• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Young Magus

#12. Way better than where I am.

...#21

Dx

12..........12!!!!!!!
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! So close, yet so far away!! :_:

Also, regarding the whole buy out thing, I imagine that it'll hopefully go something like this:

A dark and eventful evening at Atlus. As they await there unknown fate in a small, cramped room a lowly intern brings in a standard TV. Appearing on the screen is no more then strange man who wears nothing more then a black hood and carries a small contract with him. He states the following to those that are watching:

Many have wondered what would be the faith of the small company known as Atlus. Today you will all find out first hand who was the man who was able to buy the company out from Index.

A long pause takes place and thenthis happens

Just replace Austin with Atlus

Wall o shame time, as we haven't had one awhile I think?

#. User Name - Posts
1. Inorigo - 278
2. Meia - 186
3. Sophia - 178
4. ScraftyDevil - 174
5. Dantis - 168
6. Trigger - 165
7. buddha0991 - 127
8. cj_iwakura - 113
9. jello44 - 97
10.CrazyTank940 - 93

Let it never be said I post alot ever again. >_>

Wow I sure have slipped

Wow I sure have slipped

Well maybe you wouldn't slip so bad if some people didn't try to play Dynasty Warriors

tumblr_lrbvqg7h5Z1qaonaz.png

Nah we really need something newsworthy or a big conversation to pump some blood back into our post counts clearly. SO HOW ABOUT THEM SOCIAL LINKS

Soriku

So, I'm really not digging the SMT4 soundtrack. More than not enjoying it, I find myself actively disliking a lot of it. I think I'll be turning the sound down when I rent it later this year.

Do you like any non-Meguro SMT soundtrack?

cj_iwakura

So, I'm really not digging the SMT4 soundtrack. More than not enjoying it, I find myself actively disliking a lot of it. I think I'll be turning the sound down when I rent it later this year.

RENT SMTIV? Okay, now I know you're insane.

And a lot of it is in context. I love it, so YMMV. It's a great homage to core SMT.

jaxword

Rent? People still do that? I didn't even think that was possible, I vaguely remember my dad doing that when I was a kid but it long stopped when I was in high school.

FluxWaveZ

Rent? People still do that? I didn't even think that was possible, I vaguely remember my dad doing that when I was a kid but it long stopped when I was in high school.

These are the games I've rented and finished this year:

- DMC: Devil May Cry
- BioShock Infinite
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
- Injustice: Gods Among Us
- Tomb Raider
- The Last of Us

I pay around $20 per month with the service I use, so it's very much worth it.

Trigger

I do. Couldn't afford new games otherwise between general unemployment and school. Bless the good folks at Gamefly.

jaxword

When you say service, do you mean some sort of direct download?

I do. Couldn't afford new games otherwise between general unemployment and school. Bless the good folks at Gamefly.

I can't even remember the last time I saw a gamefly. Or a Blockbuster, or any of those types of places. I thought they all went out of business.

pirata

I don't think P5 is going to be revealed this week. I think we have to wait until late August or early September. I've already been waiting to see it for four years, I guess I can wait a little longer.

I think.

cj_iwakura

- BioShock Infinite
- Tomb Raider
- The Last of Us

I can see those being completable within a week or so. But SMTIV? Yeesh.

FluxWaveZ

When you say service, do you mean some sort of direct download?

No, the service I use is GameAccess. I pay monthly and I have unlimited and untimed rentals for one game out at a time. I live in Montreal and they reside in Montreal, so I receive the games shipped quickly and I use the reserve option on their site efficiently so I get to play all the recent games I want to when they come out.

I can't even remember the last time I saw a gamefly. Or a Blockbuster, or any of those types of places. I thought they all went out of business.

I'm pretty sure GameFly is mainly a website and doesn't operate retail.

I can see those being completable within a week or so. But SMTIV? Yeesh.

Those are only the games I rented and finished. Of course I still buy games, like SMTIV.

But even then, since you can rent a game and have it in your possession for as long as you want, I could have rented SMTIV with no problems.

Trigger

You've never seen a Gamefly store. It's all online. I'm sure there is a Red Box or two near you tho. Renting won't ever go away so long as prices justify it.

jaxword

No, the service I use is GameAccess. I pay monthly and I have unlimited and untimed rentals for one game out at a time. I live in Montreal and they reside in Montreal, so I receive the games shipped quickly and I use the reserve option on their site efficiently so I get to play all the recent games I want to when they come out.

I'm pretty sure GameFly is mainly a website and doesn't operate retail.

That's why I can't remember seeing one, then.

I guess it's a regional thing, because I can't even think of a place near my house that rents anymore.

Sophia

You've never seen a Gamefly store. It's all online. I'm sure there is a Red Box or two near you tho. Renting won't ever go away so long as prices justify it.

$3.50 rentals for Movies/Blu-Ray/3DS/360/PS3/DS? Two nights? Aww yeah!

I love my local Family Video. They don't get some of the more obscure titles tho.

P3 Movie twitter said
https://twitter.com/P3movie/status/359196396827590656

劇場版「ペルソナ3」 ‏@P3movie

今宵は満月です。いつもご無沙汰で恐縮ですがP3M制作陣は変わらず元気に作りまくってます。さて今夜24時からの影時間では公式サイトで結構でかいシャドウ、じゃなくて情報がリリースされる感じです。24時間限定公開の新アレもあるみたいなので、どうぞお見逃しなく!(A立P) #P3_M

Google translate (lol) says that the tweet said
Tonight is a full moon. I'm afraid in The Return usual P3M production team is crazy to make healthy unchanged. Now I feel that information is released, not quite big shadow, the official site in the shadow of time from 24 hours tonight. Since there seems to be new array of 24-hour limited release, Do not miss it! (A stand P) # P3_M

I decided I'm going to go ahead and get the P4G plat. I don't know if I'm going to make the S. Link trophy in this plat. I think I might be better off just giving up on it and getting all the other trophies, and doing a third playthrough for the S. Links. Is there a very rigid course you must take to max all S. Links?

Dantis

Do you like any non-Meguro SMT soundtrack?

Yep. Toshiki Konishi's work on P2 and DeSu2 is excellent.
RENT SMTIV? Okay, now I know you're insane.

And a lot of it is in context. I love it, so YMMV. It's a great homage to core SMT.

I only buy games that I know I'll really like (Like LoU) or that I can't get over here.

Handheld games are pretty expensive here, and basically I'm not convinced I can justify paying full price.

Omikaru

I decided I'm going to go ahead and get the P4G plat. I don't know if I'm going to make the S. Link trophy in this plat. I think I might be better off just giving up on it and getting all the other trophies, and doing a third playthrough for the S. Links. Is there a very rigid course you must take to max all S. Links?

There are day-by-day 100% game content guides on Facebook that you should follow.

Lemstar

- BioShock Infinite
- Tomb Raider
- The Last of Us

What kind of preorder promotions go on in Canada? If you're not the type to keep games, it might be cheaper to just preorder and sell them once you're done, especially if there's preorder DLC attached.

Walks back into Persona GAF, sees the P3 and P4 Junpei/Yosuke photoshops. Everything is still crazy in Persona GAF, all is well, walks back out. xD

Lunar15

Wait, who didn't like SMT IV's soundtrack?

Look, I love Meguro to death, but this is one of the strongest soundtracks in the mainline series. At the very least, it stands on its own. It's different, and I like that. (Just so we're on the same page, I always preferred DDS/Persona to SMT in the music department)

If you're still in Mikado, just wait until you get farther. The themes become much closer to what one would expect out of an SMT game.

Omikaru

Wait, who didn't like SMT IV's soundtrack?

Look, I love Meguro to death, but this is one of the strongest soundtracks in the mainline series. At the very least, it stands on its own. It's different, and I like that. (Just so we're on the same page, I always preferred DDS/Persona to SMT in the music department)

If you're still in Mikado, just wait until you get farther. The themes become much closer to what one would expect out of an SMT game.

Dantis. I don't mean to rag on him, but he hasn't played the game yet. He is judging the soundtrack either on LPs or links/downloads of the OST. At any rate, I've often not liked a track from a game I heard online, but when in the game (and I was actually playing, rather than watching) it felt perfect. I think it's a silly to slam it if you haven't played the game...

Jintor

lol didn't even make top 10 this thread. Guess that comes with not really playing anything SMT related

I think I might just be a persona guy. maybe even a persona 3 and 4 guy. Haven't booted up 2 yet...

Lunar15

Dantis. I don't mean to rag on him, but he hasn't played the game yet. He is judging the soundtrack either on LPs or links/downloads of the OST. At any rate, I've often not liked a track from a game I heard online, but when in the game (and I was actually playing, rather than watching) it felt perfect. I think it's a silly to slam it if you haven't played the game...

Oh, i'm not ragging, just kind of surprised.

However, I think I can concede that it's not as infinitely listenable outside of the game like most of meguro's work. I know that we've discussed that aspect of meguro's works before. That being said, it's really really good stuff, and in many ways much better than Nocturne's soundtrack, at least in my opinion. Also, not a lot of the OST is online, a lot of great tracks are not on youtube or readily available elsewhere. Game has some real gems.

True story: someone showed me some P3/P4 music well before I played either game and I was just like "eh, this is kind of annoying". Now persona music is pretty much my default listening music.

Dantis

From what I've heard on Youtube, it's a ton weaker than Nocturne and SJ. It's very tonally reminiscent of SMT 1 and 2, which isn't my kind of thing. Very heavy on grungey synth and fast, un-melodic guitars. The battle themes are especially unpleasant to listen to.

At best, when I play the game, I'll just ignore the music. It's certainly not something I will go out of my way to listen to.

Lunar15

From what I've heard on Youtube, it's a ton weaker than Nocturne and SJ. It's very tonally reminiscent of SMT 1 and 2, which isn't my kind of thing. Very heavy on grungey synth and fast, un-melodic guitars. The battle themes are especially unpleasant to listen to.

At best, when I play the game, I'll just ignore the music. It's certainly not something I will go out of my way to listen to.

I think I anticipated that reaction to the battle themes, but outside of battle there are some really impressive tracks that are mellow and atmospheric. There's really stuff for everyone in there. The sound director has worked on nearly every SMT game since 1998, persona included. The new composer certainly changes things up, but the soundtrack, as a whole, does a good job of staying in line with expectations.

To be fair, I had listened to a few battle themes before playing the game and had a lot of the same reservations. After playing it though, I was really pleasantly surprised. I don't think the battle themes are indicative of the game's soundtrack as a whole. I will say this though, the soundtrack gets better over time. I don't want to spoil things, but I will say that the composer purposefully made the songs at the beginning sound really different for an SMT game. The beginning is created to throw you out of your comfort zone and then slowly build up to the more common themes of an SMT game.

SJ had a weird soundtrack in my opinion, and was probably Meguro's weakest.

FluxWaveZ

What kind of preorder promotions go on in Canada? If you're not the type to keep games, it might be cheaper to just preorder and sell them once you're done, especially if there's preorder DLC attached.

Same pre-order promotions as in the U.S. It really wouldn't be cheaper once you factor in taxes or how much used games are worth on the used games market.

Squire

Banned
lol didn't even make top 10 this thread. Guess that comes with not really playing anything SMT related

I think I might just be a persona guy. maybe even a persona 3 and 4 guy. Haven't booted up 2 yet...

Maybe it's the same for me. That's alright though.

On that note: Ace Attorney is awesome.

Seems like another P3 Movie tweet
https://twitter.com/P3movie/status/359331100251783170

劇場版「ペルソナ3」 ‏@P3movie

影時間へようこそ。いつも夜遅くまでお付き合い頂き有難う御座いますm(__)m。さて、色々公式サイト更新しましたがいつもの如く、新PVは今から24時間の満月の日だけの限定公開なのでご注意下さいませ( ´ ▽ ` )ノA立P #P3_M

Englishified by our good friend, Google Translate (lol)

Welcome to shadow time. M Thank you for seeing your relationship until late at night always (__) m. Let's assume you have various official site updated, but as usual, because it is limited release of only the full moon day of 24 hours from now, please be careful new PV is ('▽ `) Bruno A stand P # P3_M

I wish I could understand the language so I didn't need Google Gibberish to do it for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom