• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar15

I love how the cover is literally P3MC, and then his hair is different in the actual game.

Also, Wii U failing is making me think that the chances of P5 on Wii U just got even lower.

You know, like, less than zero.

If it was coming to Wii U, we would have heard about it before SMTxFE. If Nintendo had wrangled both as exclusives, I'm pretty sure they would have focused on announcing Persona in order to drive sales.

Sophia

I love how the cover is literally P3MC, and then his hair is different in the actual game.

Also, Wii U failing is making me think that the chances of P5 on Wii U just got even lower.

You know, like, less than zero.

It was already less than zero. :p

Breath of Fire IV has such beautiful animations.

Levito

Banned
I didn't slam Breaking Bad's writing, you plonker.

And I didn't say I hated Bebop.

omgsodumb.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I meant the conversation is dumb, not you. Don't want you jumping the gun on this too! HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE

Dude, we all good. All I'm saying is while Nathan Fillion was signing autographs at a convention you've never heard of, Bryan Crantson was adding several Emmys to his pile!

We mad tyte Dantis-kun. *brohugs*

Dantis

It was already less than zero. :p

Breath of Fire IV has such beautiful animations.

They are fucking unbelievable. I'm going to make an RTTP soon. The visuals have aged beautifully.

Dude, we all good. All I'm saying is while Nathan Fillion was signing autographs at a convention you've never heard of, Bryan Crantson was adding several Emmys to his pile!

We mad tyte Dantis-kun. *brohugs*

Well now I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Bryan Cranston is forever Hal in my eyes.

Sophia

They are fucking unbelievable. I'm going to make an RTTP soon. The visuals have aged beautifully.

With all the stuff regarding Nu-Breath of Fire 6 Online Touch Battle Extreme!! I decided to replay 3 and 4. I uh... need to actually find 3 first tho. I don't know where the disc is, but it wasn't on the shelf. :(

Poor Nina, running into a nude boy. >_>;

Dantis

With all the stuff regarding Nu-Breath of Fire 6 Online Touch Battle Extreme!! I decided to replay 3 and 4. I uh... need to actually find 3 first tho. I don't know where the disc is, but it wasn't on the shelf. :(

Poor Nina, running into a nude boy. >_>;

Pfft, she's all over him by the end of the game (In a completely surprising character development) anyway!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Also, that weird persona knock-off OT on the main page is weirding me out. I just want P5, dang it.

What if....

that IS Persona 5?! :O

(Also, anyone remember some RPG that was just announced where you make some robot partner? I forget the title of it, but I'm sure it was for Vita.)

Levito

Banned
You mean the Vita RPg that had characters that look exactly like the male P3 MC and Aigis?

Yeah that was funny, so shameless.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Gave up on Persona 1 PSP in the final dungeon(SEBEC True Ending). Just reached my threshold as I lost all motivation to keep leveling up for survival and especially just to equip the next tier of fusions(including the long slog to equip the ultimate Persona's I earned in the previous dungeon).

Just over 30 hours of play though, hit lvl 50 for everyone. It had its ups and downs but the experience really wore me down in the last few dungeons. Just a big slog with not much satisfaction or rewards(thanks to the severe level requirements to equip fused persona's).

Watched the ending on Youtube and I really didn't miss anything spending a few more hours grinding through the tedious final dungeon. The story was really meh overall, actually more lighthearted than dark on the whole. Lots of "meaning of friendship" and "being your true self" melodrama, which is hard to fault considering this is a mid 90's game, I guess I expected more crazy demented plotting which I presume is in P2. The game did really had some wholly unique concepts for the era though(split scenarios, multiple endings, hard party choice/selection) most of which is designed for replay, but the gameplay itself really didn't hold up. Much of my journey through was difficult to maintain motivation, and I often perked back up when I equipped new persona's, which I never felt I was given a lot of choices thanks to having limited selections for my levels at any given time.

Might need a break before diving into Persona 2(the whole reason I bothered with P1 at all!). Knowing that P2 goes even further down the rabbit hole with negotiating for tarot cards and the EX skill discovery...eh I really want to see the story unfold, but the game is not enticing me.

Actually debating finally starting P4Golden instead, I feel the need for a modern game now...

Venfayth

Might need a break before diving into Persona 2(the whole reason I bothered with P1 at all!). Knowing that P2 goes even further down the rabbit hole with negotiating for tarot cards and the EX skill discovery...eh I really want to see the story unfold, but the game is not enticing me.

Actually debating finally starting P4Golden instead, I feel the need for a modern game now...

Do this.

Sophia

I've been here a while now, and still don't know whether or not to trust Kagari's word or not.

If you see moderators hinting at something, it's legit. That said, plans do change, so keep that in mind.

Your post just made me realize that I'm one of the oldest posters in this thread, join date wise. Only Brandon F is older. >_>;

kewlmyc

She's legit

If a mod says something like that, it's best to trust them.

If you see moderators hinting at something, it's legit. That said, plans do change, so keep that in mind.

Your post just made me realize that I'm one of the oldest posters in this thread, join date wise. Only Brandon F is older. >_>;

You can trust her. She's my senior at RPGSite.

Okay, I'll take your guys/gals' word on it. Still not boarding the hype train yet. Don't think I can survive another wreck.

And yet an Atlus employee said not to expect it for sometime!

Mad they need to just show this game already.
To be fair, I wouldn't go around telling random people company secrets either.

Brandon F

Have you not played it before? If so, dive in. I'd hate for the older entries to sour you on the franchise.

I put 80+ hours into P3 FES years ago(but sadly never finished it). I watched the entirety of the P4 Endurance Run each day it was posted during that run, but never played the game myself.

So yea I'm itching to play P4 myself, maybe it is time. P4 Golden adds a lot of new content right? So I'll have a lot of fresh stuff to enjoy despite sort of recalling a lot from the GB Endurance Run?

PK Gaming

You should be fine.

It goes without saying, but there's a huge difference between watching the game and playing it. You'll have fun shaping your own destiny / team set up, even if you've already seen it before.

There's a sizeable chunk of a stuff you haven't seen in regards to Golden (hint, max out the new Aeon social link before December. It's in your best interest to do so...)

Trigger

I put 80+ hours into P3 FES years ago(but sadly never finished it). I watched the entirety of the P4 Endurance Run each day it was posted during that run, but never played the game myself.

So yea I'm itching to play P4 myself, maybe it is time. P4 Golden adds a lot of new content right? So I'll have a lot of fresh stuff to enjoy despite sort of recalling a lot from the GB Endurance Run?

Absolutely. I think the game was made with both newcomers and old residents of Inaba in mind. :)

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

If there is any mod to trust, it's Kagari.

And yet an Atlus employee said not to expect it for sometime!

Mad they need to just show this game already.

It was either saints row 4 the whole time, half life 3 the whole time, or it's an online iOS touch game with shitty art that doesn't resemble the series at all.

PK Gaming

Just saw this Persona 2: EP commercial

My innocent sin: Playing both Persona 2 games
My eternal punishment: Living in a world where Persona 2: Eternal Punishment isn't translated

I'm starting to regret getting into Persona 2 :(

Young Magus

Just saw this Persona 2: EP commercial

My innocent sin: Playing both Persona 2 games
My eternal punishment: Living in a world where Persona 2: Eternal Punishment isn't translated

I'm starting to regret getting into Persona 2 :(

It's ok PK, look at the bright side...you were able to experience both game in English where before we just had EP running over 60 bucks.

LETS POSITIVE THINKING

Brandon F

Urgh...started p2 IS and a couple hours in so far and I don't think I can manage playing more.

I just finished p1, but man so many design choices are just backwards here. The negotiation system is made worse by having team conversations possible greatly expanding the possible trial and error possibilities. And it's sloooooowww.... Unskippable animations and sound effects make clicking through choices to find a good response such a chore. Oh and it's way too easy to break pacts prolonging the entire process for tarot earning.

The new tarot system sucks! P1 had you collecting a single card from monsters for quick and dirty fusing. Now I have to collect dozens of cards to summon demons at the velvet room forcing negotiations even further! Such a tedious process! Oh and in between you need to really grind because demons won't give u jack if you aren't at level parity with them.

The Fusion skill system is a nice chrono trigger -like concept for combining skills for dramatically powerful attacks and faster rank grinding for equipped personas. But the ui is so clunky and constantly asks to confirm everything! Thankfully you can access a menu in battle to auto arrange turn order to pull off fusion attacks, but without a guide discovering these fusions on your own is a clunky mess with more button clicks than necessary.

Loading is a couple secs in and out of battle which can really wear down my motivation further.

Dying to play this duology but I don't think I'm able. P1 had issues but it was speedy and less cumbersome in all the systems. I guess I may skip right to p4 golden afterall.

Dantis

Someone on GamFAQs said that I should draw a picture of Jack Frost dressed as Narukami. Instead, today I drew a picture of Chie dressed as Jack Frost.

tumblr_mqvflrn0ko1s602ggo1_1280.png

Dantis

...you post to GameFAQs?

Also, that's great.

Pfft, no. I just wanted to secretly advertise my Tumblr on there, so I made a topic asking for suggestions.

I used to post there a lot when Golden and Arena were first announced because I didn't have a GAF account, and it drove me up the frigging wall. The Persona community on there is exactly the kind that I dislike.

EDIT: I should point out that it wasn't all bad. There was a guy on there I used to talk to who knew a shit-ton about Soejima. He reads GAF (Or did, at least), so I figure that I should point out that I'm talking about the majority. ;)

There was also Buddha and Iwakura, haha.

I approve of Chei Frost.

Chee-Ho?

I think you just blew my mind.

Venfayth

Dantis, your art looks better to me in it's rougher forms, like that chie pic and the other rough draft you posted in the last few pages.

Urgh...started p2 IS and a couple hours in so far and I don't think I can manage playing more.

I just finished p1, but man so many design choices are just backwards here. The negotiation system is made worse by having team conversations possible greatly expanding the possible trial and error possibilities. And it's sloooooowww.... Unskippable animations and sound effects make clicking through choices to find a good response such a chore. Oh and it's way too easy to break pacts prolonging the entire process for tarot earning.

The new tarot system sucks! P1 had you collecting a single card from monsters for quick and dirty fusing. Now I have to collect dozens of cards to summon demons at the velvet room forcing negotiations even further! Such a tedious process! Oh and in between you need to really grind because demons won't give u jack if you aren't at level parity with them.

The Fusion skill system is a nice chrono trigger -like concept for combining skills for dramatically powerful attacks and faster rank grinding for equipped personas. But the ui is so clunky and constantly asks to confirm everything! Thankfully you can access a menu in battle to auto arrange turn order to pull off fusion attacks, but without a guide discovering these fusions on your own is a clunky mess with more button clicks than necessary.

Loading is a couple secs in and out of battle which can really wear down my motivation further.

Dying to play this duology but I don't think I'm able. P1 had issues but it was speedy and less cumbersome in all the systems. I guess I may skip right to p4 golden afterall.
Are you playing the PSP version of PS:IS? If so you can skip the tarot card/negotiations completely and just use the main persona they give you during the game(you'll have to use a guide though, the ultimate persona for each character can only be obtained by collecting masks in a certain dungeon or making certain decisions during the story). The game is piss easy and fusing persona just isn't necessary, you can also skip all animation by pressing start. For P2:EP I would just recommend you just downloading a completed game save with maxed everything and starting new game plus. That way you don't have bother with the games tedious gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom