• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

Heh, someone pointed this out to me: the P3 Movie #1 poster has "Mement Mori" written on it.

2518706-persona+3+movie.jpg

That's some P4A "Free Pray" levels of typo.

Lemstar

Same pre-order promotions as in the U.S. It really wouldn't be cheaper once you factor in taxes or how much used games are worth on the used games market.
You'd be surprised. I preordered the five on your list eligible for Best Buy's $20 Reward Zone certificate program and bough DmC along with RE6 for their week 1 promo. After playing and selling everything, I came out $150 ahead.

Sneak peak at Persona Weather's next update, being submitted today (or realistically whenever I can log into my developer account due to the ongoing hack/maintenance at Apple):

I like it. Glad they didn't go with a pun like they did with Yu. It'll take a while for Minato to wear off though.

I liked that pun :(

For P5, I hope they do at least what Final Fantasy does and have a default, canonical name, and allow you to change it if you want. That way, if people want the canonical Japanese name, they can have it, and if people want the secret best canonical name
Charlie Tunoku
they can have it. Best of both worlds, no/

Meia

I want that movie, now please.

At least we have a release date, which I don't think we had before. That date IS a full moon, right? They've been good about only releasing updates on them before, so have to imagine it is.

Sophia

Now that the dishes are done, I am going to analyze every single aspect of this trailer.

First thing of note: The protagonist is no longer wearing his uniform before school starts!

Sophia

I noticed that too. Also Orpheus fights Shadow #0 a bit before transforming into Thanatos.
Seriously. Also, totally keeping an eye on YesAsia and CDJapan in case that poster comes out in some manner of purchasable form. I'd love an A1 print of it.

I just read duckroll's post about Keisuke Watabe. Holy crap.... this this is gonna be great. He did the key animation for a few of P4 Anime's better scenes, like the final fight and stuff. Him being animation director means the whole thing is gonna look good. <3

Meia

I just read duckroll's post about Keisuke Watabe. Holy crap.... this this is gonna be great. He did the key animation for a few of P4 Anime's better scenes, like the final fight and stuff. Him being animation director means the whole thing is gonna look good. <3

Certainly explains the schizo animation quality of 4. :\

Everyone points to the two Chie's, I prefer to point to the one scene where everyone's talking about the case and only everyone's lips are moving. Like, literally nothing else is moving, and everyone has a lifeless stare on their faces for like a solid minute.

Sophia

Certainly explains the schizo animation quality of 4. :\

Everyone points to the two Chie's, I prefer to point to the one scene where everyone's talking about the case and only everyone's lips are moving. Like, literally nothing else is moving, and everyone has a lifeless stare on their faces for like a solid minute.

Having a competent director and anime director, plus actually having a budget, makes all the difference in the world.

Tamanon

Banned
Having a competent director and anime director, plus actually having a budget, makes all the difference in the world.

I'd also say that not having as much of a time constraint that 26 episodes gives you will help. That's probably a reason why the last P4A episode was animated so well, since it was made only for the home release.

Sophia

I'd also say that not having as much of a time constraint that 26 episodes gives you will help. That's probably a reason why the last P4A episode was animated so well, since it was made only for the home release.

I was actually referring to the TV ending. Both it and the episodes leading up to it are fantastic animation wise.

Levito

Banned
20409_Nintendo-president-Satoru-Iwata-in-black-suit-on-stage-giving-a-presentation.jpeg

Iwata: "Today I am happy to announce that Nintendo will be purchasing Atlus and they-"

Suddenly, over the loud speakers...

A familiar but not so mysterious voice from behind: "Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa WHOA NOT SO FAST there jabroni. NO HOARDING ALL THE WAIFU'S FOR YOURSELF ."

The Rock: "But I tell ya what you can do Iwata, you can take that Wii U.... Shiiiiiiine it up real nice, turn the sumbitch sideways-AND STICK IT STRAIGHT UP YOUR CANDY ASS!"

BAH GAWD KING, THE PEOPLE'S CHAMPION JUST ROCK BOTTOM'D IWATA, AND SIGNED THE ATLUS ACQUISITION FORM. THE ROCK NOW OWNS ATLUS.

Ok this is the last time I discuss The Rock in here I swear.

Sophia

Ok this is the last time I discuss The Rock in here I swear.

And I thought *I* was bad about hyping up favorite characters....

That's true also, love both endings in the anime.

Something else I like in the trailer is that the Personae have a genuine supernatural feel to their animation. They feel otherworldly, something that I felt was lacking for most of the P4 Anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom