• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

In all honesty, when it comes it comes. I have enough games to hold me over until the announcement and actual release.

I just feel as if they're stalling. The game has been in development ever since Catherine finished right?

FluxWaveZ

Well put me in the guess camp. And if I'm wrong on that, oh well. It is just a guess, not much evidence to back it up after all. The fall just seems like a more natural time for this imo.

Pretty much all we have are guesses. I maintain that it's either Q3 or 2014 and around TGS is when I would pin a reveal date like you, so my time frame would be between September 8 and September 22.

The game has been in development ever since Catherine finished right?

Development confirmed by Hashino on March 24, 2010. Approximately the same period when development actually started.

Meia

It announced at the end of the Persona 3 movie is probably more likely than TGS. :p

I'm just along for the ride. Sooner or later it'll get announced, the reactions will be priceless, and then we'll all want to know more about the game because the reveal won't "reveal" much.

kewlmyc

Think bigger: Fall release! Worldwide!

We can dream right?

The release dates aren't far from the announcement dates when it comes to Atlus developed games. I could see an early Summer release if you guys are right about the August announcement
which you aren't. T_T

It announced at the end of the Persona 3 movie is probably more likely than TGS. :p
It'll probably be a teaser for P3 Movie 2, like how P3 Movie 1 was a teaser at the end of the P4 recap movie

The release dates aren't far from the announcement dates when it comes to Atlus developed games. I could see an early Summer release if you guys are right about the August announcement
which you aren't. T_T

image.php

Well it is kinda fitting

Dantis

To be fair, the E3 reveal was something we ostensibly came up with ourselves, in this thread.

This is different.

Actually, we didn't, and it's not.

I probably shouldn't say any more than that, but we didn't just conjure it up out of nothing.

Oh an lookie. Big clean version of the music poster

Edit: There's a t-shirt too.
and looks like there's a remix album happening. The cover is sexual, other than the big letters.

Amazing. If CDJapan get that T shirt in, I'm buying it.

Jintor

Where are you butts from anyway

I know dantis-kun is from that most kawaii of places, england. But the rest of ya'll... idk.

<--- Sydney, Au.

Squire

Banned
Actually, we didn't, and it's not.

I probably shouldn't say any more than that, but we didn't just conjure it up out of nothing.

We did.

E3 was never specifically mentioned by anyone. We had a feeling and ran with it.

This is different.

I know dantis-kun is from that most kawaii of places, england. But the rest of ya'll... idk.

<--- Sydney, Au.

Los Angeles, yo.

Dantis

I mean, that's moot, right? We're not discussing if the information is good, we're discussing if the context is different. And it's not.

Whether or not I know Kagari (And honestly, I doubt you know her that well anyway), or how trustworthy a source she is, or anything else, is kind of irrelevant.

Squire

Banned
I mean, that's moot, right? We're not discussing if the information is good, we're discussing if the context is different. And it's not.

Whether or not I know Kagari (And honestly, I doubt you know her that well anyway), or how trustworthy a source she is, or anything else, is kind of irrelevant.

I don't get what you're arguing. And yes, I know her that well. I wouldn't have even brought this up if not. I'm also not just talking about her.

Meia

<--- Sydney, Au.

Monroe, NY. Aka have to drive 10 minutes just to get to anywhere. :p

/refuses to get hyped again. The only way to win the "Is P5 coming out yet?!" game is to not play. :)

Sophia

We did.

E3 was never specifically mentioned by anyone. We had a feeling and ran with it.

This is different.

I am telling you that you are mistaken. 100%.

There was 'insider information'. It just turned out to be wrong.

Okay let me clarify on this, seeing as I actually know and I'm seeing a lot of misinformation spread. Firstly, there was insider information, and E3 was mentioned in semi-private channels. I think its also obvious by now that the moderators have some/all of that info, seeing as they've been hinting at stuff for quite some time. I don't know what they know, so please don't pester them about it. If they want to give out info, it's up to their discretion. I think they've been pretty generous, all things considered. Secondly, Dantis it wasn't that the info turned out to be wrong, it was just that plans change. Nothing in the video game industry is really set in stone. Especially in regards to an event as big as E3. Things can and will change up to the very last minute, and it's for this reason that insider information generally tends to stay insider, and why the industry people are usually under a non-disclosure agreement.

Fun little side story. I actually learned of some insider info regarding another unrelated, non-Atlus game. It was about a feature that would eventually be added to the game, and there was an unofficial date given in regards to its release. Some people such as myself learned about it through the developers. But at the last moment, the developers decided the feature wasn't ready so they scraped part of it and decided to redo it and polish it up. Unsurprisingly, the feature was pushed back about two months. This is just one example of things that can happen all the time. Personally, I'm not upset about it even thought it's a feature I really want. I kept my expectations in check, and understood that stuff can and will change. But other people are not so reasonable about that. You have to be careful of who you trust with that info if they're not legally bound.

In regards to Persona 5, I think it's safe to say that an official reveal is coming because they registered the domain, and I think it's safe to say that the information is coming sooner rather than later. As in, before the end of the year and probably before TGS if the moderator information is still correct.

I would suggest probably ignoring any E3 or pre-E3 info you have or you think you might have, as it is almost certainly out of date.

EDIT: Duckroll just posted this, and I think it's relevant to the discussion on Persona 5. Bloomberg reports that Index (Atlus) sale could be decided within the month (details)

<--- Sydney, Au.

I live in lower Michigan, USA. Near Ann Arbor.

Dantis

Arena is getting closer to a reasonable price now.

In terms of P5, it's like I said yesterday in the IRC: It seems obvious that it's coming soon, based on what Atlus have coming up (Nothing), the website, and the fact they've been developing it for well over a year. It's just a matter of when.

However, I also feel that any new information that we have is no more or less reliable than what we had around E3.

What kind of reveal are you guys expecting anyway? Just a teaser or some actual solid info?

And Jintor, England ain't kawaii, we're well 'ard 'ere mate.

Lunar15

Boca Raton, FL. SoFlo PGAF represent.

Anyway, the only thing that makes me wonder about P5, is that if it was on say, the PS4, we definitely would have heard about it sooner. I mean, one could argue they'd sit on it till around TGS due to the japanese skew, but it's a tough call. Either way, if P5 was coming to any new system, it would have been touted more heavily to attract the japanese audience.

This makes me think that if it IS coming soon-ish, it's most likely a PS3 game.

Moonlight

Banned
I don't think there was any ever doubt. Atlus has barely released any in-house current generation game themselves (pretty sure it's just been Catherine), I can't imagine them leapfrogging the entire generation given that.

Honestly, I expect Atlus is going to be one of the principle supporters of the PS3 (and maybe even the Xbox) for a good while after the next-generation arrives.

Meia

Persona 3 did come out in the same year that the Playstation 3 first launched in, so which system the game is on really is anybody's game. PS3 is probably the most likely. Hell, it's possible Persona 6 will be on the PS3 as well.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves now.

Dream BIG I say. :D

kewlmyc

Persona 3 did come out in the same year that the Playstation 3 first launched in, so which system the game is on really is anybody's game. PS3 is probably the most likely. Hell, it's possible Persona 6 will be on the PS3 as well.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves now.

Marche90

Oh, we're back to this topic?

Yuka-t... I mean, Yucatan, Mexico.

Sorry, couldn't resist :p. I always thought of that whenever Junpei used that nickname...

Levito

Banned
Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada here.

Hopefully P5 is announced this month, Looking forward to Dantis letting us know how much he doesn't like it. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom