• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

Man, those are so awesome, but like many pictures I love on the internet, the resolution is just sooooo low. :(

Pretty much the reason why I started using wallpapers from here and not from my favorite shows or games. Official ones are usually bad, and fan made ones are usually stuck in 1996 with their 1024x768 resolution. :p

PK Gaming

To be honest, I only ever saw Rise's, because I didn't really want to see any more.

I mean, the thing is, they're not about the girls being angry at you. Rise mostly blames herself for the whole thing, which is just incredibly depressing. It made me feel like a human piece of trash. If you needed a mechanical incentive to be disappointed, then the scene's writing would've failed. Perhaps it did for you; maybe you were sufficiently disconnected from the characters. But I wasn't. It hurt.

It really irks me that you get off relatively scot-free for your actions. None of them chastise Yu for what he did, and are willing to take him back despite knowing full well what he did. Seriously, like you point out they act like they were in the wrong. The fuck?!? For what you did? Give me a break.

He pretty much gets away with playing with their emotions and that always rubbed me the wrong way. I really wanted to see him suffer for what he did; the gameplay suggestion was just another way of doing it, but it would obviously be accompanied by a break up scene)

The breakup scenes did actually end up depressing me though. (especially Chie's, goddamn, her's almost made me tear up) Pimp Yu is funny when you're joking, but it's actually kind of a terrible concept, and i\m genuinely disappointed when people bring that up.

Jintor

For me, it's the dark inverse of being the centre of attention in a videogame (rather like Mitsuo, come to think of it). Because you're the protagonist, because you ARE the most important thing in that universe, you're necessarily destructive on every other character within that world.

Pimp Charlie is funny in the anime because he's not really serious about any relationships there and none of the girls appears to be especially serious either. But they are serious about it in the game, so it brings the dissonance much harder.

PK Gaming

Pimp Charlie is funny in the anime because he's not really serious about any relationships there and none of the girls appears to be especially serious either. But they are serious about it in the game, so it brings the dissonance much harder.

yeah, pimp Yu is fine in the anime, because he's really only flirting with them at most. Instead of actively engaging in intimate relationships with all of them.

I've said this before, but I really wish that the P4 protagonist had a shadow, like in P2.
tumblr_m93k3jrZAS1r8ts75.png

It would have been difficult to implement, given the open-ended nature of the game but if they somehow found a way to tie it back to your decisions, it would be so amazing.

Mendrox

Finished P3P just a hour ago, made it in 42 hours (without doing many sidequests, but with the exception of one Social Link - everything maxed)

I am not sure whether I like P3 or P4 more... I really liked P3P (also watched the cutscenes on youtube) and was really hyped at the final battle with Burn my Dread. I also played the FeMC because she rocks and should be the canon main character lol, well but my answers in the events with ken... were a bit pedoish.

Would love a P3P Golden Version (with the answer and without grinding, with more FeMC canon stories and everything). Really really liked this game.

cj_iwakura

yeah, pimp Yu is fine in the anime, because he's really only flirting with them at most. Instead of actively engaging in intimate relationships with all of them.

I've said this before, but I really wish that the P4 protagonist had a shadow, like in P2.
tumblr_m93k3jrZAS1r8ts75.png

It would have been difficult to implement, given the open-ended nature of the game but if they somehow found a way to tie it back to your decisions, it would be so amazing.

I always thought that P4's shadow was
the killer.

Trigger

lol, well but my answers in the events with ken... were a bit pedoish.

The only social link I don't like. Ken is a fine character, but even the non-romantic answers felt creepy.

Would love a P3P Golden Version (with the answer and without grinding, with more FeMC canon stories and everything). Really really liked this game.

I agree, and there is a new P3 film trilogy starting up....

kewlmyc

To be honest, I only ever saw Rise's, because I didn't really want to see any more.

I mean, the thing is, they're not about the girls being angry at you. Rise mostly blames herself for the whole thing, which is just incredibly depressing. It made me feel like a human piece of trash. If you needed a mechanical incentive to be disappointed, then the scene's writing would've failed. Perhaps it did for you; maybe you were sufficiently disconnected from the characters. But I wasn't. It hurt.

Yeah, seriously. It's a bit sociopathic to feel good or proud at being a "pimp" for sleeping with all these fictional characters while at the same time feeling nothing for hurting them.

I went the "pimp" route since it has more content and no real downside other that Valentines day, and even then Valentines day still has more content than sticking to one girl does. And you can still be engaged with the characters (it's kinda mandatory since it's an 80 hour game) yet still find some of the scenes lacking. For me that was Valentines Day. It felt that suddenly I was supposed to feel bad for the actions that I did, but the game barely put any effort into making me feel bad before 2/14. Most of the time when a character found you with another female it led to an awkward, yet lighthearted joke that felt like something out of a romantic comedy. It didn't help that the characters didn't blame you at all. Instead of making you feel like dirt, I ended up pitying the girls more than anything for not being honest with themselves.

Yeah, still too low, though :(
What kind of resolution does your computer have? Just curious though.

PK Gaming

Naoto: There is a mystery, and I know the answer, yet I want to look away from it...

Naoto: I'm a failure for someone who claims to be after the truth...

Yu: lol (sweatdrop)

#DontReachOutToTheTruth

kewlmyc

What content does dating every girl provide more of instead of not?

Instead of playing the game 5 times over, you can just save and reload in order to see each girl's (and the guys) Christmas, Valentines, and New Years events. I did it in case I never had time to replay P4G.

FluxWaveZ

Instead of playing the game 5 times over, you can just save and reload in order to see each girl's (and the guys) Christmas, Valentines, and New Years events. I did it in case I never had time to replay P4G.

Ah, I see. When it comes to narrative focused games, I don't really put effort into getting as much content as possible because then it's as though none of the decisions I make would hold any importance and as though I wouldn't be playing the game for the sake of experiencing the story.

kewlmyc

Ah, I see. When it comes to narrative focused games, I don't really put effort into getting as much content as possible because then it's as though none of the decisions I make would hold any importance and as though I wouldn't be playing the game for the sake of experiencing the story.
I understand that. That's what I did in the original P4. Since P4G was my second full play through of P4, I changed it up a bit. This time I saved, did the route that I wanted to do, saved in a different slot, then went back and saw what content I missed. It's also how I got to see both bad ends.
2560x1440, twice.

Impressive. I've always wanted a 1440p monitor, but those rarely come in 120/144hz. Or at least I've haven't been able to find one yet.

Shmeeb, how long did you say it took you to draw that image of Aigis in her kimono?
Why you ask?

I have absolutely no idea, man. Sorry :p. Way longer than it should, that's for sure, but that's because it's been a trial-and-error learning process, I don't usually draw anime-style and use pen lines and such. I've been working on it in bits after I do Photoshop work during the day so I haven't been keeping track. Doing so right now actually, can't get the goddam face right, driving me nuts >_<.

Meia

I only do max link playthroughs to get the most out of my experience, plus I'd feel bad leaving anyone behind. Given that, I still wouldn't think to "date" everyone possible for fear of missing content, that's what Youtube is for. :p

It says a lot about a game itself when you actually find yourself feeling bad for characters. Not many games achieve that, and it's the ones that do that are really special.

Levito

Banned
DO YOU FEEL THAT? The #Robotgirls ELECTRICITY.

Karen is the guest I've wanted on more than any other since we started this thing.

SO HYPE

Astra

DO YOU FEEL THAT? The #Robotgirls ELECTRICITY.

Karen is the guest I've wanted on more than any other since we started this thing.

SO HYPE

Awesome, can't wait for this one. She's a great VA.
Though why do you want her on more than any other?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom