one or something.

Next week is gonna be exciting, at any rate.

Dantis

We should make an avatar bet on it.

*cough*

We're laughing about this now right?

I'm think that too. The twitter made it pretty clear it was gonna be a big trailer, so I'm expecting a full eight minute one or something.

Next week is gonna be exciting, at any rate.

The most exciting part is the likelihood of new Meguro music. To quote Mitsuru "I CAN HARDLY WAIT!"

kewlmyc

There's suppose to be a big update to the Persona 3 movie next week too, according to the movie's official twitter. Hrm...

Since the movie(s) are being done by Aniplex, they might get worldwide releases like the Madoka movies.

Edit: lol @ ScraftyDevil and Meia

Lunar15

It could also be something about SMTxFE... Just sayin'.

News coming last minute and out of the blue just screams Nintendo's involvement.

Squire

Banned
It could be a delay, but what would he be nervous about? That would be a delay in work on his end. The tweets indicate something is ramping up.

Still, I fully admit to over analyzing. Nobody make a thread for this.

Dantis

Until I see it again or hear it officially mentioned, I think SMT x FE was cancelled/is in limbo.

It was mentioned the other day by the Fire Emblem guy, I believe.

Even so, I don't think anyone from the Persona team will be involved. At best, we'll get Hashino on production. More likely it'll be the SMT4 team, and that's assuming Atlus is even involved in the core development at all.

Squire

Banned
Does anyone really want SMT x FE anyway? It still seems like such an odd pairing.

It's weird. It's another example of one of these incredibly niche games Nintendo has on the system despite the fact it's floundering.

SMT and Bayonetta are great. Neither is going to help the system's prospects. And both will bomb.

Squire

Banned
If they announce Persona 5 next week you guys each owe me a million dollars.

I'll give you something out of this coupon book my mom gave me recently. We'll get burgers or something.

We should go to Five Guys Burgers and Fries.

Because it's Persona Five.

I'm not believing anything because if nothing happens I won't be let down. Considering how worked up people seem to get over Famitsu and how nothing happened yet my strategy worked pretty damn well so far :p

FluxWaveZ

So, getting this straight:

- Atlus US PR man experienced an unexpected and significant turn of events that we may or may not one day know of.
- The Persona 3 Movie's official Twitter account stated that there would be an update concerning the movie next week.

Sounds good. At least the latter is something definite.

Edit: Wait, but I don't even see anything on the P3Movie Twitter account.

PK Gaming

I'll give you something out of this coupon book my mom gave me recently. We'll get burgers or something.

We should go to Five Guys Burgers and Fries.

Because it's Persona Five.

Up until now, I haven't let myself get sucked into the "we're getting P5 soon hype train!"

Until now.

I think I'm dancing with Death here.

You took my favorite character and my favorite Persona and dressed them both in a ballerina outfit.

...and it looks amazing.

Sophia

Edit: Wait, but I don't even see anything on the P3Movie Twitter account.

劇場版「ペルソナ3」 ‏@P3movie 22 Jun

今夜は満月、しかもスーパームーン※最も地球と月の距離が近い=月が大きく見える、らしいですね!しかし残念ながら今回は大きな更新情報はありません。次回の満月で大更新の予定なので、どうぞお楽しみに(⌒▽⌒) (A立P) #P3_M

Last line. "Because it is planned for a large update at the next full moon, please look forward to it."

The full moon is next week; July 22nd.

Marche90

Let it never be said that any of you are bad artists, because you've all got skill and can actually draw unlike me.

:(

Does anyone really want SMT x FE anyway? It still seems like such an odd pairing.

You know it!

I still do, man. Love FE and SMT is my favorite franchise currently, so...
Oh! and forgot to adress this before, but it seems that Atlus is handling actual development duties. I wonder if they'll say something before the end of the year.

It's weird. It's another example of one of these incredibly niche games Nintendo has on the system despite the fact it's floundering.

SMT and Bayonetta are great. Neither is going to help the system's prospects. And both will bomb.

I agree that they aren't great system sellers (SMT more so than Bayonetta), but that doesn't automatically mean that they will bomb. I'm hoping to see good numbers for SMTIV, actually, even if it doesn't chart in the NPD numbers next month. Let's see how the first one fares before jumping to conclusions.

Squire

Banned
I don't really think it's a stretch by any margin to say SMTIV, SMT x FE, and Bayonetta 2 will all bomb.

In fact, I forgot to mention Wonderful 101. That's going down in flames as well.

Anyway, P5 is a high school dating sim with Namco characters. Sorry guys.

Sophia

I don't really think it's a stretch by any margin to say SMTIV, SMT x FE, and Bayonetta 2 will all bomb.

In fact, I forgot to mention Wonderful 101. That's going down in flames as well.

Anyway, P5 is a high school dating sim with Namco characters. Sorry guys.

SMT IV will do okay. I suspect it's budget was minimal because it originally began as a remake of SMT 1. Bayonetta 2 has a decent shot as well.

SMT x FE and Wonderful 101 are totally screwed despite how much I want the later to succeed. :(

Marche90

Since when Atlus' games needs to sell that many copies?

Anyway, we'll see how it fares next month, since I sill can't see the future, and I doubt that you can too ;). I'm willing to bet my avatar in the case that SMTIV bombs.

Just saw the Namco dating sim. 'Odd' it's the only word I have for that.

Meia

Since when Atlus' games needs to sell that many copies?

Anyway, we'll see how it fares next month, since I sill can't see the future, and I doubt that you can too ;). I'm willing to bet my avatar in the case that SMTIV bombs.

Just saw the Namco dating sim. 'Odd' it's the only word I have for that.

Just need Namco to buy Altus so we'll get Atlus High.

cj_iwakura

SMT IV will do okay. I suspect it's budget was minimal because it originally began as a remake of SMT 1.

I never heard this. Source?
(I would like to play that one day for sure.)

Also, I bet you all would love Isabeau's original design in the art book. It's really interesting. A lot more tribal.

Sophia

I never heard this. Source?
(I would like to play that one day for sure.)

It's not a source. It's my own speculation based off the fact that "Shin Megami Tensei" was on the original Nintendo 3DS game list combined with how amazingly similar the game is to SMT 1.

cj_iwakura

It's not a source. It's my own speculation based off the fact that "Shin Megami Tensei" was on the original Nintendo 3DS game list combined with how amazingly similar the game is to SMT 1.

Well, it does have the best story in the series, may as well copy the best.
(I looove Nocturne, don't get me wrong, but SMT1's story is amazing.)

Sophia

Well, it does have the best story in the series, may as well copy the best.
(I looove Nocturne, don't get me wrong, but SMT1's story is amazing.)

Almost everything in that original list has come true, I might add. The only thing that didn't was the Persona title.

Nocturne puts a lot more emphasis on story choices. It's one of the only games that does multiple endings right.

cj_iwakura

^Nocturne's story is very minimalistic, so it's not surprising at all.

SMT1's kind of is too, but 1 does arguably have more NPCs and dialogue. (Scarily enough.)

What little story Nocturne does have is full of subtext and layers, so there's that appeal for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom