• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Yep. All of them are P4G exclusive. It's absolutely the best addition that Golden ever makes.

Also, this is my favourite portrait.

1373432520088.jpg

Meia

I imagine your shadow to be an unflinchingly positive caricature of yourself.
That also loves kawaii, lewd things.

So.......PersonaGAF is Dantis's shadow?

It is so damn weird seeing Naoto without her hat. I wonder if they put that on her purely because of the resemblance to Makoto otherwise. Is it hard to draw the two side by side?

Even black and white, you did a pretty good job distinguishing them though. :)

Dantis

It is so damn weird seeing Naoto without her hat. I wonder if they put that on her purely because of the resemblance to Makoto otherwise. Is it hard to draw the two side by side?

Even black and white, you did a pretty good job distinguishing them though. :)

Makoto has never looked so masculine as when he's stood next to a 5 foot tall girl.

I don't know that Makoto's smile look weird, still great stuff though.

YOUR SMILE LOOKS WEIRD.

But seriously, keep in mind that it's a sketch. It's not going to be perfect.

Gazoinks

Does anyone else find it weird how there's such a small amount of fanart that imitates Soejima's style?

There's like, none.

Aside from just being hard to emulate, I'd say part of the attraction of fanart for a lot of people is filtering existing characters through another art style.

fertygo

YOUR SMILE LOOKS WEIRD.

But seriously, keep in mind that it's a sketch. It's not going to be perfect.

Haha, you actually correct for everything in there :)

Just something that I noticed, friendly reminder!

Makoto's smile does looked very hard to emulate from what I seen,

LX_Theo

Banned

Kajita also talks about the overall setting of the game, as he mentions that Persona 3 had a more urban setting, similar to that of Odaiba in Tokyo, while Persona 4 had a much more rural setting. While he believes that Atlus won’t be going back to another rural setting after the previous title, he wonders what could be next, and amuses himself at the thought of it possibly taking place overseas.

wut

fertygo

I thought only Gaijin that will have thought of that, apparently not.

Well, its kinda shitty when thinking the game implying only people in glorious japan that can summon this persona thing, its not fair!

ssshadow

Neo Member
Did anyone already post this? The latest Persona magazine has leaked with some new info.

- The game will feature “life-sized” character models in the environments to make it look more realistic. .

(For those of you who played TOX/TOX2, these “life-sized” character models are something similar found in these games. The character models are “realistic” in size when compared to the elements found in the surrounding elements, aka most monsters are bigger than the characters. Rather than a slightly deformed (and adorable) shape, which are found in previous games. Does that mean we no longer will have swords that are probably taller than everyone in the team? Probably yes)

Congrats Dantis, P5 wont be chibi.

- The game will feature “life-sized” character models in the environments to make it look more realistic. .

(For those of you who played TOX/TOX2, these “life-sized” character models are something similar found in these games. The character models are “realistic” in size when compared to the elements found in the surrounding elements, aka most monsters are bigger than the characters. Rather than a slightly deformed (and adorable) shape, which are found in previous games. Does that mean we no longer will have swords that are probably taller than everyone in the team? Probably yes)

This surely means no more character portraits.

PK Gaming

- P4U2 is actually a game to settle all the lingering issues in the previous game and can be seen as “completing” the storyline that started in P4U.
- P4U2 will seek to let the players know what the P3 characters have been up to until now and what happens after the events of P4 for the P4 characters.
It's time to bring it all to an end.

kewlmyc

This sounds amazing! What are TOX and TOX2? are the models of those games similar to Cathrine's?

Let's positive thinking, right? I'm sure there will be nothing less subtle than the Gekkoukan trip in 4.
until Persona 5 Arena comes out that is.

Tales of Xillia.

I'm not sure what they mean by "life-size" models though. Xillia did have the characters in a more open environment and were bigger compared to the environment that previous games. I guess that's what they mean by life-size? So I'm guess the characters will look like the bar sections of Catherine. That's the best Atlus related analogy I can think of.

Sweet, looking forward to character models not bound by the budget (I assume that's the main reason for the simple models in P3&4, at least). I'd be curious how their budget for P5 compares to the past games.

It's higher no doubt, But Persona games always recycle a ton of stuff so it's probably not out of control or anything.

FluxWaveZ

Did anyone already post this? The latest Persona magazine has leaked with some new info.

Congrats Dantis, P5 wont be chibi.

All "leaks" are coming from this source. Is it to be trusted?

It's time to bring it all to an end.

Or at least, bring everything that came to this point to an end!

I like the mention of letting the players know what the P3 characters were really up to up to P4A2. Really makes me think of the narrative branch structure of BB:CP with the specific Six Heroes branch. Kinda hope there's a similar one for SEES/Shadow Operatives.

Stark

Banned
- The high school setting is similar to P3, but the atmosphere is completely different from P3 or P4. But, he assures fans that this does not mean that the game will change in a manner that the fans cannot accept.

Similar to P3 hmm? I like the sound about that. Seems it'll definitely be a more urban setting, though that was probably a good guess from there talk of modern-society.

LX_Theo

Banned
Hmm... What if P5 takes the P2 multiple realities thing and turns it on its head. While P3 and P4 were in the P2EP universe, P5 (and P6) take place in the P2IS universe?

Gazoinks

Similar to P3 hmm? I like the sound about that. Seems it'll definitely be a more urban setting, though that was probably a good guess from there talk of modern-society.

I hope it feels more like a real city than P3. I'd either like them to do a P2 and have more smaller locations, or make the city more free-roaming (with fast travel).

Stark

Banned
I hope it feels more like a real city than P3. I'd either like them to do a P2 and have more smaller locations, or make the city more free-roaming (with fast travel).

Me too. At the very least, you could say P3 definitely felt like an island. I've been wondering of some ways on how they can overhaul the calendar system if its still intact to give more freedom to running around.

FluxWaveZ

I guess it's something to consider that P5 could actually take place in the past. I initially assumed (and still do, although less so) that P5 would simply take place after P4 like the past games.

Stark

Banned
isn't that timeline stuff from the talk show just speculation? I wouldn't take it to heart if so.

I still think it'll take place after P4.

Levito

Banned
Just wanted to let you know that I'm so obsessed with this series that I usually can't type out "person" without automatically adding an "a" at the end.

Like just now I sent out a really important work related email and the reply I got back was:

"..persona?"

Yup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom