• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pan-hime

Reposting from P4A2 thread via pan-hime:

More of her caps here.

zHhTo7m.gif

also added story intro caps

Neat! Thanks for screenshots.

I posted this picture before:
He has another ring in his eyes just like Aigis.
Arena seems to add the extra ring in the eye to some characters for some reason. Yu has them too. Elizabeth has it in some of her artwork but not others. Chie also has it in her side on 'angry' portrait that appears before a fight.

FluxWaveZ

Wait, did they show the new opening video? Was there a new song?

Yes, full arcade opening which transitioned into the beginning of story mode. It played a complete version of P4A2's main theme that we've heard before.

Much better opening than the original P4A's.

Dantis

I suppose that technically, his design is great, because it's drawn 'wrong', which makes him look like a complete moron and therefore easy to dislike. I really dislike it though, haha.

Soriku

The only thing that irked me about him was the fact that he had a gun in his battle but it was just for show. So much for
becoming an officer just to legally own a gun lolz.

Speaking of antagonists should we expect another
main female
antagonist from Persona team for P5...

I suppose that technically, his design is great, because it's drawn 'wrong', which makes him look like a complete moron and therefore easy to dislike. I really dislike it though, haha.

I really do hope P5 has better antagonists, how can the old team make such good ones and the newer game team make such mediocre ones, they pick up the slack in other areas but imagine if we had an awesome threatening villian again. Also P4A2 doesn't care to spoil that anymore, so now I don't either.

kewlmyc

How is his design drawn "wrong"? I'm not getting your logic here.

I really do hope P5 has better antagonists, how can the old team make such good ones and the newer game team make such mediocre ones, they pick up the slack in other areas but imagine if we had an awesome threatening villian again. Also P4A2 doesn't care to spoil that anymore, so now I don't either.

Good point, how should spoilers for
Adachi
go on from here on out now that the games are spoiling things?

Dantis

How is his design drawn "wrong"? I'm not getting your logic here.

His design doesn't follow Soejima's usual art conventions, which in turn follows general art conventions (To a point, at least). I suppose you could say that he's drawn more like a typical cartoon character.

Jintor

I think he admits as much in the design notes. God, his original appearance was so... weirdly fishlike. he looked like a Ghibli spirit.

Squire

Banned
I hate Adachi so much. Hate his design and hate his character.

Can't believe he's so popular. People are weird.

I completely agree. Can't stand him and the popularity is weird and off-putting.

I feel the same way about people thinking Makoto being a socio-path is cool and everyone in P3 basically hating each other is awesome. That stuff reflects really poorly on the fanbase.

Soriku

I completely agree. Can't stand him and the popularity is weird and off-putting.

I feel the same way about people thinking Makoto being a socio-path is cool and everyone in P3 basically hating each other is awesome. That stuff reflects really poorly on the fanbase.

Everyone in P3 hates each other? Ken hates Shinji and Junpei gets a bit jealous of the MC but what else?

Edit: I guess Yukari kinda hated Mitsuru too.

Dantis

Okay, but then now I might be starting to understand why "PersonaGAF" gets a bad rap.

PersonaGAF gets a bad rap because half of the people think we're obsessive perverts and whatnot and the other half thinks we're judgemental assholes who are biased against anime.

Caladrius

That's largely because any thread Persona related quickly becomes infighting, not because people read the community thread.

This was my impression as well. If I hadn't read the community thread before a Persona related thread on gaming side I may never have tread here.

Dantis

Just watched the Ultimax opening. Its pretty good! I like how the theme incorporates a Reach out to The Truth-esque melody.

Daimaou

This was my impression as well. If I hadn't read the community thread before a Persona related thread on gaming side I may never have tread here.

I don't really post much in Gaming side because of it, and half the time don't even bother to read the threads. I don't need or want to see old guard shitting on the new games for the millionth time, or pointless system wars and port begging. It all got old a long time ago.

I love the entire series, and the MegaTen franchise as a whole. It bums me out how toxic a lot of the "fanbase" seems to be.

kewlmyc

His design doesn't follow Soejima's usual art conventions, which in turn follows general art conventions (To a point, at least). I suppose you could say that he's drawn more like a typical cartoon character.

Oh, so you mean his face can get more exaggerated than any of the other characters? I think that adds to his somewhat odd charm, but that's just me. He's the only human character in P4 that has such exaggerated character portraits, so it makes him stand out in a good way imo. And yeah, Jintor, prototype Adachi was just ugly.

Sociopath? Don't you think you're exaggerating quite a bit? Especially about a silent protag? Same about everyone in P3 hating each other.

I don't really post much in Gaming side because of it, and half the time don't even bother to read the threads. I don't need or want to see old guard shitting on the new games for the millionth time, or pointless system wars and port begging. It all got old a long time ago.

I love the entire series, and the MegaTen franchise as a whole. It bums me out how toxic a lot of the "fanbase" seems to be.

There is good and bad parts to it, just like any other fanbase, but what we have that many other fanbases do not, is series of games that seem to almost go against each other in every single way, be it tone, story, the message it sends, and the general lack of social elements, among other things. Really if it wasn't for the combat being similar and both having the same demon/persona designs, you wouldn't guess a game as nihilistic and bleak as nocturne and one as hopeful and joyous as P4 belong under the same Megaten umbrella, so naturally those two fanbases under one larger fanbase seem to clash, especially when the attention and popularity is focused one one branch while the others are led with fewer releases and are sometimes looked down apon by the others: it is very stupid, but it is what it is.

Daimaou

There is good and bad parts to it, just like any other fanbase, but what we have that many other fanbases do not, is series of games that seem to almost go against each other in every single way, be it tone, story, the message it sends, and the general lack of social elements, among other things. Really if it wasn't for the combat being similar and both having the same demon/persona designs, you wouldn't guess a game as nihilistic and bleak as nocturne and one as hopeful and joyous as P4 belong under the same Megaten umbrella, so naturally those two fanbases under one larger fanbase seem to clash, especially when the attention and popularity is focused one one branch while the others are led with fewer releases and are sometimes looked down apon by the others: it is very stupid, but it is what it is.

Yeah, it's not something that I expect to ever be fixed. Still, it bums me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom