• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

Someone here named DigitalDevil(I think) had a collector's edition of If PS1 that was just gorgeous.

Dantis: have you gotten all eight endings? I finished the trophies, and True Cheater is still just amazing.

I've gotten True Lover and Normal Cheater on PS3, then True Freedom and True Cheater on 360. I screwed up, because I've finished it five times, but I got a repeat ending.

True Cheater is really weird. True Lovers is pretty much the 'Persona' ending, so that's the one I like the most, haha.

I've said it before, but to me, Catherine feels like the Persona team's work condensed to its purest form. I've always said that they're really talented at making use of what they've got, and Catherine is exactly that. It's this beautiful looking, beautiful sounding, wonderfully written, deep complex game. It's also a game about climbing a wall of falling blocks.

But it's more than that, because like, Meguro's sound is all about how he throws around these melodies alongside classical and rock influences, and that's exactly what the soundtrack is. And then you kind of have influences from everything else he's done, with Yo and with It's A Golden Show and Battle on Stage and Obelisk.

And then you have Soejima, who has at this point pretty much discarded all influence he drew from Kaneko, and is just doing his own thing all together now, and creating the coolest fucking art in videogames. I feel like games often don't succeed at creating actually stylish characters and Catherine excels at it. If Persona 5 looks this good, then it will be glorious.

When I played The Last of Us, it made me reflect back on this generation (And how LoU is better than all of it), and it got me thinking about the highlights of the generation for me, and I remember specifically thinking that Catherine probably wouldn't be in my top 5. Thinking on it having just played it again, I think it's just that the last two years have made me really cynical towards a lot of Persona stuff and how much I like this team's work.

Hmm. It's good stuff.

Also, I've been getting the gold trophies for Normal tonight. Three more to go!

That's a mighty fine collection there. You get the Rai-ho plushie?

Man, Catherine is real good. It's so well made for a low-budget game. Art and sound direction are off the charts. Script is really amazing. The visuals have aged exceptionally well. Gameplay is still incredibly solid. Forgot how great the soundtrack is (It's one of the only Meguro CDs I don't own). Acting feels better than Persona 4, though it's hard to say how much of that is the fully animated scenes as opposed to the weird P4 scenes.

I've played through it something like five times before now, but it still amazes me.

I think the wait for Persona 5 is making me a bit crazy. Still waiting for that magical, magical Tuesday.

I just need to see something, man. SOMETHING.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

For cereal, they need a light touch. Would a financially successful, critic-pleasing wierd-ass mash-up WTF-fest like Catherine come from the heavy hand of a board fixated on the fake safety of metrics soothsaying or the run 'em and dump 'em investors who only know what worked for someone else and want their money going towards taking on the champ at his game, on his terms, on his turf?

cj_iwakura

That's something I wish I owned a hard copy of, I have a digital copy of EP PSP.

Only thing I have that you don't is SMT Devil Summoner and Soul Hackers for the Saturn(and DemiKids light/dark), but you have If and SMT1, so I think you win. :p
(I also don't own the JP Persona 1, just Innocent Sin, which I imported for the patch.)

Oh what's this?

Persona 2 Innocent Sin Keychain :D I wanted Eikichi or Lisa and I got my favorite Cantonese spouting, hamburger eating love vixen <3

6wq8Akq.jpg

Bonus SMT collection with newly added Lisa awesomeness.

pnHnrH7.jpg

Also decided to get the Japanese version of Eternal Punishment PSP (cuz we're never getting it anyway and I know the game like the back of my hand) and a Kanji figure from Arena (which sold out right after I placed my order).

Random comment about being hyped for Persona 5 here.

It's......it's beautiful....

cj_iwakura

Tokyo is so amazing in SMTIV. Atlus went above and beyond. The biggest shame is that this was resigned to a handheld, but damn if they don't make it work.

Meia

I agree with this.

The Answer made his whole thing seem more understandable, and we know he gets a lot of hate for what happened that fateful night, but yet even ignoring that, there just isn't much to him. Speaking like an adult to become an adult faster, drinking milk, all that? Just kind of meh to me. Honestly, Naoto kind of did that whole thing better.

Honestly, the problem I have with him is much the same problem I have with Koro: In an already strong cast of characters, I have a hard time justifying their existence.

Sophia

Koro totally justifies his existence tho by being a badass Shia Inu and reference to the original Shin Megami Tensei. And did I mention he's a badass? :D

I may or may not be biased, being the animal lover that I am. >_>;

Squire

Banned
Koro totally justifies his existence tho by being a badass Shia Inu and reference to the original Shin Megami Tensei. And did I mention he's a badass? :D

I may or may not be biased, being the animal lover that I am. >_>;

Can you understand what he says?

PK Gaming

Ditto

Its a little rough around the edges, but with a little work and some dedication we can turn potentially turn into something so much better.

Sophia

I can't wait to watch. I love a good LP, more so if the people on the recording end have anything resembling a sense of humor :D

Jintor

sorry i haven't made your thingy yet, but i'm down in melbourne atm and everything technological is kind of regealated to a tablet and a shitty laptop that can't keep up with the pace of my typing

FluxWaveZ

Not too sure I understand the obsession of some people who want Nintendo to buy Atlus. Is it really because they either: are Nintendo fanboys or only own Nintendo consoles or because they want to see other people lose their minds?

It's weird.

Not too sure I understand the obsession of some people who want Nintendo to buy Atlus. Is it really because they either: are Nintendo fanboys or only own Nintendo consoles or because they want to see other people lose their minds?

It's weird.

My guess: These people are probably also nintendo fans who are too ashamed to say anything and use that for cover.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

It's weird.

It's also terrible.

See: Xenboblade, Pandora's Tower and The Last Story. (among the other Japanese only games they've never released here)

Coupled with the whole fact that Gamestop actually came to them and ponied up money to even get the game released here.

Still don't know how XSEED managed to do it, Marvelous Monies?

Do you really want that to happen with some of Atlus' games?

Even still, I don't think Sony nor Nintendo will try to stake
WHO SAID STEAK
a claim for them. They're too small and probably not worth the capital. I really don't know, I'm not market expert, just a feeling I have.

Trigger

It's weird.

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Omikaru

It's weird.

All fanboys. Whilst fanboys of any system are awful, the Nintendo ones have been grating me the most post-E3. Their insufferable port-begging in every thread over third party games they have no intention of buying is the worst. Persona is no different. They just want the game on their system because Nintendo über alles. I bet the vast majority of them won't even buy Atlus games were they to go first party; they just want fans of Atlus' stuff to buy into their preferred hunk of plastic because it makes them feel good.

As for the people who say they want to see it "for the meltdowns"... Well, they're closeted Nintendo fans, and should be treated with more contempt than the ones who are at least slightly more honest about why they want Atlus games exclusively on Nintendo platforms.

Soriku

It's weird.

Not much different from people asking Sony to buy them. It's just to prop up their favorite console maker, that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom