• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Urgh...started p2 IS and a couple hours in so far and I don't think I can manage playing more.

I just finished p1, but man so many design choices are just backwards here. The negotiation system is made worse by having team conversations possible greatly expanding the possible trial and error possibilities. And it's sloooooowww.... Unskippable animations and sound effects make clicking through choices to find a good response such a chore. Oh and it's way too easy to break pacts prolonging the entire process for tarot earning.

The new tarot system sucks! P1 had you collecting a single card from monsters for quick and dirty fusing. Now I have to collect dozens of cards to summon demons at the velvet room forcing negotiations even further! Such a tedious process! Oh and in between you need to really grind because demons won't give u jack if you aren't at level parity with them.

The Fusion skill system is a nice chrono trigger -like concept for combining skills for dramatically powerful attacks and faster rank grinding for equipped personas. But the ui is so clunky and constantly asks to confirm everything! Thankfully you can access a menu in battle to auto arrange turn order to pull off fusion attacks, but without a guide discovering these fusions on your own is a clunky mess with more button clicks than necessary.

Loading is a couple secs in and out of battle which can really wear down my motivation further.

Dying to play this duology but I don't think I'm able. P1 had issues but it was speedy and less cumbersome in all the systems. I guess I may skip right to p4 golden afterall.

Try using this guide. It gives you contact info and a ton of helpful hints & tips that should hopefully make it easier for you to get into Persona 2.

Someone on GamFAQs said that I should draw a picture of Jack Frost dressed as Narukami. Instead, today I drew a picture of Chie dressed as Jack Frost.

That Chie looks super cute ♪ I'm really enjoying your character / clothing mix & match.

Young Magus

Try using this guide. It gives you contact info and a ton of helpful hints & tips that should hopefully make it easier for you to get into Persona 2.

That Chie looks super cute ♪ I'm really enjoying your character / clothing mix & match.

I recommend this guide as well!!

Also, Dantis keep it up man!!! Your work is baller

cj_iwakura

GameFAQs is a great place for niche game info. Ask a question about anything new or old and someone will have an answer in a day.

I love that you think that was a factor in people not purchasing the game.

What do you think it was? Serious question.

Also, does this make Bebop's OP better? :p

Dantis

GameFAQs is a great place for niche game info. Ask a question about anything new or old and someone will have an answer in a day.

What do you think it was? Serious question.

Also, does this make Bebop's OP better? :p

I've seen that video before. Very cool, though I still don't like the song.

And I think EP didn't sell because it was old Persona. Persona 1 sold well because it had the new Meguro soundtrack and the CG and the rebalance and whatnot. Innocent Sin was more of a straight port, and I think things like getting Konishi and Kitajoh to redo the soundtrack will have gone down better with fans of the original games (A relatively small market), it will have looked less appealing to fans of the newer games (A bigger market).

Forgot to post it earlier, but Episode 5 of our FES LP is up, sans volume level problems! Soon these updates will be moved to S. Link FM's website and I'll stop bothering the dozens of you who probably don't care about this at all.

Remember, criticism is both welcomed and appreciated. We do listen to it!

Someone on GamFAQs said that I should draw a picture of Jack Frost dressed as Narukami. Instead, today I drew a picture of Chie dressed as Jack Frost.

Draw a film noire stlye naoto with black, white and dark blue colors.

Narukami and Serph side by side, Kanji and Dojima wearing coat capes, Kei Nanjo and Mitsuru Kirijo doing rich stuff or plotting something together, Baofu lookin cool or something, or draw mind 0 guy lookin all persona like.

Wait...Dantis, you think that's why P1P sold well and P2EPP didn't? Wat?

"But for you Persona-GAF, it was Soonsday!"

Urgh...started p2 IS and a couple hours in so far and I don't think I can manage playing more.

I just finished p1, but man so many design choices are just backwards here. The negotiation system is made worse by having team conversations possible greatly expanding the possible trial and error possibilities. And it's sloooooowww.... Unskippable animations and sound effects make clicking through choices to find a good response such a chore. Oh and it's way too easy to break pacts prolonging the entire process for tarot earning.

The new tarot system sucks! P1 had you collecting a single card from monsters for quick and dirty fusing. Now I have to collect dozens of cards to summon demons at the velvet room forcing negotiations even further! Such a tedious process! Oh and in between you need to really grind because demons won't give u jack if you aren't at level parity with them.

The Fusion skill system is a nice chrono trigger -like concept for combining skills for dramatically powerful attacks and faster rank grinding for equipped personas. But the ui is so clunky and constantly asks to confirm everything! Thankfully you can access a menu in battle to auto arrange turn order to pull off fusion attacks, but without a guide discovering these fusions on your own is a clunky mess with more button clicks than necessary.

Loading is a couple secs in and out of battle which can really wear down my motivation further.

Dying to play this duology but I don't think I'm able. P1 had issues but it was speedy and less cumbersome in all the systems. I guess I may skip right to p4 golden afterall.

IS should be played even though it's constantly repetitive and the the demon convos are the only highlight. It's sad, as Soul Hackers (out just before it) had a magnificent-for-its-time battle system and all the glorious Kaneko art you could stand. Thing is with IS/EP, is that the rest of the games are absolutely excellent, so it's still worth that slog.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

Nice guide! Gonna start using it to just make the play through painless. I spent an a couple hours alone in dungeon 1 negotiating and practically hating the game, but this will hopefully be better.

Still really bummed that the gameplay itself is so weak. Much prefer strong combat and mechanics but I've heard so much good stuff about p2 that ill give it a chance.

cjkeats

Nice guide! Gonna start using it to just make the play through painless. I spent an a couple hours alone in dungeon 1 negotiating and practically hating the game, but this will hopefully be better.

Still really bummed that the gameplay itself is so weak. Much prefer strong combat and mechanics but I've heard so much good stuff about p2 that ill give it a chance.

I was having the same probelms as you, but I used that guide and it's like magic. Makes everything go smooth even with the slow-ass battles. Much more enjoyable.

cj_iwakura

I've seen that video before. Very cool, though I still don't like the song.

And I think EP didn't sell because it was old Persona. Persona 1 sold well because it had the new Meguro soundtrack and the CG and the rebalance and whatnot. Innocent Sin was more of a straight port, and I think things like getting Konishi and Kitajoh to redo the soundtrack will have gone down better with fans of the original games (A relatively small market), it will have looked less appealing to fans of the newer games (A bigger market).

EP was done the same way as Innocent Sin.

I thought for sure that was going to be this.

Megaten's is actually animated for one.

Sophia

Forgot to post it earlier, but Episode 5 of our FES LP is up, sans volume level problems! Soon these updates will be moved to S. Link FM's website and I'll stop bothering the dozens of you who probably don't care about this at all.

omg, it's glorious. I can hear you two now. PK's still a bit quiet tho.

Much much better than the previous episode in every way possible. :D

cj_iwakura

I wish more people could like P2, it's one of my favorite game/s of all time, warts and all.

I'd like to think if they had played it when it came out, they'd love it as much as we do. But hey, better it gets people to try it and not like it than not try it at all.

omg, it's glorious. I can hear you two now. PK's still a bit quiet tho.

Much much better than the previous episode in every way possible. :D

We took pretty much all of your suggestions to heart, and tried to both stay on-topic and keep quite while the characters are talking. If you have any other suggestions for the show's continuing improvement, we'd love to hear them!

Sophia

We took pretty much all of your suggestions to heart, and tried to both stay on-topic and keep quite while the characters are talking. If you have any other suggestions for the show's continuing improvement, we'd love to hear them!

It shows. It's a lot better. The rest is just you two practicing so you become natural at it. :D

The scene in the dorm room made me laugh, mostly because of the replies to Mitsuru's questions and stuff.

Moonlight

Banned

All the Yukari hate, smh. 0/10 would not watch again.

But for real, I love it. You guys play off each other well.

PK might wanna put the mic closer to his mouth, though. You've still kinda still got tunnel-voice going on.

I'd rather trust my instincts.

image.php

Sophia

They had to retool the combat for touchphones, Levito. For example you swipe the screen rapidly to do more damage during an all out attack. ;p

And if you don't have time to fuse new Personae, don't worry. I hear they'll be offering a $1.99 per Persona fusion option. It automatically picks the best skills too if you pay 50 cents more!

Levito

Banned
They had to retool the combat for touchphones, Levito. For example you swipe the screen rapidly to do more damage during an all out attack. ;p

And if you don't have time to fuse new Personae, don't worry. I hear they'll be offering a $1.99 per Persona fusion option. It automatically picks the best skills too if you pay 50 cents more!

T-that's... Not funny, cause it's a possibility.

Trigger

You're scaring me. I couldn't handle that.

Sophia

T-that's... Not funny, cause it's a possibility.
You're scaring me. I couldn't handle that.

They retooled the social link system too. When you first make your character you'll start out with 100 Social Link Points. Whenever you want to advance a Social link, you'll spend points on the respective arcana. Every eight hours you'll be given 20 points automatically, and you can purchase points for $1/$2/$5/$10/$20 at the local shops in the games stores. Defeating bosses in the games dungeons will also sometimes earn you bonus social link points, as will story events.

I've seen so many bad "free to play" games over the years I know exactly how they work, and I'm disturbed by myself.

They retooled the social link system too. When you first make your character you'll start out with 100 Social Link Points. Whenever you want to advance a Social link, you'll spend points on the respective arcana. Every eight hours you'll be given 20 points automatically, and you can purchase points for $1/$2/$5/$10/$20 at the local shops in the games stores. Defeating bosses in the games dungeons will also sometimes earn you bonus social link points, as will story events.

I've seen so many bad "free to play" games over the years I know exactly how they work, and I'm disturbed by myself.

How many points does each rank cost?

Sophia

How many points does each rank cost?

It increases exponentially. The first few ranks are pretty cheap, but the later ranks are pretty expensive.

It's like Rank 1 is 10 points, Rank 2 is 25 points, Rank 3 is 40 points, Rank 4 is 65 points, Rank 5 is 100 points, Rank 6 is 200 points, Rank 7 is 350 points, Rank 8 is 400 points, Rank 9 and 10 are 500 points. You can also get one time bonus XP for 500 Social Link points if you do it past rank 10.

Oh an lookie. Big clean version of the music poster

and looks like there's a remix album happening. The cover is sexual, other than the big letters.

That poster is awesome, and... a club arrange? Huh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom