• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

There's a certain segment of his fanbase which likes him
for creepy reasons
for sure. But another big part of his fanbase just comes from the cabbage thing, and also just because
he's a fun diabolical character. Creepy to be sure but that's part of the charm. Which is why I like him...he has some sick lines too.

He's an interesting character to be sure lol.

Couldn't agree more. His contrast with the protag is great and it shows how anyone can abuse any type of power when they're not in the right state of mind. I do admit the "bitches and whores" and "
Adachi
was right" memes has gotten old though.

FluxWaveZ

Couldn't agree more. His contrast with the protag is great and it shows how anyone can abuse any type of power when they're not in the right state of mind. I do admit the "bitches and whores" and "
Adachi
was right" memes has gotten old though.

I do remember a lot of "
Adachi
did nothing wrong" comments on Nico Nico during the Persona reveal stream. Those got annoying.

Lunar15

Yeah, I really loved the stuff with Adachi at the end. I've got no problems with Adachi, I just find the obsession a little odd. But what obsession isn't a little odd!?

Squire

Banned
Yeah, I really loved the stuff with Adachi at the end. I've got no problems with Adachi, I just find the obsession a little odd. But what obsession isn't a little odd!?

Right, which is why I fully admit the same applies to "waifu wars"/discussion. (While maintaining we never really do that ITT though).

that is just a joke from the 4chan meme "Hitler did nothing wrong."

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/dub-the-dew

The more you know...

Right, which is why I fully admit the same applies to "waifu wars"/discussion. (While maintaining we never really do that ITT though).

The more you know...

It helps to have some friends who lurk 4chan who keep me in the know about what stupid shit goes on there....no it does not actually.

The reason the whole thing got spammed was cuz Sophia's stream was linked EVERYWHERE, even in 4chan. Hell, I think JEFF GERSTMANN was watching her stream.

Squire

Banned
It helps to have some friends who lurk 4chan who keep me in the know about what stupid shit goes on there....no it does not actually.

The reason the whole thing got spammed was cuz Sophia's stream was linked EVERYWHERE, even in 4chan. Hell, I think JEFF GERSTMANN was watching her stream.

Hahahahahaha!

Yeah, everyone caught that stream.

PK Gaming

You sound like Shinji :O

ibkdZ1qe52kYVT.gif
Swag levels at maximum output

FluxWaveZ

So about that P4U2 opening

The visuals have been improved, but it lacks the style & awe the first one had. I like it, but I find myself wanting to watch the original one every time I look at the intro, haha.

I think P4A2's arcade opening is better than the original's in every single way. Much more dynamic and much more stylish. The transitions are better, the music's just as good and a significant portion of the characters aren't omitted this time. Also, it's not mostly still images like P4A's.

It's too bad Liz and Sho aren't represented in it. Mostly Liz.

Also, pretty obvious, but the screencap as the countdown to the neo-Dark Hour starts for the story scene:

FluxWaveZ

I dunno man, old intro had so much energy

EDIT: Oh I'm not talking about the original intro (didn't really like it). I'm referring to the P1-Grand prix cutscene, which I mistakenly assumed it was the intro.

The P1-Grand prix cutscene is sooooo good.

Oh that, yeah that's different than the original arcade opening (I wouldn't say the other was actually P4A2's intro in its fullest but more like a story tease).

The P-1 Grand Prix scene was good in the original.

Lunar15

So, it's a clear creative direction that all the P3 characters have to be portrayed in a really weird way. Mitsuru wearing a cat suit/fur coat, Akihiko wearing a cape, Junpei in a baseball outfit, Yukari in a Neo Featherman costume, etc...

But I wonder why they made that conscious choice? I mean, I can't think of a story reason why it had to be that way. Perhaps they wanted to make them ridiculous so they could differentiate their fighting styles from the Yasogami kids? It's not that this bothers me. It's just that I'm really curious as to why they chose to go in this direction.

Perhaps it was described in the art book?

Lunar15

funny that Aigis is the only normal one.

She's... already a robot? I mean, I know that's the joke here... but it probably explains why they didn't need to make her any more ridiculous than she already is.

They did add a ton of ridiculous weapons to her, though.

FluxWaveZ

Well, it's most probably explained in the art book, but I would imagine the design choice is to exaggerate their lifestyle choices and the different paths they took in life after they were done with high school and also to give them a more unique look appropriate for a fighting game.

They also made a story contrivance for each of them: Akihiko = mobility and the cape is actually a hoodie (to protect his face through certain kinds of environments); Mitsuru = battle outfit (I guess custom designed to make her as efficient in battle as possible with the fur coat to look good doing so... which is kind of a contradiction, but whatevs); Yukari = no time to change (a good explanation I think while also emphasizing what she's doing now.

Don't know why Junpei's dressed the way he is, but maybe he had just finished doing his job when he went on the train and was too lazy to change beforehand or something.

Dantis

So, it's a clear creative direction that all the P3 characters have to be portrayed in a really weird way. Mitsuru wearing a cat suit/fur coat, Akihiko wearing a cape, Junpei in a baseball outfit, Yukari in a Neo Featherman costume, etc...

But I wonder why they made that conscious choice? I mean, I can't think of a story reason why it had to be that way. Perhaps they wanted to make them ridiculous so they could differentiate their fighting styles from the Yasogami kids? It's not that this bothers me. It's just that I'm really curious as to why they chose to go in this direction.

I've said this before.

I think it's just to separate Arena from the mainline games. All of the art in it is silly and ridiculous. I think it's to try and make it feel more arcadey and to try and give it its own identity.

Stark

Banned
Did it? Don't think so.

Anyway the animation in that opening feels pretty cheap.

It doesn't look as good as P4A1, yeah.

For Junpei & Yukari in particular, I feel it's to show the changes they've gone through after the events of P3. Yukari sort of a hero, etc. Though that's more on a thematic/story level, I guess.

Junpei just wanted a snack

Poor him. His luck is rotten.

What I would really like to see (maybe in an epilogue or something) is all of the Persona 3 cast, wearing regular clothes while they are older, sort of like Fuuka. It could be cool to see them re-redesigned back into a more Persona 3 look without going back to their old outfits.

Stark

Banned
I do hope you're talking about the console opening (of which we haven't seen P4A2's yet) and not the arcade opening, because there's practically no animation in P4A's arcade opening.

I'm tempted to say "Now I see why they didn't animate it" lol

I'll just put this under a similar transition as BBCT > CS.

Dantis

Does anyone else find it weird how there's such a small amount of fanart that imitates Soejima's style?

There's like, none.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom