• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

Because he still does decent damage with Ziodyne after a Lightning Breaker.

But not enough damage if I had both Yukiko and Naoto on the team.

Current team:
Kanji
Teddie
Naoto

I'll probably switch Kanji with Yukiko once I hit the next floor.

Also, not having money sucks. Why the hell is the fox even here?

kewlmyc

Moral support.

If you max out your S. Link with the Fox, even the largest amount of healing costs chump change.

I mean the dungeon gives you 0 money, so I can't even pay even though he's maxed. Unless I'm wrong about the money thing.

EDIT: I feel stupid now. Nevermind.

Moonlight

Banned
Moral support.

If you max out your S. Link with the Fox, even the largest amount of healing costs chump change.
Mostly the problem is that by the time you get to a point where you've maxed out the Fox's social link, you don't... need the fox any more. By that point, you've got Invigorate or Cool Breeze or, if you're playing P4G, Rise's Relaxing Wave.

cj_iwakura

Every time I see some recent Grasshopper game causing people to rile at Suda for games he almost had nothing to do with, I die a little inside.

I wonder if a Suda 51 Trip community thread would have any appeal.
(Pre NMH2 only, games he actually directed.)

Meia

Mostly the problem is that by the time you get to a point where you've maxed out the Fox's social link, you don't... need the fox any more. By that point, you've got Invigorate or Cool Breeze or, if you're playing P4G, Rise's Relaxing Wave.

Real talk, I've never really gotten Cool Breeze, or bothered with Invig. I live off of that damn fox, HOOK THOSE LEAVES UP TO MY VEINS.

And don't know much about the Suda51 thing. Played and loved NMH1, have 2 but haven't played it, then bought and liked Lollipop Chainsaw and Shadows, but not sure how much input he had in them, or even if there was a decrease in it.

Persona 4 Weather 2.0 update has been submitted to the App Store! Here's some exciting abbreviated patch notes (my "real" patch notes are 4000 characters in length, which is the max Apple will allow, lol). Expect it to hit in about 7 days, since that's the current average wait time for apps right now.

* new characters
* new dialogue
* character selector
* new music
* shuffle music option
* voice clips
* new backgrounds
* holiday greetings
* S. Links
* Achievements
* better error handling

Sneak peak (I'm getting better at choose screenshots that will generate excitement...)
63Rql8C.png

I'll post an update and link when the app gets approved, but suffice to say, 2.0 was a big update for me, and I hope any of you who use it enjoy the update.

Now, back to that Persona 4 audiobook thing I mentioned last night. Hopefully I can finish that in a few weeks and find some place to host it for you all to download.

Persona 4 Weather 2.0 update has been submitted to the App Store! Here's some exciting abbreviated patch notes (my "real" patch notes are 4000 characters in length, which is the max Apple will allow, lol). Expect it to hit in about 7 days, since that's the current average wait time for apps right now.

* new characters
* new dialogue
* character selector
* new music
* shuffle music option
* voice clips
* new backgrounds
* holiday greetings
* S. Links
* Achievements
* better error handling

Sneak peak (I'm getting better at choose screenshots that will generate excitement...)

I'll post an update and link when the app gets approved, but suffice to say, 2.0 was a big update for me, and I hope any of you who use it enjoy the update.

Now, back to that Persona 4 audiobook thing I mentioned last night. Hopefully I can finish that in a few weeks and find some place to host it for you all to download.

Oh my god this sounds Epic

Hey guys, episode 2 is up. The sound errors are particularly present in Gekkoukan, but we beg you stick with it until the issues are resolved in Episode 5. The only way this run can go is up.
Sound issues as mentioned aside I'm liking where the first two episodes are going. Off to a good start guys

also I'm surprised I was able to watch this on the vita's browser and not just the youtube app, makes going between the thread and episodes easy when I'm not near a computer

Oh my god this sounds Epic

Thanks! I should have solicited achievements from GAF, but I have some points left over, so the next update I can add some more if people end up liking it. There's 15 achievements now (I can't believe I'm discussing achievements in a dumb novelty weather app..). Here's a couple:

Double Date:
Double your pleasure, double your fun with Margaret and Elizabeth!

Police Quest:
Find the culprit to the biggest crime of the century!
[note: it's not the murderer]

Hypochondriac:
Faking an illness is the surest way to a woman's heart, Senpai!

Squire

Banned
Thanks! I should have solicited achievements from GAF, but I have some points left over, so the next update I can add some more if people end up liking it. There's 15 achievements now (I can't believe I'm discussing achievements in a dumb novelty weather app..). Here's a couple:

Double Date:
Double your pleasure, double your fun with Margaret and Elizabeth!

Police Quest:
Find the culprit to the biggest crime of the century!
[note: it's not the murderer]

Hypochondriac:
Faking an illness is the surest way to a woman's heart, Senpai!

I like the sound of this.
A lot.

Tizoc

Yea Mark looks goofy, but he is winning me over. He's just this game's Junpei, or the silly comic relief to lighten the mood. I kind of anticipate some bad stuff happening related to him though...maybe?

It may be overkill needing that guide. You fight -so many- random battles that it is easy enough to just work down each negotiation like a checklist as you face repeated enemies to eventually find the response that works. Once you get a card that demon can no longer communicate until you fuse the card or remove it from your inv...but talking to them again will remove them from battle as they offer some money, gold, or free xp so long as you are carrying their card.

It is faster to use the guide I guess, but also keep in mind that you have a hard limit of tarot cards you can carry, so you will have to regularly abandon some monster cards you earn in the same dungeon or fuse them regularly to clear stock post dungeons. Kind of sucks actually since you must go to the velvet room to do so, and many of the fusions in the early game are unusable given how crazy the level reqs are to equip! (I fuse a lv 2. pixie and a lv 9 whatever and I get a level 50 monstrosity?? wut?)

Also, again since the game so far is kinda imbalanced and super easy and lacking Press Turn, you really need not concern as heavily about perfect fusing or crafting a solid deck. I hear Snow Queen path is a much harder challenge(mostly due to time limit dungeons...blech. But also entirely unique sets of demons that are more powerful than SEBEC path).

Oh then in that case, I should only start doing that once the Velvet Room opens so I can use up the cards haha.

Someone convince me not to buy P4G digitally. I now have all of the Persona games on PSN aside from that.

Also I'm replaying P3Fes, I heard the save system is busted. What's the fix exactly, just save on multiple files? (I've been doing that for RPGs since I was a kid, so no big deal).

PK Gaming

Someone convince me not to buy P4G digitally. I now have all of the Persona games on PSN aside from that.

Also I'm replaying P3Fes, I heard the save system is busted. What's the fix exactly, just save on multiple files? (I've been doing that for RPGs since I was a kid, so no big deal).

Yes.

If you make multiple saves every time you save, you'll be able to avoid falling victim to it.

Tizoc

It's 3-4 GB in size.

I'm only missing the PSX Persona 2 game, but I'm gonna wait out til it's $5...or Sony makes a buy for $50 get $10 back offer again.

Meia

Yes.

If you make multiple saves every time you save, you'll be able to avoid falling victim to it.

From what people have said, the save issue was fixed when the graphical issue was.

Now, of course, not sure how accurate that is, and of course I don't think it's worth the risk, so keep at least three saves. :p

And I bought P4G digitally, and for the first time since I got the Vita popped out the actual card of P4G. Considering the game is running 365 anyway, figured digital was better. :p

Sophia

I had a dream that P5 really was announced on a Tuesday.

I am curious as to how you can dream about something you have no knowledge of. Unless you have been fabricating your own various images of what Persona 5 would be like inside your head.

I suspect we've all been fabricating such images.

Moonlight

Banned
I am curious as to how you can dream about something you have no knowledge of. Unless you have been fabricating your own various images of what Persona 5 would be like inside your head.

I suspect we've all been fabricating such images.
You mean Rise won't be every Social Link?

;)

:(

Sophia

If you believe in the theory of infinite universes, yes. Of course that would also mean there is a universe out there where I am a robot produced to mass murder everyone. :(

Caladrius

I can't help but wonder if they're going to hold the reveal off until either the company gets it's bearings or "Atlus" is sold.

(Pssst. Hey. Been lurking for awhile, finally got my account activated.)

Lunar15

We've known they were going to be delisted for some time now. It just means they can't receive public funding. This is tied to why they need to find a sponsor.

Atlus USA is still paying off invoices, so I'm not worried. If one doesn't clear, I'll let you know.

Trigger

I can't help but wonder if they're going to hold the reveal off until either the company gets it's bearings or "Atlus" is sold.

(Pssst. Hey. Been lurking for awhile, finally got my account activated.)

Better to show it off now for my sake ATLUS pls to show the brand's strength. Atlus has some quality franchises in its stable.

(ONE OF US ONE OF US ONE OF US)

Caladrius

Better to show it off now for my sake ATLUS pls to show the brand's strength. Atlus has some quality franchises in its stable.

(ONE OF US ONE OF US ONE OF US)

I suppose that makes sense. It's just my Finagle sense is tingling.

I got tired of waiting for the rapture reveal and decided to commiserate with PersonaGAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom