• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meia

Who doesn't spend a half hour in a create-a-character screen when the option presents itself?

CHARACTER CREATOR IN P5 PLZ.

Soma

Who doesn't spend a half hour in a create-a-character screen when the option presents itself?

CHARACTER CREATOR IN P5 PLZ.

Man I spend that long just thinking of a name for my characters. :(

I would welcome the idea of some sort of character customization though.

Soriku

Don't want a character creator. Even if the protagonists are silent, their preset designs still give them some personality.

Sophia

Either go full character creation, or go full on Persona 2 style. Male / Female Protagonist, selectable at the start, whoever you don't select has a default name and full dialogue. :p

FYExW5f.jpg

f6MMI4L.png

7eeoCW5.png

Please consider looking into it❤

Meia

It doesn't even have to be something outrageous. Characters in the Persona games(modern ones, so if 5 is still going in this direction, fine, if not, then this idea is invalid) kind of jazz up their own school uniforms in different ways.

Why not have a system where you have 1 of like 30 different things you can do to a uniform, even allowing some mixing and matching? Not that I didn't mind the 4 MC with the popped collars, but cmon, some way to jazz it up could have been neat.

Hey, you can even add other things to customize with as you play. Some of the max rank Slinks items could easily be used as decoration.

In terms of MC personality, that comes out more in the types of choices your given when you can actually input something anyway. Hell, wasn't some of Makoto's "..."?

Sophia

I must admit, the idea of being able to customize your uniform + casual summer/winter appearance seems appealing. I am in no way biased due to my love of shopping for clothes however...

Soriku

I don't mind either way, but what could have more personality than a character you create yourself?

It depends but I personally prefer preset characters. Just talking about SMT, characters like Minato (or whatever his anime name is), Yu, Demifiend, Raidou, Serph, etc. are way cooler than any character I've created myself.

pirata

Does this mean that Atlus for sure is going to be sold to another publisher?

EDIT: I just saw the Destructoid article. God, I hope Atlus doesn't get hosed.

Squire

Banned
It depends but I personally prefer preset characters. Just talking about SMT, characters like Minato (or whatever his anime name is), Yu, Demifiend, Raidou, Serph, etc. are way cooler than any character I've created myself.

I can see that. I'd say the same for myself, to be honest.

Dantis

Man, Catherine is real good. It's so well made for a low-budget game. Art and sound direction are off the charts. Script is really amazing. The visuals have aged exceptionally well. Gameplay is still incredibly solid. Forgot how great the soundtrack is (It's one of the only Meguro CDs I don't own). Acting feels better than Persona 4, though it's hard to say how much of that is the fully animated scenes as opposed to the weird P4 scenes.

I've played through it something like five times before now, but it still amazes me.

I think the wait for Persona 5 is making me a bit crazy. Still waiting for that magical, magical Tuesday.

Persona 5 will come out on the PS3, will be digital-only, and will be F2P.

Spend real life money to get demons and to progress through the story!

I just need to see something, man. SOMETHING.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Squire

Banned
Persona 5 will come out on the PS3, will be digital-only, and will be F2P.

Spend real life money to get demons and to progress through the story!

Atlus will be purchased by Namco.

Dantis said:
I think the wait for Persona 5 is making me a bit crazy. Still waiting for that magical, magical Tuesday.

But what if it's a Thursday?

Dantis

Atlus will be purchased by Namco.

But what if it's a Thursday?

Better Namco than Sega. I feel like either company would result in some manner of crossover, and I just fucking know that Sega would put a Miku thing somewhere in there.

Thursday is fine.

This Thursday.

Squire

Banned
Better Namco than Sega. I feel like either company would result in some manner of crossover, and I just fucking know that Sega would put a Miku thing somewhere in there.

Thursday is fine.

This Thursday.

Haha, I think it's funny you're more worried about Sega than Namco. The latter has a much bigger investment into idols.

I don't think it'd be Sega anyway, though. Sammy would buy Atlus and then it would become Sega's sister company as opposed to a subsidiary.

But as stated in the Atlus thread on the front page, Sega is already bleeding money, so Sammy probably doesn't want another company that's doing the same.

I still want VF6 though.

Foshy

Hey PersonaGAF!

Not sure if I already presented myself here or just in the P4G OT, but here goes. I played P4G a few months ago when it was released in Europe and absolutely loved it even though I'm usually not a big fan of JRPGs. Started P3P after that, but that didn't manage to hold my interest for too long, mainly because of the lack of freely explorable 3D world. I might get P3FES somewhere down the line to play that one.

Anyway, I just finished remixing I'll Face Myself today, tell me what you think :) It's been a while since I last did a VGM remix, so I just went all out on this one and put some odd ideas in.

https://soundcloud.com/maumaumusic/persona-4-ill-face-myself

Taruranto

Meh, Miku is shit, but it's not like she wouldn't fit in at this point, taking Arena and The Golden addictions in considerations

That said Namco would be a decent choice, i guess.

Trigger

Hey PersonaGAF!

Not sure if I already presented myself here or just in the P4G OT, but here goes. I played P4G a few months ago when it was released in Europe and absolutely loved it even though I'm usually not a big fan of JRPGs. Started P3P after that, but that didn't manage to hold my interest for too long, mainly because of the lack of freely explorable 3D world. I might get P3FES somewhere down the line to play that one.

Anyway, I just finished remixing I'll Face Myself today, tell me what you think :) It's been a while since I last did a VGM remix, so I just went all out on this one and put some odd ideas in.

If I was a giant multicolored stripper I would dance to this.

Dantis

Meh, Miku is shit, but it's not like she wouldn't fit in at this point, taking Arena and The Golden addictions in considerations

That said Namco would be a decent choice, i guess.

I'm assuming that because Golden and Arena weren't really the Persona team, their new direction isn't indicative of the series as a whole. P3P and Catherine both had none of that shit.

As far as Sega vs Namco, I know Namco does Idolmaster, but Sega puts Miku everywhere.

Regardless of who picks them up though, I don't want any crappy tie ins, particularly not with idols.

Hey PersonaGAF!

This is cool. Well done!

Atlus to be bought by Nippon Ham confirmed.

at least then we'd be spared any more dumb "oh my gosh i can't believe you are A Girl Who Is Bad At Cooking!!!" scenes because obviously you can't go wrong with the superior ingredients from Nippon Ham, available at your local grocer.

Oh what's this?

Persona 2 Innocent Sin Keychain :D I wanted Eikichi or Lisa and I got my favorite Cantonese spouting, hamburger eating love vixen <3

6wq8Akq.jpg

Bonus SMT collection with newly added Lisa awesomeness.

pnHnrH7.jpg

Also decided to get the Japanese version of Eternal Punishment PSP (cuz we're never getting it anyway and I know the game like the back of my hand) and a Kanji figure from Arena (which sold out right after I placed my order).

Random comment about being hyped for Persona 5 here.

Young Magus

Oh what's this?

Persona 2 Innocent Sin Keychain :D I wanted Eikichi or Lisa and I got my favorite Cantonese spouting, hamburger eating love vixen <3

6wq8Akq.jpg

Bonus SMT collection with newly added Lisa awesomeness.

pnHnrH7.jpg

Also decided to get the Japanese version of Eternal Punishment PSP (cuz we're never getting it anyway and I know the game like the back of my hand) and a Kanji figure from Arena (which sold out right after I placed my order).

Random comment about being hyped for Persona 5 here.

Your collection is a work of art my friend.......
Beautiful...just beautiful

cj_iwakura

Someone here named DigitalDevil(I think) had a collector's edition of If PS1 that was just gorgeous.

Dantis: have you gotten all eight endings? I finished the trophies, and True Cheater is still just amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom