• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

Not much different from people asking Sony to buy them. It's just to prop up their favorite console maker, that's all.

Sure, but I point out Nintendo specifically not only because they're the first result in that poll, but because I see way more "Nintendo, please buy Atlus" sentiments on message boards than I do for Sony.

Dantis

Not much different from people asking Sony to buy them. It's just to prop up their favorite console maker, that's all.

I feel like it would be objectively worse if Nintendo bought them though, due to their region locking and staggered releases and habit of straight up not bringing games over.

Samyy

I feel like it would be objectively worse if Nintendo bought them though, due to their region locking and staggered releases and habit of straight up not bringing games over.

I feel like the franchises Atlus owns might be too small for Sony to consider a straight up purchase.

Though I hope they've noticed P4G's sales and are actively working on getting an iteration of P5 on the Vita, either as a rerelease like P4G or a crossbuy type deal.

I can't wait to watch. I love a good LP, more so if the people on the recording end have anything resembling a sense of humor :D

I also cannot wait for this LP, Bring it on!

Thanks, guys :D

I hope you like 'Nam, because it gets mentioned approximately 400 times in the first few episodes.

sorry i haven't made your thingy yet, but i'm down in melbourne atm and everything technological is kind of regealated to a tablet and a shitty laptop that can't keep up with the pace of my typing

No worries, dude. We're not posting them online until they're polished, so you can take as much time as you need (especially since you're doing us a charity).

From the guys that brought you

The Audacious Kinshiro Morooka & Persona 3 Junpei

http://media.tumblr.com/e2b2911383832f4b4195bf23faaf9171/tumblr_inline_mq7rswEtkt1qz4rgp.jpg[img]

[spoiler]I'm done with these, I swear[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7lj9qI8VFc#t=20m59s[/url]

back to the "who's buying Atlus" topic

Personally I don't want any of the big console makers to buy them because then they'd have to change their business strategy of making games on multiple platforms. It'd be restrictive. I can't really think of any one company who I want to buy Atlus, but I can think of a few I don't. First party ones being on top of the list.

Lunar15

It's entirely possible that another large media company, like Index, could buy Atlus. Given Atlus' structure as a publisher, I feel it would be weird for another publisher, like Nintendo or Sony, to outright buy them.

Also, I have a feeling they're not going to get sold.

On an unrelated note: I have so many errands I need to get done, but I can't turn away from SMT IV! What a fantastic game. Atlus puts so much care into their games, it makes the wait for P5 that much more unbearable.

Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft shouldnt even think about getting Atlus. A game like Catherine wouldnt survive on one console alone. A game like Persona/SMT wouldnt sell well on the WiiU but would sell like crazy on 3DS. But after a few titles on 3DS the demand of a console Persona/SMT would be high but i doubt Nintendo would let them do what they want in the console version. But on the other hand. A Earthbound by the Persona team would be interesting.
Then Microsoft. Microsoft doesnt have any big RPG in their pipeline. What would that mean? Dudebro Persona. Nobody wants that.
Then Sony. Sony doesnt have any big RPG-exclusive in the pipeline either. Sony would be interested in it the most because they lost the FF exclusivity this gen. A Legend of Dragoon 2 from Atlus would be interesting too.

Sega buying Atlus? Would be the best outcome.

Dantis

So, I'm really not digging the SMT4 soundtrack. More than not enjoying it, I find myself actively disliking a lot of it. I think I'll be turning the sound down when I rent it later this year.

Also, I hope you're all ready for the inevitable Persona 5 reveal the day after tomorrow.

Absolutely not. Ignoring the fact that Sega is a sinking ship, the vocaloid crossover stuff would be a killer for me.

Meia

Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft shouldnt even think about getting Atlus. A game like Catherine wouldnt survive on one console alone. A game like Persona/SMT wouldnt sell well on the WiiU but would sell like crazy on 3DS. But after a few titles on 3DS the demand of a console Persona/SMT would be high but i doubt Nintendo would let them do what they want in the console version. But on the other hand. A Earthbound by the Persona team would be interesting.
Then Microsoft. Microsoft doesnt have any big RPG in their pipeline. What would that mean? Dudebro Persona. Nobody wants that.
Then Sony. Sony doesnt have any big RPG-exclusive in the pipeline either. Sony would be interested in it the most because they lost the FF exclusivity this gen. A Legend of Dragoon 2 from Atlus would be interesting too.

The same company that still hasn't released Phantasy Star Online 2 over here is the "best" outcome? We're ALL screwed then, aren't we?

PK Gaming

So, I'm really not digging the SMT4 soundtrack. More than not enjoying it, I find myself actively disliking a lot of it. I think I'll be turning the sound down when I rent it later this year.

Also, I hope you're all ready for the inevitable Persona 5 reveal the day after tomorrow.

Absolutely not. Ignoring the fact that Sega is a sinking ship, the vocaloid crossover stuff would be a killer for me.

todo_p2_1554.jpg

Lunar15

It's like the concept of a sponsor, not a buyout, is foreign to you all. =p

There's just been a lot of misinformation flying around. I don't think it's that people don't know what a sponsor is, it's just that most people have heard "index bankruptcy" and then all of the rumors and stories that have been flying around it.

Also, Persona fans always live for the fabled "next tuesday."

Squire

Banned

Sega is unprofitable. Most companies are, they just have a bigger issue with it. That and actually dying are different things.

Sega wouldn't buy them, Sammy would. And yes, that'd likely be a great outcome.

Sophia

Wall o shame time, as we haven't had one awhile I think?

#. User Name - Posts
1. Inorigo - 278
2. Meia - 186
3. Sophia - 178
4. ScraftyDevil - 174
5. Dantis - 168
6. Trigger - 165
7. buddha0991 - 127
8. cj_iwakura - 113
9. jello44 - 97
10.CrazyTank940 - 93

Let it never be said I post alot ever again. >_>

Levito

Banned
The finals were on the day I left, saw a bit of the KOF stuff, but that's it.

Armada said Dacidbro is coming back on the 'cast to discuss it. :)

#. User Name - Posts
1. Inorigo - 278
2. Meia - 186
3. Sophia - 178
4. ScraftyDevil - 174
5. Dantis - 168
6. Trigger - 165
7. buddha0991 - 127
8. cj_iwakura - 113
9. jello44 - 97
10.CrazyTank940 - 93

I'm catching up, Sophia. Watch yo' back.

Also I find it hilarious that 2 of the current top 5 are latecomers to the previous thread >_>

Trigger

#. User Name - Posts
1. Inorigo - 278
2. Meia - 186
3. Sophia - 178
4. ScraftyDevil - 174
5. Dantis - 168
6. Trigger - 165
7. buddha0991 - 127
8. cj_iwakura - 113
9. jello44 - 97
10.CrazyTank940 - 93

Inorigo and Meia have become robots it's the only explanation.

Also: #6? Too low.

Meia

#. User Name - Posts
1. Inorigo - 278
2. Meia - 186
3. Sophia - 178
4. ScraftyDevil - 174
5. Dantis - 168
6. Trigger - 165
7. buddha0991 - 127
8. cj_iwakura - 113
9. jello44 - 97
10.CrazyTank940 - 93

>>

Also I find it hilarious that 2 of the current top 5 are latecomers to the previous thread >_>

<<

*runs*

Pacific Rim was freaking AWESOME.

Squire

Banned

#. User Name - Posts
1. Inorigo - 278
2. Meia - 186
3. Sophia - 178
4. ScraftyDevil - 174
5. Dantis - 168
6. Trigger - 165
7. buddha0991 - 127
8. cj_iwakura - 113
9. jello44 - 97
10.CrazyTank940 - 93

Why u gotta put me on blast tho? XD

#. User Name - Posts
1. Inorigo - 278
2. Meia - 186
3. Sophia - 178
4. ScraftyDevil - 174
5. Dantis - 168
6. Trigger - 165
7. buddha0991 - 127
8. cj_iwakura - 113
9. jello44 - 97
10.CrazyTank940 - 93

Only at number 10? Man I'm slipping lol

Also welcome back Levito

Sophia

Why u gotta put me on blast tho? XD

I wanted to demonstrate the difference between a robot who has self-control when she posts and someone who is out of control! :)

Oh believe me. If I wanted to catch Inorigo I could easily. I never run out of stuff to talk about. :D

Young Magus

#. User Name - Posts
1. Inorigo - 278
2. Meia - 186
3. Sophia - 178
4. ScraftyDevil - 174
5. Dantis - 168
6. Trigger - 165
7. buddha0991 - 127
8. cj_iwakura - 113
9. jello44 - 97
10.CrazyTank940 - 93

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wonder where am I in the whole ranking?

Squire

Banned
I wanted to demonstrate the difference between a robot who has self-control when she posts and someone who is out of control! :)

Oh believe me. If I wanted to catch Inorigo I could easily. I never run out of stuff to talk about. :D

I have no retrains! It's true!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom