• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So guys, the first episode of the Persona 3 LP is almost ready to go! All we're waiting on is some final touch-ups and Jintor's inevitably beautiful titlecard (no rush though, we don't need to upload them anytime soon).

For future episodes, would any of you guys be interested in possibly making a guest appearance?

Tizoc

^Get a Persona with Estoma. Also you NEED to contact to be able to get new personas. You will want to make them interested (yellow) and NOT happy (green), interest is what makes them give you a spell card. you get two spell cards and fuse them like other persona games. If you want to break the game early, get the level 18-20 Personas Chariot Gozu-Tennoh and Judgement Phaleg.

01_021.jpg~original

Thanks I'm still early in the game, having just saved Brown from prison.
May need to read a guide or FAQ to figure out how to do those things.
About Persona though, when should I fuse them? Once they reach Rank 8 or once they reach a certain level?
EDIT: Also I feel like I should've visited every location in the game before going to the hospital cuz they're mentioning characters I would've known more about if I visited the other buildings =V

Levito

Banned
Awesome Scrafty! I'll have to look into that thing we talked about more soon too.

Are any of you getting Dragon's Crown? It looks unbelievably fun.

I know it started as a joke (kinda), but man... Everyone is going to play Elf once it's out.

According to the stats on my player sign up sheet,
coughcoughSHAMELESS GODDAMN PLUG
so far 20 percent of people who filled out the category for the poll are gonna use Elf, possibly more than that since not everyone filled out the category and others have Elf and one other class. But yeah I expect a lot of elfs.

I kinda hope with Persona 5, they don't spend much time cameoing Persona 3 and 4 characters. I really want them to break the story away from the previous games in a big way.

Squire

Banned
I kinda hope with Persona 5, they don't spend much time cameoing Persona 3 and 4 characters. I really want them to break the story away from the previous games in a big way.

I don't understand why this would be a concern. Up until Arena, P3 and 4 weren't connected in any way visible to the naked eye.

Sophia

I expect Persona 2 style cameos if anything. Hashino and the others have spoke out several times in interviews about how they don't want too many cameo appearances to the point it turns off newcomers.

Dantis

I also hope this, but I also also think it won't happen.

Hashino didn't link P3 and P4 because he wanted everyone to be on the same playing field. Catherine had some neat wink wink moments, but they were pretty hidden (A Teddie plush on the bar, a Gekkoukan logo on the shelf).

The only thing is if they continue the shitty Arena story, but I'm hoping they find another venue for that.

I don't understand why this would be a concern. Up until Arena, P3 and 4 weren't connected in any way visible to the naked eye.
Uhh, you visit the location of Persona 3 in Persona 4. You also get a couple name drops and other details. I just don't want them retreading old stories. Make it new and different in a way that throws away the older games a bit more.

cjkeats

Every game has had cameos in one form or another form previous games and they were fine, some even great like the P4 school trip. I trust them to do it right like always if at all.

Soriku

Uhh, you visit the location of Persona 3 in Persona 4. You also get a couple name drops and other details. I just don't want them retreading old stories. Make it new and different in a way that throws away the older games a bit more.

That's a minor cameo segment that doesn't have much to do with the game's plot. Something like that is fine and I don't see why P5 wouldn't be its own thing even if it has a few cameos.

Squire

Banned

If you haven't played P3 that doesn't stick out at all. Even if you do recognize it, it's incredibly minor.

Jintor

Sorry about the titlecard stuff right now but I've picked up a pretty nasty eye problem so I'll be delayed for a bit I reckon.

kewlmyc

Awesome Scrafty! I'll have to look into that thing we talked about more soon too.

Are any of you getting Dragon's Crown? It looks unbelievably fun.

I might. I'll be busy with Xillia all of August though. Depends on if the combat is as addictive as Muramasa.

Jintor

my eye is feeling a little better, let's see what I can rustle up in a night. Throw up Idle Thumbs on the second screen, they've got fucking seven hours of Crusader Kings 2 footage to put on while I work...

kewlmyc

So guys, the first episode of the Persona 3 LP is almost ready to go! All we're waiting on is some final touch-ups and Jintor's inevitably beautiful titlecard (no rush though, we don't need to upload them anytime soon).

For future episodes, would any of you guys be interested in possibly making a guest appearance?

How would guest appearances on LPs even work? I always assumed they were done at the person's house. Or are you guys playing this using some sort of streaming service?

Scrafty you wanted a... scrafty with junpei's hat right

Yes, that is correct.

But seriously dude, if your eye is bothering you, then you don't have to do anything until it feels better. We're in no rush to upload this thing, so please don't put yourself through any pain for us.

EDIT: Oh my god you are amazing. Fight the power, Jintor.

How would guest appearances on LPs even work? I always assumed they were done at the person's house. Or are you guys playing this using some sort of streaming service?

I live about 5 hours away from him, so we record a Skype call while using screen sharing. As I result I get no sound, but it's better then streaming it through Twitch or whatever since those have both a 5-second lag and an annoying echo. Adding a guest would be as simple as adding another person to the call.

PK Gaming

my eye is on fire

tumblr_mqhwkq5ZLL1rnx5rho1_500.jpg

gY9E6.gif

I couldn't ask for a better drawing, you got every detail down to a T. I'm seriously impressed at your to perfectly convey what we wanted, all the while your eyes were hurting (I hope that clears up fast)

Thanks man, we really appreciate it.

Clockwork5

So I am almost done with SMT 4 (only my second ATLUS title with EO4 being the first) and am looking to dust off my PS2 and get into some Persona.

It looks like I will be starting with Persona 3 and am wondering if I will be lost without playing the previous titles. Also,does Persona 3 FES include the original game as well? Is this the best version to get?

Sophia

So I am almost done with SMT 4 (only my second ATLUS title with EO4 being the first) and am looking to dust off my PS2 and get into some Persona.

It looks like I will be starting with Persona 3 and am wondering if I will be lost without playing the previous titles. Also,does Persona 3 FES include the original game as well? Is this the best version to get?

With exception of Persona 4 Arena, all the Persona games are standalone containing only a few overreaching elements here and there. Yes it includes the original Persona 3. Most people started with Persona 3 FES, so you should be fine.

Trigger

1) All Persona games are more or less their own thing. Some cameos and references here and there, but you don't need intimate knowledge of past entries to follow the plot.

2) FES is indeed the best version of P3 for the PS2.

Meia

Persona 1 and 2 have no story interaction with 3, or very very very very minor ones, so you're good to start it up. FES is just 3 with a new social link, character costumes, and a few other improvements, but it's mostly the same. The only key difference is when you start it up, you pick either the Journey, or the Answer. The Journey is your regular course through the game, the Answer is a 1 month later thing, so obviously start with the Journey first.

And yeah it's probably the best version to get. 3 Portable is worth playing after as it gives you party controls, a new protag, and better slinks. Probably better off doing FES, then 4, then 3P.

Taruranto

Start with Innocent Sin.

You can ignore 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom