• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
Ew, nendoroids. Elizabeth looks good though. Stopped myself buying figures years ago though, kinda glad Thanatos is so expensive so I won't be tempted to buy it :p.

Thanatos is getting a rerelease along with the D-Arts Elizabeth so you should be able to grab him at a more affordable price.

PK Gaming

A crossover between 2 of my favorite things? Yes please.
tumblr_mqel8cpm0M1rqane1o5_250.png
tumblr_mqel8cpm0M1rqane1o7_250.png

tumblr_mqel8cpm0M1rqane1o1_250.png
tumblr_mqel8cpm0M1rqane1o8_250.png

tumblr_mqel8cpm0M1rqane1o2_250.png
tumblr_mqel8cpm0M1rqane1o4_250.png

tumblr_mqel8cpm0M1rqane1o6_250.png
tumblr_mqel8cpm0M1rqane1o3_r1_250.png

Real talk: In what universe would Yu have a skitty

Thanatos is getting a rerelease along with the D-Arts Elizabeth so you should be able to grab him at a more affordable price.
Oh really? Uh oh :p.
Nah, depending on what the price is, I guess one more awesome figure wouldn't break the bank. As long as I don't get into a collecting habit again >_>.
A crossover between 2 of my favorite things? Yes please.
I would have put Rise with Gardevoir. Elegant like Himiko and could scan with psychic powers.

By the way, anyone here got any of the Persona figures?

Edgeward

I'm starting Innocent Sin, can anyone give me some general tips to do or look out for?

How much time should I spend fighting vs conversing with personas?

It's more important to get them interested vs happy? How do I get new personas?

Looks like mp regains fairly quickly after battles so I shouldn't use physical attacks unless it's a weakness, in that case how important is buying weapons? Shouldn't I prioritize armor then?

How should I allocate stats on level-up?

I played Eternal Punishment a long time ago but I was a kid back then and just brute forced my way as much as I could before I couldn't progress further so I never understood how the game worked.

cj_iwakura

I'm starting Innocent Sin, can anyone give me some general tips to do or look out for?

Looks like mp regains fairly quickly after battles so I shouldn't use physical attacks unless it's a weakness, in that case how important is buying weapons? Shouldn't I prioritize armor then?

I played Eternal Punishment a long time ago but I was a kid back then and just brute forced my way as much as I could before I couldn't progress further so I never understood how the game worked.

Look for contacts that make them joyful and interested, which doesn't lead to dialogues(which always have random outcomes).

Then finish it off with an interest once they're at level 2. Negotiation is VERY important, since you need their tarots to summon new personas. It's not as tough as EP, but don't take it lightly.

Weapons are largely unimportant, focus your money on armor, and spread rumors that have good gear at high prices.

Focus on MAG and VIT. You could do a strength build too, but MAG is broken.

PK Gaming

Hints & Tips

• Persona 2 is easy. Like mind numbingly easy (enemies do 1 damage in the first damage, easy), so if you want to experience any sort of challenge, do not buy armor.
  • Follow this spoiler free walkthrough. It's very helpful and has contact info for demons (In other words, it will tell you what contact you should use for each demon. It also clues you on how to do evolve your character's initial Persona (they can be missed) and other helpful secets.
  • Indulge in fusion spells. In addition to being very powerful crowd clearers, fusion spells make leveling up Personas easier, and can produce mutations. Mutations can give you access to "hidden" skills, increase a Personas stats, increase a Personas rank or give them access to a modification ability, which allows them to change into another Persona. Mutations are chance based, and will only activate if you finish a battle with a fusion spell, so it's definitely in your best interest to spam fusion spells.
  • When leveling up, focus on magic (or "DX"), VIT and AGI. The rest of the stats are largely superfluous (I got through the game fine ignoring LUK and STR)

So I just maxed out Margaret's S. Link in P4G. I'm ready to fight her at you know where and I can't. I look up online, and I find out I have to do it on a second playthrough where I had the complete ending. I didn't get the complete ending last time.....

Meia

So I just maxed out Margaret's S. Link in P4G. I'm ready to fight her at you know where and I can't. I look up online, and I find out I have to do it on a second playthrough where I had the complete ending. I didn't get the complete ending last time.....

I thought it only has to be on a game + where you max her link and kill all of the secondary boss shadows?

The two that make the most sense. :p

Sophia

Yo dawgs, Episode 4 is up! I promise that once these start getting hosted on the S. Link FM site, I'll stop spamming this thread with them every day ;P

About half way through the episode right now. The most immediate thing wrong is that sometimes your dialogue gets inane. The scene with Akihiko stands out; I kinda zoned out there because you guys were just... talking. Worse, talking over the story characters sometimes. It's obviously not an issue of being funny, because in the following scenes I was giggling at the dialogue with Yukari and the Protagonist.

It happens again when Magician actually shows up on the roof. You start off on potential humor ("I call bullshit!") and then it turns into someone (PK I think?) mumbling something incoherent. The volume in that scene is really bad too. I can barely hear you guys once the cutscene starts. :(

Thanks for the feedback; we'll take that into consideration.

Also, this is highly relevant to most of the people in this thread.

My username is only 6% Waifu Material, but my real name is 1000000% Waifu Material. M-make up your mind, computer... (*´^`*)

kewlmyc

Dantis

Oh.

Then yeah, get the P4 one. Just be aware that a large amount of the art is just the cutouts from the game and character sketches.

Like, 90% of it.

Also I don't know who to draw today. Someone help me.

Lemstar

I wouldn't mind the content. The bigger concern is whether I'd actually get it or not.

The only time I've ordered something from Amazon that was marked as shipping within 3 months, it ended up shipping the same week, but I don't know what effect being previously out of stock has on availability.

cjkeats

Oh.

Then yeah, get the P4 one. Just be aware that a large amount of the art is just the cutouts from the game and character sketches.

Like, 90% of it.

Also I don't know who to draw today. Someone help me.
Lisa or Rise.
I wouldn't mind the content. The bigger concern is whether I'd actually get it or not.

The only time I've ordered something from Amazon that was marked as shipping within 3 months, it ended up shipping the same week, but I don't know what effect being previously out of stock has on availability.

If it's in stock it should say how soon it ships. Depends if it's a seller or just amazon I guess.

Young Magus

Not Persona related, but wow.

You see this shit? This is why I fear for the direction of the Persona series.

EDIT: Hahahahahahahaha

Until the Persona brand starts making games that are all style/no substance then you can start worrying Dantis.

Final Fantasy/SE and Persona/ATLUS are two different companies, with two different pilisophies, in two different situations
for better or worse

LETS POSITIVE THINKING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom