• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

All the Yukari hate, smh. 0/10 would not watch again.

But for real, I love it. You guys play off each other well.

PK might wanna put the mic closer to his mouth, though. You've still kinda still got tunnel-voice going on.

Darn you cheap ass microphone!

I'll see if I can fix that through unobtrusive sound editing. Thanks for the feedback guys, we really appreciate it!

Levito

Banned
They retooled the social link system too. When you first make your character you'll start out with 100 Social Link Points. Whenever you want to advance a Social link, you'll spend points on the respective arcana. Every eight hours you'll be given 20 points automatically, and you can purchase points for $1/$2/$5/$10/$20 at the local shops in the games stores. Defeating bosses in the games dungeons will also sometimes earn you bonus social link points, as will story events.

I've seen so many bad "free to play" games over the years I know exactly how they work, and I'm disturbed by myself.

Yeah just imagine how they could microtransaction the fuck out of glasses.

....Again.

Sophia

....Again.

What? That's one easy. All the extra character outfits and accessories can be bought in shops using Yen (in-game currency) or Macca (real money currency!) There will of course be a store selling classic MegaTen/P1/P2 outfits. Just so they can hook Buddha and steal all of his money on the game.

They cost at least ten times more in yen tho. Oh and you'll sometimes get some at random too in the game's dungeons!

Trigger

....Again.

I actually bought the glasses DLC.
grQwy6T.png

Levito

Banned
I didn't buy any of the Arena DLC, cause it was all shite.

Hard to justify a lot of DLC purchases now, ArenaNet's free BiWeekly content patches for Guild Wars 2 have spoiled me.

I can't wait to snag that day 1 Dragon's Crown narrator DLC next week

and I won't feel guilty because for the first month it's a free download :D

Levito

Banned
Man I need to get back into Guild Wars 2, haven't played in like 2 months, luckily Jira is my hombrey and I'll never get kicked out of GAFwars. haha

jaxword

If a mod says something like that, it's best to trust them.

I wouldn't be too sure. There's a mod, who I won't name out of respect for the rules, who tends to spout off about what they know about Jrpgs and doesn't really get it right as it's all opinion.

A mod is a human being just like we are, it doesn't grant them special knowledge beyond what they already had.

I wouldn't be too sure. There's a mod, who I won't name out of respect for the rules, who tends to spout off about what they know about Jrpgs and doesn't really get it right as it's all opinion.

A mod is a human being just like we are, it doesn't grant them special knowledge beyond what they already had.

Most of the mods here work for higher publications that would grant them this sort of knowledge, though. This sort of hinting has happened before in the leadup to big reveals, and Kagari in particular has hinted at something that eventually got announced on more than one occasion before.

Levito

Banned
Yup, right down to the cryptic mods thing.

Sorry guys but we've been down this street way too many times now, the cynicism is at an all time high.

We should bet icons on it again, I wont make it anything bad that makes babies afraid to post too. :p

Probably just The Rock with Aigis headphones etc.

jaxword

Most of the mods here work for higher publications that would grant them this sort of knowledge, though. This sort of hinting has happened before in the leadup to big reveals, and Kagari in particular has hinted at something that eventually got announced on more than one occasion before.

Kagari's a trustworthy person, I wasn't talking about them.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

I know Kagari does.

Who are the others?

I know Kagari does.

Who are the others?

I know for a fact that EatChildren, duckroll and Aeana get information due to their positions in the gaming world, and I've heard rumblings that Seda and Cyan might be privy to some extra knowledge as well. As for the rest, I really can't say.

Meia

I have no doubt in my mind that I'll buy every costume that comes out for P5.

You just know there'll be a set of costumes for characters from 4. And I shall buy ALL of them.

Though to be fair, costumes in an RPG get more play than glasses in a fighting game. Still not sure why the hell I bought them, though glasses are frickin awesome.

It's probably also safer at this point to say Persona 5 will be announced soon than otherwise anyway. Doesn't mean we have a timetable for it, just that it's coming, which we all know anyway. Still think the music fest is it, though the movie release is also likely.

Sophia

It's probably also safer at this point to say Persona 5 will be announced soon than otherwise anyway. Doesn't mean we have a timetable for it, just that it's coming, which we all know anyway. Still think the music fest is it, though the movie release is also likely.

You think? I think there's been a pretty good time frame established, considering barring any plan changes, we know it will most likely be before the Tokyo Game show, but after Persona Music FES 2013.

This puts it at the second half of August or the first week of September. August 20th, August 27th, or September 3rd.

The only question we don't know is if they'll show something at Persona Music FES 2013.

cjkeats

You just know there'll be a set of costumes for characters from 4. And I shall buy ALL of them.

Though to be fair, costumes in an RPG get more play than glasses in a fighting game. Still not sure why the hell I bought them, though glasses are frickin awesome.
My idea scenario would be that we get costumes of all the various school uniforms from all the games, heck, even SMT If... and I can have each party member in a different uniform.

Music FES is a very safe bet. It's huge this year.

The only question we don't know is if they'll show something at Persona Music FES 2013.

I can't imagine a better place. A sold out arena and across various cinemas all over Japan? It's too perfect.

Trigger

Lunar15

My idea scenario would be that we get costumes of all the various school uniforms from all the games, heck, even SMT If... and I can have each party member in a different uniform.

Music FES is a very safe bet. It's huge this year.

I can't imagine a better place. A sold out arena and across various cinemas all over Japan? It's too perfect.

I do think it's a perfect place to reveal it, but at the same time, I'm not sure if the games media would be receptive of it. There'd have to be a follow up in famitsu like, the very next day, otherwise a lot of us wouldn't even know about it.

cjkeats

I do think it's a perfect place to reveal it, but at the same time, I'm not sure if the games media would be receptive of it. There'd have to be a follow up in famitsu like, the very next day, otherwise a lot of us wouldn't even know about it.

There probably will be. But at the same time, the world is pretty small today. Twitter would explode from people at the events. I'd imagine Atlus would upload whatever teaser or trailer on their own stuff too right away.

Squire

Banned

Famitsu has timed covers to announcements before. Quite often, actually. Game Informer often does the same in the west.

FluxWaveZ

I swear if you guys are wrong this time.

Brace yourself, since it'll all be known on the 13th of August, just under two weeks from now.

I'll take my part as the antagonist in this little story and say that Persona 5 will not be announced on the week of the 13th.

Sophia

There is no guarantee anything will be announced on August 13th specifically. It could easily be closer to the Tokyo Game Show. Don't get your hopes up for any specific date.

I swear if you guys are wrong this time.

lol

Part of me wants to post this every single time someone mentions Famitsu, but if I do it'll be considered Spam most likely

tumblr_mi30b3m0ra1rxwuovo1_250.gif

As for whatever big event comes next, shit, I still don't expect it there. I'd go to at or around TGS as a most likely guess imo.

Sure, but then I think back to previous years when people were badly hoping/guessing that Persona 5 would be at TGS to no avail.

Well put me in the guess camp. And if I'm wrong on that, oh well. It is just a guess, not much evidence to back it up after all. The fall just seems like a more natural time for this imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom