• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAHAHAHAHA... *sigh*

Atlus NEVER localizes in another language other than English. If we get an Atlus title in Spanish, is because someone else developed the game and the developers added the language in, or because it was the European version, and so far, of all the Atlus-developed games that I know, only Catherine was localized into Spanish.

That's sad :(

They're shutting themselves out of a HUGE market. Would you happen to know if Catherine sold well in Latin America by any chance?

Dantis

Rewatching some Endurance Run stuff.

I know they're trying to show that Naoto is copying more 'adult' speech patterns, but the way they localised her is really jarring and awkward. It's kind of annoying.

Every time she opens her mouth in an investigation related cutscene, I sigh.

They make her seem completely inhuman and boring.

Sophia

Persona 5 will connect to Persona 3 and Persona 4 the same way Persona 3 connected to Persona 1 and Persona 2.

Which is to say if you're not looking for it, you probably won't see the references at all.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

We're all equally hopeless.

d2D6EjQ.jpg

Dantis

The characters of Persona 5, Atlus have shared, will be living the hard lives of modern-day society, where each one of them will be restrained by something. Atlus are working on a story that can allow players to experience a new world, along with a new sense of values, together with characters who will bring out a strong sense of reality.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/2...estrained-modern-society/#gVoEcJaFVK7svxFm.99

Oh man. So excited.

She sucks.

Says the man with the Rise avatar.

I actually like Rise more.

cjkeats

I could really go with a Persona game right about now
I'm playing Stella Deus right now. It's kinda like persona in the way that the main character kinda looks like teddie. (It's not like Persona at all, lol)
So I'm pretending this is like teddies gameshow and another one of his "things".

Other wise this is boring as shit.

Pretty art though. Cool to see Soejima do something other than teenagers.

Dantis

I'm playing Stella Deus right now. It's kinda like persona in the way that the main character kinda looks like teddie. (It's not like Persona at all, lol)
So I'm pretending this is like teddies gameshow and another one of his "things".

Other wise this is boring as shit.

Pretty art though. Cool to see Soejima do something other than teenagers.

LOL.

Looks like it was good purchase for me then.

LX_Theo

Banned
Every time she opens her mouth in an investigation related cutscene, I sigh.

They make her seem completely inhuman and boring.

There was a point I came to the conclusion that Naoto was just a replacement for your inner monologue on the case.

Jintor

It amuses me to see everyone taking Atlus's weird pseudo non-specific vaguespeak so seriously.

I guess it's the only scraps of info we're going to get for a while...

Caladrius

There was a point I came to the conclusion that Naoto was just a replacement for your inner monologue on the case.

I think they didn't really know where to take her character after the dungeon. It's a pity, too. She was my favorite of the girls after Yukiko.

It amuses me to see everyone taking Atlus's weird pseudo non-specific vaguespeak so seriously.

I will become excited when I see real things with my eyeballs.

cjkeats

LOL.

Looks like it was good purchase for me then.

You can probably spend $5 on worse. I'm sure the story might pick up somewhere. Battle system is pretty barebones turn based strategy so far, but mind you I'm still not really anywhere in it yet.

EDIT: Team attacks have the portrait cut in with the eyes, lol.

Dantis

She's actually really good on the parts where she speaks outside of the case. Good S Link too.

Unlike Yukiko, who has no redeeming qualities.

You can probably spend $5 on worse. I'm sure the story might pick up somewhere. Battle system is pretty barebones turn based strategy so far, but mind you I'm still not really anywhere in it yet.

EDIT: Team attacks have the portrait cut in with the eyes, lol.

Do they really? That's hilarious.

I think it's crazy to see how far Soejima's art has come when you look at Stella Deus. It's much, much less refined.

EDIT: Some of the designs are astouningly similar to Persona.

Sophia

Do they really? That's hilarious.

I think it's crazy to see how far Soejima's art has come when you look at Stella Deus. It's much, much less refined.

EDIT: Some of the designs are astouningly similar to Persona.

I like his Stella Deus art a lot. It's a shame it comes in such an average game. You'd think Hitoshi Sakimoto + Shigenori Soejima would be utterly amazing. But it's not. :(

Haha I was actually expecting waaaaaay less information when I saw how vague the teaser was. That's why I freak out every time even the smallest tidbit is released

Omikaru

Yukiko's redeeming quality is that I enjoy playing as her in Arena. :3

I'm dumping her like rotten food once Yukari is in.

Dantis

I thought you said she was your favorite design. Wouldn't that count as a redeemable quality?

I meant in terms of character, haha.

I think it's gotten to the point where I like everyone's design except for Kanji's and Rise's.

I like his Stella Deus art a lot. It's a shame it comes in such an average game. You'd think Hitoshi Sakimoto + Shigenori Soejima would be utterly amazing. But it's not. :(

It's really good. Might add it to my list of 'things I should draw crossover art of', lol.

Stella Deus is pretty much unplayable, honestly. It has a nice aesthetic (it's basically P2 but PS2 quality), but uuuurgh actually playing it a chore. Attack animations take forever (you can't turn them off!), there's only a handful of enemy types so you're pretty much facing the same things over and over and over, accuracy is modified way, way too heavily by level difference (ie if you aren't at least the same level as your target you're pretty much just going to be swatting at it and only landing one attack for every five you attempt), and the item fusion system has no internal consistency (like in Persona, ok, you can look at a fusion chart and see that a Hierophant Persona x a Death Persona will yield whatever, but in SD it's like, Leather Hat + Short Knife = Scale Armor, Leather Hat + Long Knife = Elixir, Leather Hat + Kitchen Knife = Leather Boots).

It's not worth five bucks unless you just really, really, really want to see Soejima's artwork on PS2-quality hardware or if you just really have to see Soejima drawing nipples and giant boobs.

cjkeats

So it looks like Kanamin's voice actor in P4:D is Kotobuki Minako, who some of you may know as Mugi from K-On!

Godamn. I'm sorry Risette, but Kanamin can officially sing circles around you.
Good thing her design is still shit outside of the jugs.
It's not worth five bucks unless you just really, really, really want to see Soejima's artwork on PS2-quality hardware or if you just really have to see Soejima drawing nipples and giant boobs.

I regret nothing.

FluxWaveZ

The one I want to see in story mode is Shadow
Fuuka

Now that'd be cool and might actually happen since
she's been kidnapped and all.

Apparently they're still using PSR in P4A2 arcades. Not cool. Regardless, it is PAINFUL to know that the game's launching, like, now and yet there is no stream dedicated to it yet.

1 year and 8 months ago, this was the stream which live streamed a whole lot of matches at the arcade launch of the original P4A. 'Twas fun times.

Edit: Is there anyone playing P4A right now? Might want to spectate and/or play a few matches.

cj_iwakura

Finishing Stella Deus took me forever, but I'm glad I did. I like to think it was supporting P3. I bought it at a launch thanks to the awesome winning reverse cover(which I voted for).

And Sho looks awesome, honestly don't get the hate.

Caladrius

I like him for the most part (especially the "violent psychopath" part). The shoes bug me though. All I can think of when I notice them is "clown shoes". Thank goodness for alt colors. Dual blue or Black and White alt colors please.

Gazoinks

Finishing Stella Deus took me forever, but I'm glad I did. I like to think it was supporting P3. I bought it at a launch thanks to the awesome winning reverse cover(which I voted for).

My only problem with Sho is his colors. I feel like they're a little too bright, if that makes sense. Looks a little off to me because of it.

LX_Theo

Banned
I've been replaying P4G, and I've been trying my hardest to piss people off when given the opportunity in dialogue. Its really, really hard to get much headway on this path. I hope Persona 5 is more accommodating of this playstyle.

Andrefpvs

I've been replaying P4G, and I've been trying my hardest to piss people off when given the opportunity in dialogue. Its really, really hard to get much headway on this path. I hope Persona 5 is more accommodating of this playstyle.

I've always wanted to do an "asshole" playthrough when I had the time, but yeah, I kinda figured everyone would love me anyways :'(

King Fost

Neo Member

To be honest Sho kind of reminds me of Bat, and not in a good way. It's not just the knives, there's something about his attitude that's kind of reminiscent of him too.

But my main beef with Sho is his design. He looks like a complete tool, which I suppose was the point, but there's his ridiculous intro with the impossible leap, which reminds me of really bad shonen anime.

That would mean a western RPG style evil path? Nah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom