• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

"Oh!? A new face appears here! And what a beauty she is, too! And that chest is definitely not to be underestimated either!"
Mitsuru, and now Yukari too. We should call em Busty Operatives from now on.

source

EDIT: HAH, Shadow Yu is a total con-man.

LX_Theo

Banned
I have a hard time believing Adachi is anything more than a plot element character. He'd have at least some new artwork if he was anything more.

I couldn't find any :(

tumblr_mwyfa22Sn41qjrfr5o1_500.jpg

Why hello there

Real?

Marche90

That's sad :(

They're shutting themselves out of a HUGE market. Would you happen to know if Catherine sold well in Latin America by any chance?

No idea. It's a shame we never get sales data over here, tbh.
Also, the Spanish localization only happened because of Deep Silver, who published the game in Europe (I think the game was EFIGS over there.) We never got that version over here.

It looks like the sprite that appeared in the stream the other day so it might be possible. Would love a confirmation, though

Sophia

Also I feel bad for anyone who hasn't beaten P4 yet. The last few pages have been spoilerville. I guess it's bound to happen if he does end up becoming a playable character.

Yes, we should probably be marking spoilers and hiding spoilerific images behind links people. As difficult as it may be given the nature of the spoiler.

cj_iwakura

It's real. Game's out and he appears in a bunch of characters' arcade story mode.

You'd think they'd fight him if he wound up being integral to the story.

And given the nature of his reveal, it's kind of hard for P4A2 to not be a P4 spoiler simply by existing.

FluxWaveZ

You'd think they'd fight him if he wound up being integral to the story.

Depends on what he says. We don't know why he's there, after all, or what his motivations could be. Seeing how they're teasing him, it'd be a bit odd if he wasn't playable, but it remains to be seen.

Also, in a scan going around, we can clearly see Sho's Persona and it's indeed called "Tsukiyomi" (in the scan and not "Tsukuyomi"), son of Izanagi and Izanami.

PK Gaming

Depends on what he says. We don't know why he's there, after all, or what his motivations could be. Seeing how they're teasing him, it'd be a bit odd if he wasn't playable, but it remains to be seen.

Also, in a scan going around, we can clearly see Sho's Persona and it's indeed called "Tsukuyomi", son of Izanagi and Izanami.
Wow, looks like he's got a stronger connection to Yu than I initially assumed

Theory time:
-A unique shadow that belongs to Yu
-Yu's clone? By the Kirijo group of course, they can do anything
-A relative or an old friend?

FluxWaveZ

Theory time:

Future son of Yu Narukami and
Marie.

FluxWaveZ

Dammit. For the brief moment we saw Persona Sho it pretty much confirmed that that version of him isn't messing around and might be a different "person" altogether since he definitely had a different voice.

I bet that the image of Sho where he looks serious, is holding his hand in front of his face and is looking straight at the player will be his vs. screen portrait. For now, he's just an arcade boss, but that pretty much confirms that the last slot in the char. select screen will be for him.

kewlmyc

Dammit. For the brief moment we saw Persona Sho it pretty much confirmed that that version of him isn't messing around and might be a different "person" altogether since he definitely had a different voice.

I bet that the image of Sho where he looks serious, is holding his hand in front of his face and is looking straight at the player will be his vs. screen portrait. For now, he's just an arcade boss, but that pretty much confirms that the last slot in the char. select screen will be for him.

I still think pray that Persona Sho is in the "shadow" slot for the Sho we have now.

Your point about them adding characters slots later on is also solid. We do have 7 months until console release.

Theory time:

Ametarasu and Susanoo are also Izanagi and Izanami's bebbehs, so I wouldn't read into it THAT much

FluxWaveZ

I still think pray that Persona Sho is in the "shadow" slot for the Sho we have now.

Why I can't see that happening is because it reminds me too much of the Shadow Labrys and Labrys difference. Both versions of Sho probably play different enough that placing them in the same slot would probably be a disservice to both of them and it's not a certainty that Sho with a Persona is actually a Shadow.

Ametarasu and Susanoo are also Izanagi and Izanami's bebbehs, so I wouldn't read into it THAT much

Oh, is that right? Now that makes things interesting.

Oh, is that right? Now that makes things interesting.

Funny thing about that myth is that they're not Izanami's children per-se. All three of them were born out if the underworld filth that Izanagi cleaned out of different parts of his body after he came back from "saving" Izanami. Ametarasu (the sun) was born from him washing his left eye, Tsukuyomi (the moon) was born from the right eye, and Susanoo (the storms) from his nose.

FluxWaveZ

A few P4A2 details from what I've observed/read:

- "Shadow" Labrys has pretty much the exact same portrait as Shadow Labrys.
- Time To Make History is the IK theme (thought it was supposed to be the new P4 mirror theme).
- Much like Liz in the original game, playing arcade mode with Sho is completely devoid of story.
- Arcade mode final boss is Persona Sho, though the ASW and Atlus spoiler ninjas don't want us seeing what it involves. Same goes with "Shadow" Labrys, it sounds like.
- Thank god the context of the fights is no longer "they've been brainwashed/tricked to face each other in a tournament." There are some fights such as Teddie vs. Yukari where confusion results in a fight, which is fine, but for the most part it's against the Shadow Brigade.
- The Shadows dissipate in a sparkly burst once defeated. Wonder what that means, exactly, or if it's just a stylish way to convey that they're "gone."
- No one has yet to say anything about why the hell Adachi's wandering around.
- Liz now has an arcade story mode, and it's glorious.

" 'sup "

FluxWaveZ

So that P4A2 stream transformed into an SNK soccer game for some reason. Fantastic.

Exclusive Persona 4: Soccer footage:

iWsqW34ckoTVA.gif

I am very frustrated that the ONLY P4A2 stream became that. Just when Yu's story was getting good...

PK Gaming

A few P4A2 details from what I've observed/read:

- "Shadow" Labrys has pretty much the exact same portrait as Shadow Labrys.
- Time To Make History is the IK theme (thought it was supposed to be the new P4 mirror theme).
- Much like Liz in the original game, playing arcade mode with Sho is completely devoid of story.
- Arcade mode final boss is Persona Sho, though the ASW and Atlus spoiler ninjas don't want us seeing what it involves. Same goes with "Shadow" Labrys, it sounds like.
- Thank god the context of the fights is no longer "they've been brainwashed/tricked to face each other in a tournament." There are some fights such as Teddie vs. Yukari where confusion results in a fight, which is fine, but for the most part it's against the Shadow Brigade.
- The Shadows dissipate in a sparkly burst once defeated. Wonder what that means, exactly, or if it's just a stylish way to convey that they're "gone."
- No one has yet to say anything about why the hell Adachi's wandering around.
- Liz now has an arcade story mode, and it's glorious.

" 'sup "
Goddamn, P4A2 is going to be sooooooo good.

@ShadowYukari: Hey guuurrrrrllll. Doesn't she look like Mrs. Toriumi, hah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom