• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

So last night's conversation in the IRC about the glory that is Persona x Detective Naoto inspired me to make this today's sketch:

0rg9.png

I also attempted what was meant to be a quick colouring job and somehow ended up taking me just over an hour:

It probably wasn't worth the time it took, but I would like to move towards more coloured images. I'll probably do the sketch one day, and then clean it up and colour it the next day.

Sophia

Long-haired Naoto is a crime. She's cuter as a tomboy.

I have nothing against long haired Naoto. I have everything against Naoto with longer hair than my own within a year's time of Persona 4. HAIR DOES NOT GROW OUT THAT FAST!!!!! :|

Regardless, nice coloring there Dantis. Does wonder for the eyes.

Dantis

I have nothing against long haired Naoto. I have everything against Naoto with longer hair than my own within a year's time of Persona 4. HAIR DOES NOT GROW OUT THAT FAST!!!!! :|

Regardless, nice coloring there Dantis. Does wonder for the eyes.

I only realised the other day that her hair is a lot longer at the back in the epilogue.

From what I've heard on Youtube, it's a ton weaker than Nocturne and SJ. It's very tonally reminiscent of SMT 1 and 2, which isn't my kind of thing. Very heavy on grungey synth and fast, un-melodic guitars. The battle themes are especially unpleasant to listen to.

At best, when I play the game, I'll just ignore the music. It's certainly not something I will go out of my way to listen to.

It feels in line with with most all Megaten music. I'm trying to pick up on the Tsuchiya, but I know he's notoriously different on every track.

Certainly explains the schizo animation quality of 4. :\

Everyone points to the two Chie's, I prefer to point to the one scene where everyone's talking about the case and only everyone's lips are moving. Like, literally nothing else is moving, and everyone has a lifeless stare on their faces for like a solid minute.

So 95% of all anime, then? :p

Where do I give money to for this wonderment?

Sophia

I only realised the other day that her hair is a lot longer at the back in the epilogue.

Yeah it is. But it's reasonable development for ~5 months. In contras it takes two to three years for my hair to get down to that length she has in the novel, and my hair grows fast. I refused to believe she did it faster. :|

PK Gaming

So last night's conversation in the IRC about the glory that is Persona x Detective Naoto inspired me to make this today's sketch:

I also attempted what was meant to be a quick colouring job and somehow ended up taking me just over an hour:

It probably wasn't worth the time it took, but I would like to move towards more coloured images. I'll probably do the sketch one day, and then clean it up and colour it the next day.

Va va voom. Your Naoto looks mad good (not just in terms of quality but physical attractiveness too)

Yeah that's right, put me down in the "long haired Naoto is the best Naoto" camp :eek:

EDIT: Tomorrow's the big day.

Astra

Geez, it's circled back around to Sailor Moon talk?

If there is ever a sign to show that we need P5 now, it's Sailor Moon talk happening twice within a few months.

Oh, and
220px-Sailor_Merkur_01.jpg
Mercury is the best Sailor.

Trigger

Yeah it is. But it's reasonable development for ~5 months. In contras it takes two to three years for my hair to get down to that length she has in the novel, and my hair grows fast. I refused to believe she did it faster. :|

Maybe it's a side-effect of her persona's power? :p

Dantis

Va va voom. Your Naoto looks mad good (not just in terms of quality but physical attractiveness to)

Yeah that's right, put me down in the "long haired Naoto is the best Naoto" camp :eek:

EDIT: Tomorrow's the big day.

Oh shoot, so it is!

PERSONA 5 FOR SURE.

As an aside, I'm drawing Chie tomorrow, I think.

Squire

Banned
Geez, it's circled back around to Sailor Moon talk?

If there is ever a sign to show that we need P5 now, it's Sailor Moon talk happening twice within a few months.

I'm starting to think some of us just really liked Sailor Moon.

Which is interesting, given that most of us are mid-20s males and Sailor Moon is (in the states) generally considered a show for the opposite sex.

Go figure!

What. I cut down mine to around the top of my neck around the end of May and annoyingly it's already longer than Naoto's in the epilogue. Give it another 6 months and it'll be down the small of my back. Not that hard to believe her hair length, especially when other body proportions in their designs are stretched too.

Astra

Which is interesting, given that most of us are mid-20s males and Sailor Moon is (in the states) generally considered a show for the opposite sex.

Go figure!

I got made fun of for watching it, but I didn't give a shit.

On the plus side, at least we were kids watching a show aimed at little girls, rather than being adult males doing the same. Bronies...

Sophia

What. I cut down mine to around the top of my neck around the end of May and annoyingly it's already longer than Naoto's in the epilogue. Give it another 6 months and it'll be down the small of my back. Not that hard to believe her hair length, especially when other body proportions in their designs are stretched too.

I'm guessing. I had the estimate much shorter, but edited it to be longer cuz I wasn't sure. I haven't actually cut my hair in years. :p

As a pain in the butt it can be sometimes, long hair is awesome. Everyone always has things to say bout it too. :D

Maybe it's a side-effect of her persona's power? :p

Maybe that dorky non-canonical one she has in the novel. >_>;

Go figure!

Sailor Moon had a pretty big male following in the US. Interestingly, Dragon Ball Z had a big female following.

FluxWaveZ

You'd be surprised. I preordered the five on your list eligible for Best Buy's $20 Reward Zone certificate program and bough DmC along with RE6 for their week 1 promo. After playing and selling everything, I came out $150 ahead.

Wait, you pre-ordered the 5 games for the Best Buy $20 Reward Zone which would add up to $100, but you then sold the rest at a profit compared to the MSRP you bought them at? Well, I'm not aware of any place to do the same on my end and I'm not too into the cash value only being relevant to BB,

Dantis

The longest I've ever had my hair was down to my shoulders, but I'm a guy so I just looked really silly. I didn't even want it that long, I was just too lazy and tight-fisted to get it cut and haircuts are expensive.

Levito

Banned
I watched DBZ and Sailor Moon when I was a kid, DBZ is actually a lot harder to go back to than Sailor Moon. The filler in DBZ is just horrendous.

"It'll take FIVE MINUTUES for the planet to explode" Frieza says as 45 more episodes go by.

I got made fun of for watching it, but I didn't give a shit.

On the plus side, at least we were kids watching a show aimed at little girls, rather than being adult males doing the same. Bronies...

Does rewatching it now count as bad? I rewatched like the entire first season on Youtube, that nostalgia man. Right now I'm going through Goosebumps too, I'd watch the shit out of Beast Wars if it was on netflix too.

Astra

I watched DBZ and Sailor Moon when I was a kid, DBZ is actually a lot harder to go back to than Sailor Moon. The filler in DBZ is just horrendous.

"It'll take FIVE MINUTUES for the planet to explode" Frieza says as 45 more episodes go by.

Does rewatching it now count as bad? I rewatched like the entire first season on Youtube, that nostalgia man. Right now I'm going through Goosebumps too, I'd watch the shit out of Beast Wars if it was on netflix too.

Nah, you have a Nostalgia Shield, so you're okay.

Beasties! That shit should be on Netflix.
hahaha, Goosebumps, I enjoyed that quite a bit as well, but preferred Are You Afraid of the Dark.

I tried rewatching DBZ recently, and I made it pretty far. Up to the Cell Saga. I ran out of steam though around that point, and haven't watched since.

Oh shoot, so it is!

PERSONA 5 FOR SURE.
It's already Tuesday in Japan! Aaany second now :p.
I'm guessing. I had the estimate much shorter, but made it longer cuz I wasn't sure. I haven't actually cut my hair in years. :p

As a pain in the butt it can be sometimes, long hair is awesome. Everyone always has things to say bout it too. :D
I always grow it out but then it doesn't take long before I get sick of it. Pain in the butt is right.

But yeah, Naoto's hair is the least thing we should be worrying about in that manga. They changed her persona too?! Jeez.

PK Gaming

No Sailor Jupiter mentions? For shame.

Jup03.jpg

Cute, funny, lightning powers, her planet owns and she had big boobs had the most talent. She should have been the main character!

I didn't watch many Sailor Moon episodes, but they the majority of the ones I watched were pretty good.

Sophia

It's already Tuesday in Japan! Aaany second now :p.

I always grow it out but then it doesn't take long before I get sick of it. Pain in the butt is right.

But yeah, Naoto's hair is the least thing we should be worrying about in that manga. They changed her persona too?! Jeez.

Meh. As long as I don't forget to brush it, it's all good. Worth the time and effort grooming it.

And yeah her Persona in the novel is Amatsu Mikaboshi. Hilariously, it has no combat abilities.

cj_iwakura

No Sailor Jupiter mentions? For shame.

Jup03.jpg

Cute, funny, lightning powers, her planet owns and she had big boobs had the most talent. She should have been the main character!

I didn't watch many Sailor Moon episodes, but they the majority of the ones I watched were pretty good.
Watch the third season. It'll change your life.

The big bad plays TWISTER WITH HIS SUBORDINATES.

Squire

Banned

DBZ doesn't hold up at all. It's a real shame. The movies are still pretty enjoyable though. I guess the fact they're films forces them along and that's nice.

I was just watching some Tenchi Muyo last week.

I'm interested to see the SM reboot though. You know it's going to be totally male-oriented this time around.

Meh. As long as I don't forget to brush it, it's all good. Worth the time and effort grooming it.

And yeah her Persona in the novel is Amatsu Mikaboshi. Hilariously, it has no combat abilities.
Snrk, no combat abilities? Dare I ask what it does if it doesn't fight?
Dang it, this novel sounds so bad I'm actually curious about it.

Marche90

DBZ is LEGENDARY down here in Mexico. I doubt that you can find someone who hasn't watched the series at least once, and most people don't seem to mind the filler episodes that much. In fact, I'm somehow expecting to see the cinemas filled to the brim in September, when the movie gets released here.

For the life of me, I can't remember anything of Sailor Moon. I know I watched it in my childhood, but that's it.

Also, I approve of all the fanart here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom