• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

You say that, but then people say "Watch Attack on Titan, it's really dark and mature" and then post a GIF of a 15 year old girl flying through the air slicing things with a big sword and my brother tells me the ridiculous plot and yuck.

I'm sure there are exceptions and maybe Bebop is one of them, but a lot of anime have stylistic choices in terms of content, setting and writing that are similar and push it beyond a medium and into a label.

Get P3P and IS.

EP is always $10.

Whoever told you that is a fucking idiot.

EDIT: Gurren Lagann is also one of my top anime. However, I already know Dantis would hate it.

Gurren Lagann.

He'll disintegrate from the shonen haato.

Gurren Lagann is my favourite anime of all time and I still agree with this. It'd be like diving into a scalding-hot pool head-first ;P

Also, I've re-uploaded episode 1 of our FES playthrough with improved sound quality so you can actually tell what the heck we're saying. Expect Episode 2 to be re-uploaded tomorrow, with the shiny new and issue-free Episode 5 to follow sometime after.

Levito

Banned
You say that, but then people say "Watch Attack on Titan, it's really dark and mature" and then post a GIF of a 15 year old girl flying through the air slicing things with a big sword and my brother tells me the ridiculous plot and yuck.

I'm sure there are exceptions and maybe Bebop is one of them, but a lot of anime have stylistic choices in terms of content, setting and writing that are similar and push it beyond a medium and into a label.

They're far from all inherently the same, it's a medium, not a genre. If you go into something wanting to dislike it, you're gonna have a bad time. :p

I don't watch anime much at all, but there's a lot of good shows out there.

God this conversation again.

Watch the Berserk movies, they are awesome.

Squire

Banned
This thread needs more Death Note recommendations.

His brothers said he would hate death note, I don't think he would though

HEY DANTIS watch death note and berserk

misa_amane_motivational_by_risenwarrior-d5n4t3e.jpg

Meia

Actually what I think this thread needs is to get back on subject. We've veered way off on how awesome Persona's music is. :p

To be fair, Cowboy Bebop's music is pretty awesome too. :p

Death Note was good til the last stretch of episodes.

Jintor

been a lil' while but i'm still battlin'
movin' fast whiles you just prattlin'
no time for me, no tanglin'
hit you in a spot with no anglin'

I like it myself, but in a discussion about rap/hip-hop, it's terrible and Lotus Juice is terrible.

That thing that scrafty posted is really good, it's a shame that the song sucks in game. Lotus Juice is so terrible (his lyrics, I can't.......) that he's good, he's like the birdemic of persona.

I've never had to use the ignore function, and i'm not about to start now but...
The song is garbage

Squire

Banned
Although I like him in Beauty of Destiny, otherwise I agree with that, fuck Lotus Juice.

Yeah, I mean, I like him in all the Persona songs he's on. He meshes well with what Meguro does with the music and it's great.

But seperate from that? No. No no no no no. I heard him on the Dead or Alive 5 OST and was like, "fuuuuuuck this".

ehhh it's fine

Shrieky and annoying is what it is. Definitely my least-favourite Persona song in the series.

On a more positive note, all of FeMC's music in P3P is awesome. I much, much prefer it to Brotagonist's (aside from Mass Destruction).

9thwonder said:
Hahaha oh man I hate that song and yeah Mass Destruction is catchy I guess. P4 OST is just so much better.

Yup, you're absolutely right there. P4's boss themes alone are out of this world.

Shrieky and annoying is what it is. Definitely my least-favourite Persona song in the series.

On a more positive note, all of FeMC's music in P3P is awesome. I much, much prefer it to Brotagonist's (aside from Mass Destruction).

Yup, you're absolutely right there. P4's boss themes alone are out of this world.

I must have listened to your affection like 300 times It just never gets old. As far as battle themes go, I put it right up there with nocturne (which is saying A LOT)

All of her music huh? I noticed you didn't link this. ;p

Also you people hatin on Deep Breath. Monsters I tell ya.

To the first point: I didn't link it because although a decent song, it breaks my heart that it replaced the vastly superior and really heartwarming Time after summer vacation :'(

To the second point: Hell-oooo! "Devil" is right in my name! ;P

Soul Eater is a wonderful anime. Top 5-material, in my opinion. Its villains and themes in particular are great, and it has one killer Twin Peaks reference in the very first arc.

The English VAs are all amazing, too. I've always preferred dubs to the original voice tracks, but in Soul Eater's case I don't think I could watch it any other way.

Oh, and thishappens (mild first arc spoilers)

The Almighty, Fog, andI'll Face Myselfare among the best boss themes of all time in my opinion.

A New World Fool and The Genesis aren't slouches either, though.

Best boss battle theme of all time??? Ehhhhh I'll probably have to give it to the Advent Children version of One Winged Angel( if that counts :lol). I'm not really sure if fierce battle counts as a boss battle theme but GOD DAMN it's fucking amazing. The fog is probably the best song on the OST to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom