• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clockwork5

Thanks guys. FES it is. Ordering from amazon today. Im pretty excited about this, I really like the demon fusing mechanic of SMT 4 and from what I hear the Persona system is different but similar. The Persona series has a very different setting than any other RPG I have played as well! Cant wait!

kewlmyc

Thanks guys. FES it is. Ordering from amazon today. Im pretty excited about this, I really like the demon fusing mechanic of SMT 4 and from what I hear the Persona system is different but similar. The Persona series has a very different setting than any other RPG I have played as well! Cant wait!

Enjoy it friend. Don't let the sometimes braindead AI get you down though. Keep calm, and avoid Mitsuru.

Dantis

It's really, really good.

The best version of P3.

*runs away*

If they released some kind of magical version with Portable's tweaks, direct part control, FeMC and Golden-style costumes, that'd be one of the greatest games ever.

As it stands, every version has its own issues, but I think I like Portable best.

kewlmyc

Speaking of P3, think I'm going to ask Michelle Ruff to come on the Podcast soon.

Yukari's voice? Not a bad choice. How do you even get these kind of actors to agree to this?

If they released some kind of magical version with Portable's tweaks, direct part control, FeMC and Golden-style costumes, that'd be one of the greatest games ever.

As it stands, every version has its own issues, but I think I like Portable best.

I don't want more ports, but if they bring back the ability to use all weapons, proper fusion spells (the gems sucked), and revamping MC's route to be more similar to FeMC and Yu's (friendzoning and better choices in dialog), I'd be game.

Trigger

If only there was a good reason for them to re-release Persona 3 with all these features again....

If only there was a good reason for them to re-release Persona 3 with all these features again....

image.php

Meia

Persona 3 Velvet, it's coming. BELIEVE.

The only real question I have is will that be announced first, or Persona 5? ;p

Levito

Banned
Don't forget to bring on the lovely Michelle Ann Dunphy.

Haven't forgotten! Wanted to try and bring on someone that was on the P3 cast. Karen Strassmen seems like the logical next choice, she's really fan friendly and played 2 of the most popular Persona characters.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Haven't forgotten! Wanted to try and bring on someone that was on the P3 cast. Karen Strassmen seems like the logical next choice, she's really fan friendly and played 2 of the most popular Persona characters.

Our Nanako-off has to happen.

Or something.

Other than the movie is there any actual evidence that were getting a P3 remake or is it just wishful thinking, don't get me wrong I'd gladly buy a fourth P3 but don't be getting my hopes up.

Refyref

No, no, it's pretty damn easy. tons of people enjoyed P3 and P3FES before P4 and P3P were ever things.

I guess so, but for me it was pretty annoying, and I played FES before P4 and P3P. (But after P1 and P2.) I guess I'm more used to RPGs with a higher rate of control.
Then again, I liked FF4HoL, and you can't choose the exact targets for you attacks there. Although there were clear rules that you needed to use for aiming, and your party wasn't AI.

Don't get me wrong, you can get used to it, but that's probably one of the reason I don't care too much for P3.

EDIT: Compared to other Personas.

kewlmyc

Other than the movie is there any actual evidence that were getting a P3 remake or is it just wishful thinking, don't get me wrong I'd gladly buy a fourth P3 but don't be getting my hopes up.

Wishful thinking. While the extra features I mentioned earlier would be nice, no more ports would be great.

I guess so, but for me it was pretty annoying, and I played FES before P4 and P3P. (But after P1 and P2.) I guess I'm more used to RPGs with a higher rate of control.
Then again, I liked FF4HoL, and you can't choose the exact targets for you attacks there. Although there were clear rules that you needed to use for aiming, and your party wasn't AI.

Don't get me wrong, you can get used to it, but that's probably one of the reason I don't care too much for P3.

EDIT: Compared to other Personas.
In all honestly, the AI isn't that big a problem once you learn when and when not to use Rush and get a good grasp of what each tactic does. It still pisses me off though when an AI would target each shadow one at a time with a weakness instead of using the all hitting version of the spell.

Levito

Banned
Bro shit is so kvlt underground shit make you mad superiority seniority sucka, that's the tr00 shit. The untr00 shit be such sellout shit sucka get the fuck out my face with that shit.

Meia

It's easy to work with the AI if you know how best to use each of the set orders you can give them and are good at micro managing them.

It was one of the only things I hated about 4, actually. They made it so you could control everyone, which was good, but then they grossly dumbed down a very competent AI system established with 3, which was bad. I had 3's AI down to a point where I had no problems getting them to do exactly what I wanted(after a certain month anyway, beginning is the only rough patch). 4's AI was just....stupid and followed none of the rules. Not sure why they did that, unless they just figured NO ONE would go back to using the AI.

In all honestly, the AI isn't that big a problem once you learn when and when not to use Rush and get a good grasp of what each tactic does. It still pisses me off though when an AI would target each shadow one at a time with a weakness instead of using the all hitting version of the spell.

This was countered with the infinite SP everyone had since they all went back to full when you visited the lobby. It's probably no coincidence they changed this system when they gave you full party control in 3 Portable.

I am not gonna sugar coat it, and maybe it's a bit strong, but fuck ANOTHER version of P3, man. If there is a 4th version of P3 so soon, I smh at Atlus.

Sophia

He already played SMTIV.

There is no reason to take a step down, he needs to move forward toward the superior SMT games (P2, DDS, Nocturne).

Now you're just being silly and elitist. Persona 3 is a perfectly fine starting point, and far easier to get into than Persona 2 is. Besides, s/he doesn't have the option of playing Innocent Sin, being on an actual PS2 and all...

Agreed, enough with the ports with a bit of new content. Bring on the new stuff.

I love and loathe Persona 3 Portable at the same time. On one hand, the female protagonist and all the improvements are lovely. On the other hand, it's a very compromised port and it's mere existence means we're not getting a proper version of it anytime soon.

kewlmyc

Agreed, enough with the ports with a bit of new content. Bring on the new stuff.

Why do that when you can make a huge profit by adding a skiing trip and new dungeon? :p

He already played SMTIV.

There is no reason to take a step down, he needs to move forward toward the superior SMT games (P2, DDS, Nocturne).

Still doesn't explain how the hell s/he's going to play it if s/he doesn't have a PSP/Vita.

What's a kvlt

Also I'd say, as a massive, massive P2 fan, it should not be your first one, but you should really give it a try sometime.

As a P1 fan btw most people here r poop

Levito

Banned
One day they'll announce P5 and I'll come in here and see pure madness.

Most people will be ecstatic, a couple individuals will proclaim how bad it is cause it's not like P2.

It's a shame, keep wanting to go back and play P2, the elitism is a big turn off though, ah well.

Only way P5 announcement would be upsetting is if it was exclusive to the Wii U.
Or a handheld.

Meia

I do wonder what the reaction to a 5 would be if we found out there would be no social link system at all, either. They did say that there was going to be significant changes to the formula for 5, right?

I mean, I know it's been awhile since 4 came out, but I think it's things like that have led to this much of a rush to get ANY actual P5 info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom